Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #183

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I hear what you're saying, but make it all make sense! JG is NOT communicating anymore via email, hasn't held hearings, issues summary judgements without written decisions... this is crazy! If she cannot work with both the State and the Defense amicably, then she needs to go.

Well, it looks like she will be holding hearings the week before Memorial Day, so that's a start I guess. Better than what's happened so far, so maybe there's hope for her.

IMO MOO

I disagree and this D insulting the judge, in the courtroom, in the hopes of initiating something is going to backfire on them, at some point. JMO

If he really said it the way it's being reported, I agree it was rude and he shouldn't have said it the way he did. He could have made his (valid) point with more professional language. I do agree with him, but he shouldn't have lashed out.

Will it backfire? I doubt it. She'll probably just continue on with her same level of bias and disdain for the defense team.

So maybe he figured, "what do I have to lose?"

IMO MOO

Last edited:
Ok, I hear what you're saying, but make it all make sense! JG is NOT communicating anymore via email, hasn't held hearings, issues summary judgements without written decisions... this is crazy! If she cannot work with both the State and the Defense amicably, then she needs to go.
Oh yeah I don't know anything about what should or shouldn't be happening at this point before a trial or if it's normal for judges to not have hearings and so on. I just think that decision specifically to set a time limit makes sense to me with a sequestered jury. I recently watched something about OJ's trial and it was like months and months and those poor jurors... There has to be some method to that madness if a jury is going to be held. I can see how some trial just get out of hand and drag on and I think if a jury was sequestered here and that happened, then there is risk of something going wrong and jurors needing to leave or appeals because they were held so long they didn't deliberate or something like that.

I am curious what is typical in a trial. I've seen it mentioned here that it's not uncommon for things to get addressed as a trial goes along vs before, but if there is a time limit then it does seem better to do it before. I also think some of the media circus in this case has made the judge more reserved.. maybe she's trying to help by not hashing so much out ahead of time? I do wonder how all this info would/could taint a jury pool. Again I just don't know what is a normal amount of hearings or rulings ahead of time especially in a high profile case like this.

Oh yeah I don't know anything about what should or shouldn't be happening at this point before a trial or if it's normal for judges to not have hearings and so on. I just think that decision specifically to set a time limit makes sense to me with a sequestered jury. I recently watched something about OJ's trial and it was like months and months and those poor jurors... There has to be some method to that madness if a jury is going to be held. I can see how some trial just get out of hand and drag on and I think if a jury was sequestered here and that happened, then there is risk of something going wrong and jurors needing to leave or appeals because they were held so long they didn't deliberate or something like that.

I am curious what is typical in a trial. I've seen it mentioned here that it's not uncommon for things to get addressed as a trial goes along vs before, but if there is a time limit then it does seem better to do it before. I also think some of the media circus in this case has made the judge more reserved.. maybe she's trying to help by not hashing so much out ahead of time? I do wonder how all this info would/could taint a jury pool. Again I just don't know what is a normal amount of hearings or rulings ahead of time especially in a high profile case like this.

I agree, the sequestration order is a good reason to set a limit. For so many reasons. I can't even recall watching a trial in recent years where the jury was sequestered. This one probably wouldn't be either if they were local and not from another county.

If he really said it the way it's being reported, I agree it was rude and he shouldn't have said it the way he did. He could have made his (valid) point with more professional language. I do agree with him, but he shouldn't have lashed out.

Will it backfire? I doubt it. She'll probably just continue on with her same level of bias disdain for the defense team.

So maybe he figured, "what do I have to lose?"

IMO MOO
Since the judge was cleared of any and all bias by the SCOIN, they have no grounds to show such disdain for her in the courtroom, MO. It's unprofessional, unsightly and childish. AJMO

How do we know how the judge is or isn't communicating by email? Judges don't hold hearings for everything, some judgements are clear cut. She has scheduled hearings before and had one today.

Last edited:
And less than a hot minute for BR to insult the judge in her courtroom, it seems.I think that will be their crusade now for the next 5 months, to get JG off the case. AJMO

She insulted first by stating if they couldn't try the case within her time frame there is something wrong (with them).

No, it's because the attorneys in Allen Co. stink at their job and she's never been a defense attorney.

No one, and I mean no one should put a time limit on a first degree felony trial. She did the same thing as she did last fall, bullied them into another Hobson's choice. No way she couldn't move things around on her calender and inform the prospective jurors they will be needed longer, she just didn't want to. I've kept my mouth shut long enough but I'm tired of her. She's a bully, always has been and always will be. Someone is finally standing up to her.

JMO

No. Just reversed her erroneous, <modsnip> decision. A sanction would have been easier to swallow, I'm sure.

IMO MOO

<modsnip - quoted post was snipped>. Majority of the Court did decide to reinstate Allen's attorneys. As for removing Judge Gull it was unanimous to keep the Judge.

The decision to keep Judge Frances Gull was unanimous, but the court was split on whether or not to reinstate Allen’s original attorneys.

In the explanation on why to keep Gull on the case, which was unanimous amongst the justices, they argued nothing in the judge’s decision to disqualify Allen’s original attorneys shows bias or prejudice against Allen. They said it appeared to them that she was “trying to protect Allen’s right to effective assistance of counsel.” Additionally, the justices found Allen did not point to “anything suggesting the special judge is biased against Baldwin and Rozzi.”

The justices further explained by saying, “Though she [Gull] mistakenly hit defense counsel’s eject button instead of the case’s lockdown button, she was right to try to get the situation under control quickly and decisively. Her efforts did not reflect any bias or prejudice...”

Last edited by a moderator:
The defense is not SUPPOSED to care about the family of the victims. Their only concern is for RA. Period. No matter what they may feel personally or how they care about the kids or their loved ones, they have one job. One person to worry about. And it’s RA.

I can't imagine a world in which a jury would be moved by defense attorneys that display no empathy

JMO, if those attorneys show blatant disregard for the girls and their families, watch how quickly their case goes down in flames.

It is vital that you can show a jury that you are a feeling and true human.

Being empathetic is key to anyone that is looking for a modicum of sincerity.

Change my mind.

JMO

She insulted first by stating if they couldn't try the case within her time frame there is something wrong (with them).

No, it's because the attorneys in Allen Co. stink at their job and she's never been a defense attorney.

No one, and I mean no one should put a time limit on a first degree felony trial. She did the same thing as she did last fall, bullied them into another Hobson's choice. No way she couldn't move things around on her calender and inform the prospective jurors they will be needed longer, she just didn't want to. I've kept my mouth shut long enough but I'm tired of her. She's a bully, always has been and always will be. Someone is finally standing up to her.

JMO
You and I certainly disagree, respectfully.

This has been discussed before, I forget the exact explanation but CSAM is only CSAM when the person holding it or distributing it would be doing it for sexual gratification, which is very strange as it would seem impossible to tell either way.

Also, the images are horrible and should not be in the public domain but to my knowledge the girls privates are covered up in the photos with circles for the defense and squares for the prosecutions discovery, this was something discussed in MW case.
I believe the circles vs squares talk were photos used by the D while deposing LE investigators?

I get it. Just hope someone let the families know in advance there is a possibility for the delay. No way do I believe the D was ready when they asked for a speedy trial. No way. Wait 6 days before trial to realize this? In fact I am more convinced than ever RA is guilty. IMO the D's only defense is to get any evidence thrown out. This strongly tells me the prosecutor has strong evidence. And the d knows it. I now speculate RA pleads guilty on Oct 13th. Did they not know they would not be ready when they begged for the expert witness money?

My heart aches for the families very much today. Six days prior to trial. Nothing but games IMO.
In light of more coming out, and it's from Wabash now to be sealed, it sounds to me like RA may be continuing to confess.

This second look occurred after a source said investigators pushed Prosecutor McLeland to consider filing murder charges against a Miami County man who was convicted of child *advertiser censored* and exploitation charges after it was discovered he was in communication with Libby German the night before her death.

Kegan Kline is currently serving a 40-year prison sentence for crimes unrelated to the Delphi case.”

This is interesting I’m curious what their source is. Source

Every day, lawyers vigorously defend their clients for a number of charges. They do this in a professional manner showing respect for everyone while still effectively arguing for their client. They even show respect for the victim’s family. They don’t scheme to try the case in public. They don’t scream at the judge like a toddler and they don’t continuously try to have her removed because they don’t like what she says or how she rules.
I have zero respect for them.

I disagree and this D insulting the judge, in the courtroom, in the hopes of initiating something is going to backfire on them, at some point. JMO
I do agree that Rozzi's remarks to the judge today were out of line - and I did feel he may have been trying to provoke her. I also noted that the man has a point. She hasn't held hearings and when she does, they are useless time wasters where NOTHING gets accomplished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weary