Aggravated waiting for the aggravation phase #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this has been discussed, but does the filing of discovery regarding the victim impact statements indicate that the defense intends to REBUT the information in the victim impact statements?

I would think the only thing they could rebut are facts of the victim that have been proven in a court of law. Namely, nothing, other than she killed him.

Anyone?

The only reason I can think of for this motion: just to be jerks.

It's crazy but think about it. All she can spend it on is Ramen and Swiss Miss. No matter how much is in her account, she's still eating 15 cent cup o'soups.

....while applying Anti Fungal cream.....and eating Sausage Chubs....

No, her boobies looked great enough for me to remark on them. :blushing: They had natural looking movement, if you know what I mean. I could see why she was so proud.

She said she flew out to CA to get it done by some fancy schmancy plastic surgeon and that the cost was around $15,000.

Jesus God. I'd just buy a padded bra and draw on headlights.

So you are saying that she lived somewhere other than California when she had that done? Could you elaborate? Because I figure the only idiot, sorry, boyfriend who could/would spring for that would be Brewer and he was already in California. Are you saying Travis paid for new *advertiser censored*?

Oh, well, my time to waste, I guess. Actually, I have to admit I went there to gloat, if only internally. Then I got kind of fascinated by the whole dynamic.

LOTS of believers in conspiracy theories. LOTS of support for Casey Anthony and Amanda Knox. LOTS of them have received death threats because of their support for JA. I think a psychology grad student could have a field day.

ETA: Yes, they still support her. They are trying to interest Project Innocence. They are also trying to figure out how to donate to her cause without funds falling into the hands of the money-grubbing Alexanders.

Are some of them still holding fast to the Ninja story being true & JA is protecting the "Ninjas"?

I'm a college professor. Forgive me, I can't afford a Cobra. :hiding:

Dated a truck driver that had a Saleen Mustang.....can't stand them. My last Mustang was a 67 fastback.Wish I'd kept it but traded up to something faster...a 69 Chevelle SS 396. Course, gas was cheap then.

Dated a truck driver that had a Saleen Mustang.....can't stand them. My last Mustang was a 67 fastback.Wish I'd kept it but traded up to something faster...a 69 Chevelle SS 396. Course, gas was cheap then.

I have some very good memories of a 67 Mustang...forest green, stick shift.... and that's ALL I'm sayin' bout that :)

It's crazy but think about it. All she can spend it on is Ramen and Swiss Miss. No matter how much is in her account, she's still eating 15 cent cup o'soups.

Just occurred to me....how does a person heat water in jail? I can't imagine eating those noodles or drinking the Swiss Miss with cold or just warm water...Ick.

I don't think so, a victim statement read live, in person would be a great deal more powerful than some pre recording. I don't know what their legal basis is for filing it but their intent is obviously to minimize the victims' impact as the jury goes into DP deliberations.

Just occurred to me....how does a person heat water in jail? I can't imagine eating those noodles or drinking the Swiss Miss with cold or just warm water...Ick.

Good question, there is surely some mechanism in a common area, be it hot plate or microwave. Probably depends on the jail.

I forgot which of her misrepresentations actually rose to the level of flat-out lie. Can someone remind me?

Tks

When the jury was questioning her, one of the astute questions was something like "How many men have you testified for during your 30 years in the DV field?" (paraphrasing)

ALV said, "Two" and took forever and three days using all ten fingers just to say "two." :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And of course Juan was all over her like white on rice. He trapped her in a corner and was forced to admit the true number was 0.

Turns out she had only written a report on one. She never testified for either of those men. (Maybe she testified AGAINST them, lol)

Another lie he caught her in was on her CV. She listed herself as having been the keynote speaker at a couple of conferences/seminars which is a major deal. It's the reason people buy tickets and attend.

Turns out she was a "break out" group speaker, meaning she probably talked to 3 women in the ladies room during lunch.

BKLaISoCMAI-cOD.gif:small

EGCollins EGCollins 44s
#jodiarias First photo of Jodi after being returned to Estrella jail. Some things never change.

hahahahaha think we are stupid????? no jail house stripes....photoshopped

ITA

And who would be deluded enough to think that the jury would react positively (a.k.a. LWOP instead of DP) to seeing the defense cross-examine the witness during their victim impact statements?! If there were any doubters as to the justice of the DP, that would make it a slam dunk for them, imho.

Okay, wise Sleuthers... the VIS's are made before the jury decides? I'm not up on this stuff...in some cases I read that those statements are made to the Judge before he/she decides on the sentence....what is the process in AZ? I also read a copy of a sheet that was giving victims suggestions on what to include in the statements. On it, it stated that it would be made to the Judge. Help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti