Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #182

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know. The subpoena is from the defense.

Mr. Patton,
Please accept this letter as confirmation that you have received a subpoena from Richard Allen's defense team to appear in Carroll County Circuit Court to provide testimony In Re State of Indiana v. Richard Allen: Cause No. 08C01-2210-MR-000001.
From a scheduling standpoint, this case poses some significant challenges. The State of Indiana will present its case first. The Defense will follow thereafter. It is difficult to estimate the length of time that it will take the State of Indiana to present its case and therefore, by extension, it is difficult for Richard Allen's defense team to anticipate an exact date and time upon which any particular witness would be required-to appear to testify.

You know what they say about assumptions. :p I hate it when I have to read the dang documents myself. It appears to me that Lacy Patton is indeed a witness for the defense.

This is right, yes? LP is for the D.
With that realization, I have to re-tool. I wonder what he's got to offer them. :oops:
I don’t know. Maybe the defense has requested a pretrial deposition of the prosecution’s witness. His testimony is useful to defense if what he claims to have heard RA say doesn’t match the crime details. That’s what defense contended in one of the memos.

April 19, 2024
Dear Mr. Patton, Jr.
Please accept this letter as confirmation that I have enclosed two separate Subpoenas. The first requires your appearance in the Elkhart County Jail on Friday, April 26, 2024, at 1:00 p.m. At that time, I will take your deposition via electronic platform. Special Prosecutor, James Luttrell, myself, and Court Reporter, Sharon Barrett will participate in the deposition. All through electronic means. The intention is to question you regarding your contact with Richard Allen while the two of you were incarcerated at the Westville Correctional Facility. I have enclosed a copy of the transcript from your interview last year for your review in anticipation of your deposition. Additionally, I have enclosed a Subpoena requiring your appearance at the jury trial in this cause. You are scheduled for May 20, 2024, at 8:00 am. I have also enclosed a letter that we are providing to all Subpoenaed witnesses explaining the scheduling challenges with regard to this trial. Naturally, because you are in jail, I will likely have to seek a Court order requiring your transport. Either way, I am enclosing the Subpoena for your records. I look forward to speaking with you next Friday.
Very Truly Yours,
Bradley J. Rozzi

Sure looks like a defense witness to me

A look back; what a shame he didn't recognize BG or his voice or his walk.
(excerpts from the link)
Allen is being held on two counts of felony murder. He lives in Delphi and all along investigators believed they were searching for a suspect who was local.

“Mainly from the aspect of the area where the crimes were committed and having an idea the topography, layout and geography of that area,” said Sheriff Leazenby.

Allen worked at CVS. You can see the store from the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office.
Sheriff Leazenby remembers seeing Allen at CVS and having interactions with him. He described Allen as ‘professional.’

“You go to that store to shop, pick up some prescriptions, what have you. To make the connection now, it’s a very unusual feeling,” said Sheriff Leazenby.

I'm just hoping part of that whole story LE hasn't told us is ironclad proof that RA is at least involved. What I've seen is not enough for me. As a juror I would hang my jury on that. If they have to build a house of cards to get there, I'm almost certain they could still get a conviction. But it will not be a satisfying victory by any measure, and it likely won't stand up on appeal anyway. It will never end.
This is my message to Nick: You said he did it, great! Now prove it and end this thing!
Then we can figure out how to fix Indiana. :D
Why would the State leak any damaging to RA information before trial? We don't know the State's case yet, will have to wait until trial for all the details unlike the Defense who has found many ways to go around the gag and protection orders. That reeks of desperation, not confidence to me.

Good luck on trying to fix Indiana if all of the accusations that have been made here are true it's a cesspool.

JMO

This has always frustrated me, the judge recused themselves from the case claiming people were threatening them and their families lives.

Ok, who?!

People are threatening a judges life and instead of an investigation being launched and those people being charged they allow said threats to chase a judge off a case? This isn’t Mexico.

As for the guy that’s testifying against Richard Allen, I don’t think he has too much to worry about with being labeled a snitch for cooperating in the murder of two little girls. Convicts usually get a pass when it’s crimes against children.
I haven't seen where he was threatened with physical harm to himself or his family.
Judge Diener claimed bloodlust for information was the issue. He was being threatened with lawsuits if he didn't hand over court docs. He was concerned about YTers hosting content regarding family members and photos.

I agree that LP Jr. probably doesn't have much to worry about, other that being a snitch in general. The issue I see with him is he's returning back to Elkhart Co. jail for another year of incarceration, instead of being free. If he was an agent of the State, he might not want to be testifying to that considering his current circumstances. I'd like to see the actual reason the Elkhart Co. judge recused himself from one of JP's cases.

Let's say DD took the report on Feb 14, as has been suggested. Wouldn't you love to see the interrogation Holeman didn't give him at that time, say Feb 17th 2017, with the BG picture in hand, showing it to his face, pinning him down on times, locations, people he saw, phones he owned, predilections etc. All on video that's backed up and doesn't self-erase.
The proof is in the pudding, if what they have now is enough to charge RA, it was enough to charge him in 2017. Unless there was some huge conspiracy involving officials on all levels to protect RA, the only logical conclusion is that it took five years to start the followup to DD's report.
Perhaps RA had someone provide an alibi for him in 2017, but that changed sometime before his arrest in Oct 2022?

I know you must have said this in jest, but the alleged huge conspiracy wasn't trying to protect RA, but to protect the evil Odins, LE, ISP ,DOC, the FBI, the Judge and State Prosecutor who all (hundreds of people over the years) conspired to convict and charge RA, the poor little, random, completely innocent man from CVS. Umm, no. That's just a bridge too far for me.

JMO

Why would the State leak any damaging to RA information before trial? We don't know the State's case yet, will have to wait until trial for all the details unlike the Defense who has found many ways to go around the gag and protection orders. That reeks of desperation, not confidence to me.

Good luck on trying to fix Indiana if all of the accusations that have been made here are true it's a cesspool.

JMO
Indiana in general is not a cesspool. The judicial systems in some areas are cesspools and those are gaining attention.

Transparency shines the light on problems. Judge Gull needs to allow cameras in the courtroom. The more they hide things, the more suspicious the situation gets.

Is the defense scheduling witnesseses already? I guess I just assumed that any scheduled witnesses have to be prosecution at this stage.
As we know, the Defense is behind the 8 ball, they're overwhelmed, they've got to actually read and go through all of that voluminous discovery, the majority of which they've had for a long time. (April 2023 and on)

They're still scheduling depositions and witnesses, but they're ready to go man. Just ask them.

I would bet they have their gimmie money mental health expert witness's information all wrapped up with a pretty bow though.;)

MOO

Why, if RA actually was having dire behaviors did RAs attorneys not have RA sent for mental compentency evaluation?
Because he actually wasn't IMO. That became the 'story' to spin after viewing the State's discovery. The DOC doctors and mental health workers evaluated him after he refused to eat, drink or sleep after that, they would have had to because they were liable. RA managed to get it together for the June hearings with Judge Gull though.

Did we ever find out how many times in person R&B visited RA in Westville? I think you could count them on one hand. Definitely one time to take the picture of RA in dirty and drooled on clothing though, that way key.

MOO

Indiana in general is not a cesspool. The judicial systems in some areas are cesspools and those are gaining attention.

Transparency shines the light on problems. Judge Gull needs to allow cameras in the courtroom. The more they hide things, the more suspicious the situation gets.
All State's have areas of 'questionable' judicial actions from both the State and Defense's side of things, always will IMO. It's not a perfect system anywhere. A camera in this case is far too little and too late if it's as bad as has been claimed.

Judge Gull's courtroom, it's her decision as to whether cameras are allowed or not. I agree with her not allowing media access simply because of the unprofessional conduct of this D and their band of rabid SM, Podcaster, TikTok followers. Look at their actions just during hearings...what would an actual trial bring? :eek:

The last thing this D needs is a stage and a worldwide audience to play to.

The families of the victims Abby and Libby should be able to attend the trial of the Defendant accused of murdering their loved ones as civilly as possible. They are already going to be traumatized by the information IMO. It's finally their time for Justice.

ALL JMO

EBM: Added word for clarity

Last edited:
This is a great, and disturbing point.

<snipped & BBM>

On Thursday, Judge Diener said concerns about videos circulating online with the faces of his family members had prompted him to recuse himself from the high-profile case. A special judge in Allen County is now expected to take over the proceedings, local news station 13WTHR reported.

It comes after Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby filed a motion saying his department cannot provide the supervision to jail Mr Allen due to safety concerns for the suspect fueled by “extensive coverage from an array of various media platforms, both mainstream and social, throughout this state, the United States, and the world.”

Judge condemns public ‘blood lust’ over Delphi murders suspect Richard Allen

Maybe I am missing something here but why will Cameras in the court room stop any questionable actions?

Everything in the court room will still be recorded for record. Loads of journalists as well there taking notes.

This is not entertainment and we will still hear anything I assume but just delayed?

Moo

Why, if RA actually was having dire behaviors did RAs attorneys not have RA sent for mental compentency evaluation?
Because he was under the care of the medical staff at Westville?
AND JG isn't too big on paying for experts?

Actually, some people suspect it was that treatment that contributed to his mental problems. Along with being locked up in solitary confinement, which is known to cause mental problems.

All State's have areas of 'questionable' judicial actions from both the State and Defense's side of things, always will IMO. It's not a perfect system anywhere. A camera in this case is far too little and too late if it's as bad as has been claimed.

Judge Gull's courtroom, it's her decision as to whether cameras are allowed or not. I agree with her not allowing media access simply because of the unprofessional conduct of this D and their band of rabid SM, Podcaster, TikTok followers. Look at their actions just during hearings...what would an actual trial bring? :eek:

The last thing this D needs is a stage and a worldwide audience to play to.

The families of the victims Abby and Libby should be able to attend the trial of the Defendant accused of murdering their loved ones as civilly as possible. They are already going to be traumatized by the information IMO. It's finally their time for Justice.

ALL JMO

EBM: Added word for clarity
JG could live stream the trial with no problems regarding disturbances. Other Indiana courts have been doing it successfully since Covid. No conduct problems, no disruption problems, can shut the camera off for sensitive issues. No reason to keep it all behind closed doors. IMO

When we talk about YTers. I hope people realize that a good deal of those the D called to court were avidly pro-McLeland and adamantly anti-defense. If the P had not protested and JG had not ruled in his favor, we could have heard about the communications between Nick and his YT fans.

IMO this case is damaged beyond repair.

Page 143
McLeland and Beaudette (aka Fig) communications Not allowed into evidence.

Last edited:
A guilty verdict will at least fix what the family have had to deal with in past 6/7 years.

I can not imagine what will happen if justice doesn’t prevail next month. I just hope the Prosecution have an airtight case.

It’s clearly the right man it’s just a question of amount of evidence that will link him to the crime after years of not arresting him. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dallasgrl