Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #181

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if they could get the confessions tossed, the state should still have all the evidence they used to put RA there in the first place, right? If it turns out that the strongest evidence against RA only came into existence after he was incarcerated, that would not look good to me, either.

I thought the same exact thing earlier. It shouldn't even matter to the State if they're so sure they have their guy! It's not like he confessed in an interrogation room. It was in prison while looking like he'd just been dug up from being buried alive! IMO MOO

I honestly don't see this being resolved before the supposed trial date.

IMO for the Judge to grant the motion, she needs the context and nature of each confession, which means a detailed hearing with various witnesses - perhaps video like you say, and the medical experts ... and first the defence has to actually file a proper brief which particularises each confession they want excluded and argues to the various categories (IMO)

How can any of this get done?

Wait til you see the newest motion just filed! Makes a May 13 trial seem even more unlikely. I think the Defense has a good point that the State needs to be sanctioned for their extreme delays in getting them Discovery and going way past the deadline. But their suggestions for the sanctions will not be accepted by Gull, I predict. They seem a little.....out there.

Oh my gosh. Tracking stock! Huge chills here. Could it be possible he was actually tracking them in real time? MONSTER
This has been my working theory for a while now, that via an app on a second phone, one of the girls was inadvertently sharing her location. Perhaps KAK had pre-loaded a phone for Libby, left it as a gift from "Anthony"...

I am not up on the latest apps but I know there are ones DESIGNED to share location. So at a point in time, one phone holder can identify all known contacts within a close arc. Novel for a group of social butterflies. Scary as hell in the wrong hands.

I suspect A_S was encouraging Libby to go to the park ... for pictures -- and as soon as Kelsie could drive them, she let A_S know.... and he told two friends....

With that app open, IMO they were tracksble.

Sick Game On

RA who I strongly believe was one of two people accessing EmilyAnn45, mobilized. Set up a tripod, then drove around to the CPS lot...and got in position to get behind the girls as they made their way toward the sad bridge of no return.

I believe he was in fact tracking the stock market. Emphasis on tracking.

With its own language

Buy, sell, follow, hot commodities (sorry) --

And after the atrocity was completed, he swiped Libby's second phone and made sure it was never seen again. Was unaware she had two. MOO

JMO

I am shocked at the specific sanctions the defense is requesting. Seriously? Not being allowed to cross examine TC? Tossing out all of Abby’s call phone data, including the bridge guy video! Being allowed to play any “late evidence” video they want of any witness without rebuttal! This can’t be real life. If anything these specific requests make their client look hella guilty.

If I could understand that I suspect I'd appreciate it. :oops:
This is OT, but I understand Nick went to Delphi Community High School. I wonder if they were big rivals with Rushville Consolidated High School. Just a vibe I'm getting
@layer

Long story short: it means that (1) Law enforcement and prosecutors have known for quite a time that TC had Brady/Giglio violations; (2) This information is exculpatory evidence; (3) This information has not been provided to not only RA's defense team, but all others previously prosecuted in Rush County.

This has been my working theory for a while now, that via an app on a second phone, one of the girls was inadvertently sharing her location. Perhaps KAK had pre-loaded a phone for Libby, left it as a gift from "Anthony"...

I am not up on the latest apps but I know there are ones DESIGNED to share location. So at a point in time, one phone holder can identify all known contacts within a close arc. Novel for a group of social butterflies. Scary as hell in the wrong hands.

I suspect A_S was encouraging Libby to go to the park ... for pictures -- and as soon as Kelsie could drive them, she let A_S know.... and he told two friends....

With that app open, IMO they were tracksble.

Sick Game On

RA who I strongly believe was one of two people accessing EmilyAnn45, mobilized. Set up a tripod, then drove around to the CPS lot...and got in position to get behind the girls as they made their way toward the sad bridge of no return.

I believe he was in fact tracking the stock market. Emphasis on tracking.

With its own language

Buy, sell, follow, hot commodities (sorry) --

And after the atrocity was completed, he swiped Libby's second phone and made sure it was never seen again. Was unaware she had two. MOO

JMO

Good theory! But how would he have gotten the phone to Libby? Kelsi said they made no stops from home to the trails IIRC. However, there is a ten minute discrepancy so maybe they did stop somewhere, like the Marathon gas station?

IMO MOO

@layer

Long story short: it means that (1) Law enforcement and prosecutors have known for quite a time that TC had Brady/Giglio violations; (2) This information is exculpatory evidence; (3) This information has not been provided to not only RA's defense team, but all others previously prosecuted in Rush County.

Do you have any concept of how rare (or not rare) Brady violations are?

The Defense will finally run out of stall tactics and ra will take a plea, I wish he would go to trial and get the dp he deserves imo

I knew this would be "the" argument lol.

I do happen to agree that it's looking good for this trial NOT happening on May 13th, but it's not a stall tactic. They have practically been begging the State for the Discovery and haven't gotten what they need. Do you suggest they proceed without it simply because there's a man going on trial?

Do you have any concept of how rare (or not rare) Brady violations are?
According to this, about 10% of the time:

I knew this would be "the" argument lol.

I do happen to agree that it's looking good for this trial NOT happening on May 13th, but it's not a stall tactic. They have practically been begging the State for the Discovery and haven't gotten what they need. Do you suggest they proceed without it simply because there's a man going on trial?

Just wasting time and money. Eventually ra will get what he deserves imo.

For my last and final black and white understanding on this "late discovery"... The case begins with the evidence they have on RA. Early in the D learns about the Odinist theory and then want ALL discovery so they can investigate their angle. It takes forever for this to be given to them but they do get it. They complain about the massive amount of it and poor organization. Is this not the State's work product?
Is the argument that they didn't get all of this "discovery" aka background work and therefore the State was withholding exculpatory evidence? I feel the delays came in when asking for all of this information. Would it be normal in a case for the State to give the Defense the entire Orion database as part of discovery? Or just the entries that apply to the defendant?

I wonder if it is limited to Click. Or Rush County, for that matter. Particularly with regards to Giglio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Engeluc