Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #182

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please explain to me why the P would want any geofencing conducted by FBI Koran thrown out? I am so confused. Again.

Pic related:
View attachment 500415

9. Any reference to geofencing and/or any testimony from Kevin Horan about geofencing or the findings from any geofence search that is not relevant or is for the purpose of confusing the issues or has the potential to mislead the jury in violation of Rule 401. IRE 401. Burden is on the opponent to show why it is relevant. Mullins v. State, 646 N.E.2d 40 (Ind. 1995). Relevant evidence may be excluded if its probative value is substantially outweighed by its prejudicial effect. Rolston v. State, 81 N.E.3d 1097 (Ind. Ct. App. 2017). Evidence may be excluded if it confuses the issues.

Source:
Adobe Acrobat
Because it's "not relevant or is for the purpose of confusing the issues or has the potential to mislead the jury in violation of Rule 401"?

Paid witness. We have seen cases where experts testify to the very limited scope they are presented with from either side.
So you’re saying the FBI agent is going to be a witness for the defense? (Along with Click)

Will the P have their own geofencing expert from the FBI? I assume the FBI wouldn’t have 2 agents contradicting each other? Or is the P going to throw out the geofencing data?

So you’re saying the FBI agent is going to be a witness for the defense? (Along with Click)

Will the P have their own geofencing expert from the FBI? I assume the FBI wouldn’t have 2 agents contradicting each other? Or is the P going to throw out the geofencing data?
Not sure in the least bit so just assuming off the top of the dome. I believe the D has a geofence expert. At least I remember seeing either they wanted one or had one. Their witness could focus on those 3 dots to cause reasonable doubt.
The State's expert will be testifying to exactly where RAs dot was. Where it moved, how long it stayed etc. This is JMO as I am not totally sure.

According to whom, though? Nick McLeland because it may hurt his chances of winning the case?

This is such a dangerous precedent to set if he wins this.

IMO MOO
I would assume to the judge. Keeps the distractions to the minimum.
Confusing a jury is not the job of defense. Presenting substantiated doubt is.
IMO this defense has a history of dragging everything and the kitchen sink to confuse the issue at hand.
If it’s relevant. It’s in. I question why anyone would want irrelevant evidence in?
Jmo

The same investigators who lied in the PCA?

I'd want the geofence evidence in.

IMO MOO
Oh it’s going to be in. State is just asking for relevant to be in

Those 3 dots may be victims family members searching for the girls. Irrelevant and damaging to the victims family and absolutely unnecessary.

If 3 dots are RSO’s with no known alibi then relevant.

Easy peasy. JMO

Well let's consider this. Who are the 3 dots? Let's say it's the couple under the bridge arguing and FSG. If the dots were identified and the users questioned and deemed not suspects... why introduce this to the jury?
Because the jury is the trier of fact, not the judge. Those three dots have to be proven to be who they are, which is a fact question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidblurn