Active Search for Evidence taking Place Around Portugese Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the people that I know who have said the parents couldn't possibly have been involved have said to me that it's because they don't believe that a parent could do such a thing to a child .. but the statistic (in England and Wales) of one child being killed every 10 days at the hand of a parent, tells me that it isn't outside the realms of possibility (regardless of whether it was intentional or 'accidental' )

yes you are right, plus as they always say... it's always the closest person to you. with her being searched for in such a close proximity to where she went missing and with a travel restriction on the parents to not travel to portugal (or is it a nice way of saying dont leave the country) it all looks fairly sure to point one way... still, i hope it doesn't.

English Police say that Maddie McCann assassins are Portuguese and are involved in drug trafficking

by Tânia Laranjo/Rui Pando Gomes

They are Portuguese and have a criminal record for drug trafficking. The English police states that they assaulted the apartment at the Ocean Club resort, in Lagos, and killed Madeleine McCann on 3 May 2007.

The phone calls made before and after the crime were used as evidence to support the searches that have been ongoing since Monday.

Scotland Yard also ensures that there is a British witness who saw one of the men carrying a child in his arms up to the wasteland, situated less than 500 meters from the resort. The British say that he fled, but before he was able to bury the girl's cadaver.

They want to hear the three suspects, but they still lack the evidence to support the claim.

“Those who are going to commit a robbery do not travel on foot and they will not abandon a body so close to the crime scene. Moreover, there were no signs of forced entry at the apartment”, said Gonçalo Amaral, the former PJ inspector who investigated the case and considers that this new theory is not credible.

This version is, incidentally, one among others contained in the letter rogatory which determined that the searches would take place. Though it is the strongest, the British open the door to other possibilities. Other five suspects are listed, they also have a criminal record for theft.

Seven years after the disappearance, the British police now guarantees to the Public Prosecutor's Office that their claim was well founded. The description given by a British holidaymaker coincides with one of the suspects who lives nearby. The woman saw him speaking in English on the phone, as he passed, carrying the child in his arms.

in Correio da Manhã, June 6, 2014

*translated by joana-morais website

Also the administrator on the of fb page clarified later saying the McCann's are not in Portugal because the 'MET did not ask them to go'.......a twist on yesterdays words that they were 'asked not to go'

I overslept so these tweets are a few hours old today. :)

Alex Littlewood ‏@westnewsprod 2h
Dog teams searching SW corner of the site in central Praia da Luz. This is other side from focus last 3 days. #mccann

Tony Stewart ‏@TellyTone 3h
Police now searching higher up the Mound, also digging at side of perimeter road. #praiadaluz #mccann pic.twitter.com/TvMCTcPwlC

The Guardian had a few interesting details:

A team of Scotland Yard officers arrived in the Portuguese holiday resort Praia da Luz shortly before 10am on Friday as the search of the 15-acre area prepared to draw to a close.

Officers are expected to spend another two days searching this dense area of scrubland before expanding the operation to two further sites next week.

. . . At one of the sites police officers took away bags of evidence containing "non-organic" material, including an item of clothing that was later said to have been identified as a man's sock.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jun/06/madeleine-mccann-detectives-search-praia-da-luz

(Sorry for all the edits - I need more coffee)

Yep. A Portuguese drug trafficker on a phone speaking English. Guess he needed to call someone of a different nationality to let him/her know he had just killed and buried - correction: was on his way to bury @ the time of the call - a 4 year old child who was on holiday w/her parents. Perhaps he wanted to let the non-Portugese/Spanish fellow drug trafficker on the line know that he would be late delivering product because of this unexpected occurrence. Come on, folks...

Most of the people that I know who have said the parents couldn't possibly have been involved have said to me that it's because they don't believe that a parent could do such a thing to a child .. but the statistic (in England and Wales) of one child being killed every 10 days at the hand of a parent, tells me that it isn't outside the realms of possibility (regardless of whether it was intentional or 'accidental' )

I am sadly all to aware tht parents can and do harm their children, although I tend to think if they are responsible in this case it was likely an accident of some kind that they covered up and not a deliberate killing.

However, unlike the Ramsey and Darlie Routier cases where I am 150% there was no intruder, I am not there on this case.

I think there was most likely not an intruder, but I hold out a tiny percentage of possibility that there was. Which I guess means if I were on the jury I could not convict, even though I think it likely they are responsible.

Either way, I think this search will prove completely fruitless, but if SY does, in fact, have some type of tip then they really have no choice but to follow up.

If, OTOH, there is no specific tip and this search is just another chapter in "The Keystone Cops, starring Scotland Yard" then shame on them.

On vacation, in a foreign country?? how often does that happen? What are the statistics for that?

I think there are a bunch of possibilities but none lead me back to the McCanns.
What if MAdeleine walked out of the room and got lost and ran into people that took her?
That close that certainly seems possible to me. No plan at all. The kid was there and in the way and they were seen and that is that.

Yep. A Portuguese drug trafficker on a phone speaking English. Guess he needed to call someone of a different nationality to let him/her know he had just killed and buried - correction: was on his way to bury @ the time of the call - a 4 year old child who was on holiday w/her parents. Perhaps he wanted to let the non-Portugese/Spanish fellow drug trafficker on the line know that he would be late delivering product because of this unexpected occurrence. Come on, folks...

Strolling around with the child talking loudly in English, seen entering wasteland with child, seen fleeing without...
Why has it taken 7years? :laugh:

It is natural to insert your own moral/ethical compass when making an observation of others' behaviors. Of course, a set of respectable, professionals Brits would not kill their child because I am one of a pair of respectable, professional Brits, and I would never, ever do such a thing. But, objectivity requires that the circumstances be analyzed based upon the facts of the case, independent of any skewed perspective. Unfortunately, some folks are incapable of that.

I'm interested in the topic of this thread which is the new search going on in Portugal and not if some people use their emotions rather than facts to come to their beliefs.

I sure hope that this search is successful.

I almost always suspect the parents. The statistics on it being someone closest to the victim are inarguable. In many. many cases here on websleuths I have been suspicious of the parents. Sometimes I'm in the minority or the case is highly polarized and others vehemently defend the parents. What I'm trying to say is those of us who in this particular case have reasonable doubt that it is the parents are not forming their opinions out of ignorance of the statistics.

I don't see time for disposing the body or reasonable motive (it doesn't feel reasonable to me). I see too many other possible scenarios with the break-ins and pedophiles in the area. I also put a lot of faith in the British authorities and they're putting out other theories. I've heard the many well-thought out arguments about the parents and I just haven't been convinced. I also don't get that feeling that I usually get when I suspect the parents. It has nothing to do with class or wealth--that would normally present a bias against them for me--but in spite of that bias I might have, I still don't think they are likely suspects. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they were, however, because the statistics would make that unsurprising.

I'm interested in the topic of this thread which is the new search going on in Portugal and not if some people use their emotions rather than facts to come to their beliefs.

I sure hope that this search is successful.

I sure hope so too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...z-prime-suspects-search-enters-fifth-day.html

Scotland Yard detectives searching for Madeleine McCann in Portugal have been granted permission to question their prime suspects, it has emerged.

Police identified eight local men earlier this year who they believe could hold the key to solving the mystery of Madeleine’s disappearance.

The suspects, three of whom are convicted drug dealers, were traced from phone records linking them to Praia da Luz on the night Madeleine was last seen alive.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ts-search-enters-fifth-day.html#ixzz33soNtRU7
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

It is natural to insert your own moral/ethical compass when making an observation of others' behaviors. Of course, a set of respectable, professionals Brits would not kill their child because I am one of a pair of respectable, professional Brits, and I would never, ever do such a thing. But, objectivity requires that the circumstances be analyzed based upon the facts of the case, independent of any skewed perspective. Unfortunately, some folks are incapable of that.

It has nothing to do with them being respectable or british. It has to do with did they commit this crime and there is no evidence they did. There is supposition and inference but no evidence.

Objectivity requires that people look at the facts.

thats right blame drug dealers and such...when it's as plain as day to most of us.....this is a witch hunt. After the fact attempting to make things fit to their lack of facts and truth. This is not how investigations are ran. I'm 100% there was no break in and that it was infanticide...by the mother. JMO

thats right blame drug dealers and such...when it's as plain as day to most of us.....this is a witch hunt. After the fact attempting to make things fit to their lack of facts and truth. This is not how investigations are ran. I'm 100% there was no break in and that it was infanticide...by the mother. JMO

God forbid we blame drug dealers. ;)

I don't particularly care about what others wish to speak, as my comment was aimed at the poster to which I was responding. And, it related specifically to water cooler talk in the UK.

Listen, none of us were there, and it is very humane to give these parents the benefit of the doubt. But, unfortunately, these stories in the British press are bordering upon the absurd.

:blushing:
I don't particularly care about what others wish to speak, as my comment was aimed at the poster to which I was responding. And, it related specifically to water cooler talk in the UK.

Listen, none of us were there, and it is very humane to give these parents the benefit of the doubt. But, unfortunately, these stories in the British press are bordering upon the absurd.

It is, Ive done it so much, but there comes a point when enough is enough and your first instincts were right!!

As was the availble evidence, the dog alerts, statement contradictions and several changes, the media onslaught, lawyering up, non transparent private limited company (not charity) fund, the lies in the book by the mother,continued asking for donations to this very day, destroying the policemans life who was in the case at the time,..oh I cant be bothered to list the 101 reasons why I do NOT believe this was an abduction, have a nice weekend all, let justice prevail

Thank you Jay. Agreed, we need to looks at the stats. I'm still on the fence, but I truly enjoying reading other's opinions. That's what makes WS unique. :)

I believe we have officially crossed the border.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti