aggravation phase #8 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching part 2 of aggravation phase, and if she shakes her head, NO, one more time...

Juan says she was in a superior position when she was killing Travis, and she shakes her head, no. We have the photos to prove it. Then, she shakes her head when Juan talks about Travis being chased down and having his throat slit. It's OBVIOUS. He was trying to escape down the hallway, and she followed him and slit his throat!

NO remorse. None. Zip. Zero. She is so malignantly narcissistic she insists it is herself who must be viewed as the victim here!

Lord, she truly deserves the death penalty. What an utterly repulsive beast of a human being...gawd!

I had to work so naturally I am behind...I thought once the jurors voted for the aggravated finding that meant she would get the death sentence....I assume I was wrong,lol....can anyone enlighten me as to what is next? Thanks in advance!

Hi Nana! :seeya:

This was the aggravation phase. The jury had to decide if the murder was "especially cruel", more so than any other murder. It was found "proven", meaning all 12 agreed and now we go to the mitigation phase starting tomorrow where it will be decided by the same jurors if she gets LWOP or DP.

I'm sure this is old news, but earlier I heard the TH's speaking about the possibility of JA addressing the jury, standing in front of them, just as the attorneys do when they are presenting their case. First off, I can't even imagine that in my mind....Second of all...does anyone really think after seeing how icy she was today that it would be a good idea? She drew an evil bead on several people today. The JA we saw today is NOT the JA she has been presenting so far. Today she was ICE COLD. I wouldn't want her that close to the jury box for safety reasons. I can see her jumping the box and going after the jurors. Someone else posted here that she is now looking more and more like the cover of that magazine and I agree 100%.We are seeing her disintegration. I just don't want to jurors or anyone else to get hurt. I am not joking about this. She isn't going to go down quietly. She had a face on today that sent chills down my spine. Look at her as they were polling the jury... They could let her stand and address the jury from the lectern, if she's shackled to two deputies with stun guns...

Question for individuals still here .

What trial will you be following next? I will not be following Trayvon but I will be following the Andrea Sneiderman case in Atlanta

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I'm taking off the summer...I need to relax and recoup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What trial will you be following next? I will not be following Trayvon but I will be following the Andrea Sneiderman case in Atlanta

I think I will take a break...my garden is calling me and my nerves are frail

No way will Jodi pass up an opportunity to speak in front of a camera! She will make a statement tomorrow and it won't include an apology or a speck of remorse.

Mark my words...

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. She was abused BY Travis because he was a pedophile priest or variant and her team couldn't tell the jury everything in the trial but here's some extras for you.
2. She's trying to dedicate her life to helping other victims of DV, and ladies document everything just in case you have to kill your man.
3. She's a Christian, and God is her ultimate judge.
4. Thou Shalt Not Kill .. and that means YOU Jurors.
5. Her mother is a saint, read she is a good daughter and wants to repair that relationship blah blah blah
6. She's caused people so much pain, meaning her own self, but she'll make it sound like she has remorse, but wont actually say it.
7. She wants to die anyway, that's why she put on an aggravation defence and this here mitigation.
8. She sings don't you know.

Just my guess ...

Goodnight everybody and thank you all for your insightful posts and for catching me up, today. I'm working tomorrow for a couple of hours at the exact same time court starts. Hope to join you afterwards :)

I'll be following AS also. Hoping to get to court a time or two.

Same here !

I dont believe so, im on a facebook group that follows this trial and they have the pics...completely horrible,im hoping for fog to take over and wipe my memory clean

I am with you Tinka. I saw it once, I NEVER want to see it again.
I think because I knew so much about him before I saw that picture.
As opposed to knowing about the crime then learning about the victim, as usually is the case with me.
I said the other day, even googling is hazardous, that can pop up in results really easily. Even innocent googling, not asking for any "crime" photos.

Info please........ was today's statement that Travis was facing up, as him being on his back, when she slit his throat ... new information? I had not heard it before and the DT did not object, so maybe I missed it earlier. TIA

I am a Victim's Advocate. I work for a local Police Department. I am an actual victim of Domestic Violence, twice actually, by two different people. I am quite clear on the definition of a Victim.

I just also believe that this situation deserves Reverence, and there is nothing wrong with that. Many people have been victimized and traumatized by what happened. I'm sorry that I had a different feeling besides celebration.

ITA. NOTHING about this trial deserves "celebration."

Throughout, I’ve tried to put myself in various mind sets: TA’s, JA’s, TA’s family/friends, JA’s family. At times, I even find sympathy for JA, given TA’s actions (and those of his close-knit circle of friends). Yes, I know. Not a popular opinion, but it’s my opinion. Worth TA’s death? NOT. DOUBLE NOT. However …

ALL involved exhibited, at times, immature behavior: JA’s stalking/obsessiveness … TA and friends driving off as JA ‘runs’ after them … Friends delivering a “don’t see her again” message to TA while JA is a guest in their home … Digging in JA’s backpack (without asking for her permission) to ‘lighten her load’ before a hike.

Okay? Let’s say you’re JA (shudder) … but try it on for size. You have NO ego, except that which others confer. You have no money, no status, and no power, except by way of those with whom you associate. Your SINGLE power resides in your SELF-image: socially, a soft-spoken, artistic “spiritual and soulful” being; privately, a “sex-kitten” and a “tiger” in bed. That’s it. That’s all ya got.

Now, you ( JA) try to find a new ego, as a Mormon; as TA’s “future wife.” He dumps you. You move to Mesa, chase TA. And the under-30 ward in Mesa essentially ‘shuns’ you.

She became a “moth against the flame.” Then, instead of flying away, she ruthlessly extinguished the light that was Travis.

… I’m not excusing her ability to commit this brutal, bloody murder. THAT part of her, NO one can forgive.

Just sayin’, maybe religiously-bound societies of young people need more guidance by elders … no matter the religion … if – for no other reason – they need to protect their inexperienced young people from “mentally whacked” people. And those same young people need to know the difference between being a “clique” and a “welcoming” spiritual wellspring.

‘Cuz … there is no question in my mind that JA – armed with her knives, 9 mm, and vengeance – was ready to kill the Hughes; Deanna; and any others in that social group who “wronged” her.

This is a time for reflection. And, yes, reverence. Not celebration.

Our justice system works. Is this a time for "dancing in the streets?" I'm sickened by that thought.

Does the prison cut the women's hair short if they are on death row or in LWOP?

Info please........ was today's statement that Travis was facing up, as him being on his back, when she slit his throat ... new information? I had not heard it before and the DT did not object, so maybe I missed it earlier. TIA

To me it was new

I always thought he was face down

The redheaded woman on Dr. Drew is aggravating! "Jodi is a human, just can't kill her"! So, what Jodi did to Travis is OK?

I hate how that jenny chick interrupts guests all the time.

Question, do you think that Jodi is crazy, just plain evil, or both?
I personally think both. Perhaps maniac depressive?
There would be clear cut evidence though if she was manic. I apologize in advance, if this has already been discussed. Also, if it has, I would very much like to see the thread. Can anyone point me to the discussion if it has been?
Thank You,

Question, do you think that Jodi is crazy, just plain evil, or both?
I personally think both. Perhaps maniac depressive?
There would be clear cut evidence though if she was manic. I apologize in advance, if this has already been discussed. Also, if it has, I would very much like to see the thread. Can anyone point me to the discussion if it has been?
Thank You,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member