Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #183

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone figure out what this means? What exactly did the State provide in November? Just evidence that pings were generated, but didn't actually provide the evidence?

1714513392877.png

You know what would have kept either side from having these issues? A hearing to determine what evidence can and can't be introduced at trial. I know, novel idea.
Fair point!
What I don't understand is why exercising the right to a speedy trial should in any way compromise the right to a fair trial. Maybe I misunderstood the OP.

You know what would have kept either side from having these issues? A hearing to determine what evidence can and can't be introduced at trial. I know, novel idea.

Right!? I hate "meetings" just as much as the next person, and always text/email instead of call. However, sometimes it's necessary to TALK instead of just sending digital communication back and forth!

We now know (maybe) how Mike Patty had access to ping information when Becky Patty said AT&T wouldn't give it to her. He must have been talking to Steve Mullen and/or Sgt. Blocher about it. Except Blocher said no pings after 5:44 and Mike said it was pinging all around town. Did Mike mean prior to 5:44 when he said that?

Also, why only pages 2 and 3? I'd want to know what was on page 1 and pages 4+.

1714514265684.png

Can anyone figure out what this means? What exactly did the State provide in November? Just evidence that pings were generated, but didn't actually provide the evidence?
I don't even want to try to unravel that mess. For starters, it appears to be saying that only 2 of the 44 pings turned over on Nov 9, 2023 were originated on Feb 13th, 2017... meaning the other 42 were other dates.

Fair point!
What I don't understand is why exercising the right to a speedy trial should in any way compromise the right to a fair trial. Maybe I misunderstood the OP.
I don't think a speedy trial request means they compromise the right to a fair trial at all. I would think a defense attorney requesting a speedy trial (I believe that means within 70 days of the request date) means the defense is READY for trial. The judge isn't there to interprte weather they are or are not ready, she just set the date for the trial which she allotted 3 weeks for. She notes that she doesn't know what the defense is going to be or how long they will need. I think if the defense needed more time they would have said that at some point after the trial dates were set and 3 weeks was allotted for it. If they see that they need more time than that, why would they not say something right away or even a week or so after that? The judge can't read their minds and they haven't said anything so she is letting both sides know that this is the time we have so have witnesses ready, no games with needing a witness to come next week because they can't get there and so on.

I've watched trials where days were cut short due to witness scheduling issues from both sides. This jury is sequestered so there is no cutting short on days and dragging the trial out. This is their notice that isn't going to happen. That is what I took from the letter. I think maybe she expected someone to have a concern with the time frame and because nobody did she wrote t

I don't even want to try to unravel that mess. For starters, it appears to be saying that only 2 of the 44 pings turned over on Nov 9, 2023 were originated on Feb 13th, 2017... meaning the other 42 were other dates.

Hmmm. I hadn't considered that. Or maybe earlier in the day? Like that morning?

I need help on the pings.
A phone will ping when it gets close to a new tower, when you change the connection status and when it needs to establish a connection (such as for a phone call). Source
Wouldn't the tower have registered a ping every time someone called and it bounced off that tower to ring Libby's phone? Same with incoming texts.
IOW, Is it possible we're looking at people calling/looking for them. :(
I also remember in an interview that fairly early on in the search Libby’s parents stated that the first few phone calls from DG rang through and then they all began going straight to voicemail, which was something that made them go from worried to very worried

Add to that the convo between Mullin and Blocher only lasted from 9 pm to 1 am; so there were pings before and after that the D weren't aware of.

Add to that the convo between Mullin and Blocher only lasted from 9 pm to 1 am; so there were pings before and after that the D weren't aware of.
Maybe NIck is playing games, maybe it's just a 26 TB mountain of evidence that took 7 years to compile and would likely take 70 years to completely digest. Dare I ask who Mullin and Blocher are? :oops:

Thanks!
So it was Libby's shoe. Ah, but that says under the shoe, not inside. Maybe it fell out.
Gah
Yes I guess I misinterpreted and can't edit! So under the shoe.
Everything in any of the Franks motions I consider speculation or information highly twisted to forward their narrative.
That’s my opinion after all these months. The defense has earned my distain.
Agreed. Furthermore I think any court of appeals will uphold the Judges ruling. So they can appeal away.

I'm no phone expert but I know this: a battery dying doesn't cause a phone to ping.

Phones are constantly communicating with towers. All those apps.

The point of the ping is to find where a phone was LAST at.

In the case of a dead battery, it's the ping right before it died. It would have continued to ping for as long as it had juice!

IMO the Defense is exaggerating the significance of these pings, implying movement and agency (that someone was actively interacting with the phone).

IMO there will be CAST data at trial, geolocation or somesuch showing that the phone didn't move, that no human interfaced with it and that changes to the phone occurred in tandem with verifiable activity on other phones. Sent messages and outgoing calls corresponding to unread messages and unanswered phone calls.

Her phone may have bounced off towers because of the nature of the activity. Verizon and AT&T utilize their own towers. A lot of technical stuff I follow better when experts explain it!

If this doesn't get shut down outside of the trial, it'll be exposed post haste within it.

JMO
Pings are not only used to find out where a phone last was.

Many cases rely on a suspects phones ping and movement as the main contention of their case. The defense also does the same.

You need look no further than the BK Idaho murders to see this in effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member