Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #182

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so let's imagine that it all went down as you posted. Why then, for years and years did RA seemingly NOT push LE to get his image out of the press, missing persons posters, videos etc (if he was BG I mean). Why be content to leave that out there with a question as to whether HE killed those kids? What would have made him content to leave that image up for people to think it might be him / to tip his name in to LE? Why not insist police tell the public they spoke with BG AND it wasn't RA? Or even that BG was no longer a suspect????

Two possible answers;
1. RA didn't wanna let on that he thought he was BG / knew he was BG
2. RA isn't BG and didn't think anything of the BG photo/video
“He often sat inches away from the police sketch of the wanted killer.”
“RA and his wife KA were regular customers who would often talk about the 2017 killings”

He would come in and we would always talk about the girls and everything”.
BBM

RA inserted himself just enough to appear concerned while getting the scoop. IMO
He got a thrill from playing cat and mouse. A killer undetected among the innocent locals.

JMOOO

https://.com/2022/11/01/delphi-murder-suspect-richard-allen-sat-near-police-sketch/

I imagine RA followed the investigation closely. Beyond inserting himself into it by talking to DD.

Among those closest to him, perhaps he held much bluster, sounding like a concerned parent.

In the community, he carried on without so much as a hiccough. No hiding, no moving away. Same old, same old. Quick to be Rick, helpful, friendly. Rocking the public persona.

As time went on, he probably grew comfortable (that he was suspected by no one) and complacent (settled into his public Rick routine). Think how life must've been for BTK. Guilty as heck but carrying on like a family man, man of God, volunteer and leader.

Until LE showed up. And secured the warrant.

He hid for a long time.

JMO

Has his phone EVER been mentioned as far as location data and his arrival and departing the trail?
All I've seen is the defense statement about no phone linking to him (paraphrasing). I'm kind of wondering if they did run the number right away and it did sorta "clear" him, at least enough to file DD's report with the thousands of other leads that never panned out. Five years later, someone reviewing the case realized the data didn't positively rule RA out, and finally took the extra steps to nail it down.
It seems plausible, but that would mean more fibbing from LE. :confused:

All I've seen is the defense statement about no phone linking to him (paraphrasing). I'm kind of wondering if they did run the number right away and it did sorta "clear" him, at least enough to file DD's report with the thousands of other leads that never panned out. Five years later, someone reviewing the case realized the data didn't positively rule RA out, and finally took the extra steps to nail it down.
It seems plausible, but that would mean more fibbing from LE. :confused:
I just want to know if no phone links him does that mean it's because he didn't carry his phone that day? If that is the case then why did he say he was watching stocks on his phone?? If he was carrying a phone, then is that not the one he supplied to DD to get the info from? If they got the data from that phone and it didn't show he was at the trail at all, then it does all look a little more suspicious for him. If it's a normal day, he's out for a stroll, watching stocks on his phone and looking at fish, then his phone should show EXACTLY when he was there and doing all that..

I just want to know if no phone links him does that mean it's because he didn't carry his phone that day?
It could.
It could mean that they botched the tower dump.
It could mean that it completely backed up his story, but only to the extent it was able to, and it wasn't positive proof.
It could mean that the defense hadn't fully received and decyphered all the phone data when they made that statement.
Oh! Crazy idea! It could mean that he is innocent.
I could go on, but you get the idea.
Stay tuned :)

Anyone reading the file today. I'm stuck looking for a link and can't read it until this afternoon.

I read it. It's just a lot of "they are wrong" - and very poorly written. Nick is saying "they have everything and always have...I don't know why they can't find it." That's how I took it.

Ok, so let's imagine that it all went down as you posted. Why then, for years and years did RA seemingly NOT push LE to get his image out of the press, missing persons posters, videos etc (if he was BG I mean). Why be content to leave that out there with a question as to whether HE killed those kids? What would have made him content to leave that image up for people to think it might be him / to tip his name in to LE? Why not insist police tell the public they spoke with BG AND it wasn't RA? Or even that BG was no longer a suspect????

Two possible answers;
1. RA didn't wanna let on that he thought he was BG / knew he was BG
2. RA isn't BG and didn't think anything of the BG photo/video
I’ll pick door #2 :). JMO

26 TB is a lot of documents. :oops:

Eta: For reference 15,000 page-sized images fit on a GB; this would be 400 million 8x10 glossys. There may be some recordings that didn't get erased, those take up a little space.
How Many documents In A Gigabyte? 2024 statistics for litigators
Not to mention all the cr@ppola they may have included, like rolling over what looks like a dead guy that has absolutely nothing to do with this case? Like seriously? What possibly else can they do to mess this up just a little more? It is beyond belief! JMO
Ed:gr

Last edited:
Ooh this is good stuff and exactly what I assumed was happening so I will highlight these:

1. That discovery is evidence in a case that the State intends to use at trial or evidence that tends to exonerate the Defendant, referred to as exculpatory evidence. Not all information gathered in an investigation is discovery.

5.Throughout this process, the Defense has inundated the State with inquires on where to find certain documents. The State has endeavored to assist the Defense in finding documents that they are looking for in the information provided to them. Often times in this endeavor the State finds that the Defense had the documents all along but that they could not locate them. The State has no idea why the Defense cannot locate the documents. The information is organized for the State in the same fashion as it was provided to the Defense. In order to find documents, the State has to dive into the 26 terabytes of information often searching several files before documents can be found. The Defense seem to want to circumvent that procedure and just request that the State find the documents for them. The State has done its best to appease the Defense.

10. That much of the information that the Defense requested is not even discovery in this case. Meaning that the evidence is not going to be used by the State at trial nor is it exculpatory to Richard Allen.

Adobe Acrobat

And that's why I hold the strong opinion that they should have started with the evidence against RA and built the case from there. We will see if the court agrees on 5/1. Hopefully she won't be deemed biased for following rule 26 & 37.
Also knew it was odd for the D to request a motion to compel and sanction in the same breath. SMH. IANAL but I have a doctorate in common sense.

RA inserted himself just enough to appear concerned while getting the scoop. IMO
He got a thrill from playing cat and mouse. A killer undetected among the innocent locals.
Wow, I don't get that sense at all. If RA did it, I suspect he'd have crawled back into his hole and been happy as a clam. I totally get that vibe from BK, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleuth_Star