aggravation phase #8 - VERDICT - Extreme Cruelty PROVEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the picture could have easily been explained that she used a sheet to turn his body over before dragging him. IMHO :twocents:

:dunno: not a lot of time to fit a sheet into the scenario based on the timing of the photos.
Then again the cut seems like it would be easier face down.
Glad I will never need to find out for myself!
Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Back from commercial with juror 8

Doesn't know if she has mental illness.

Says he believed some of what Jodi said, but believed nothing she said regarding the murder

Feels horrible that Travis was dragged through the mud. Does not believe pedophilia stories for a second

Upset him to see Jodi doodling and drawing pictures, shows no remorse

Feels awful for Travis family and feels like he let them down by getting removed

Dr drew said he did a great job

End of interview

It ended but not before Dr Drew try to dig into why did you feel you let them down! He was trying to fish for the DUI information! #8 did not bite and moved on.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

As I recall there was only one full pan of the entire family side. I think it was done out of respect.

I think I understand what you mean. I just wouldn't call it respect, I'd call it a refusal to lower ourselves to the level of a bloodthirsty mob wanting to impale a head on stick.

Reference material for the social-media-minded Sleuther:

"Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!"

Rules & Etiquette Thread

I think if she chooses that factor, she will alienate a Juror who may have had any undecided sympathy for her. She needs to find something other than religion, Travis's abuse, or being a pedophile.

She's got nuthin'.

There is a gorgeous rainbow outside right now. It is beautiful, but makes me sad thinking about Travis' unlucky rainbow. I don't know if I'll ever look at a rainbow the same again.

I think they're lifting those off the page that's for supporting Jodi's friends and family, and I think they should just leave the aunt alone really .. they've been putting up her posts all day, and really, there's actual news for people to discuss and it's wrong IMO .. the Aunt, the mother, they are victims too.

The Aunt needs to show some respect for her sister, herself, and the Alexander family by shutting up! I read some of the things she has been spewing on Facebook. It's not right. If she doesn't want them to be viewed and reported on, she shouldn't put them in a public place. Once you start sharing your carp on any website anywhere on the Internet, whether it be your own FB or not, it's up for speculation and conversation, especially since this is a murder trial, and her niece is the convicted killer.

JMO

There were quite a lot of shots of the family earlier. My complaint was the lack of exhibit shots...

I sure hope we see her shackled, tossing her hair everywhere...

In my dreams, her hair is cut off in order to control lice. So she can bleach and flip her eyebrows.

HAHAHAHA!

I hope she keeps shaking her head "No" and rolls her eyes and that the jury SEES it. I don't know how much they can see of her all the way across that large courtroom.

She's still trying to convince people that Travis abused her, so whenever they talk about what a wonderful person he was and how he was NOT a pedophile by ANY stretch of the imagination (if they are allowed to mention it), nor did he ever abuse a woman THAT is when JA will vigorously use body language to indicate how deluded his family is and how, sadly, SHE is the ONLY person who knew the REAL Travis.

It infuriates me when she does that. I'm sick of her insistence on defining Travis. She's not going to get away with it.

Beautifully stated. Just Beautiful . . .

(((((Soulsad))):seeya:

Hi Friends!

I really think that this trial has highlighted the best and worst of the human character.
I have watched the strength of the Alexander family as they have attended every day of this painful trial, and by painful I don't just mean hearing what happened to their brother but also having to see Jodi's show - the crocodile tears, the smirks, the lies, the absolute lack of remorse. I have seen the entire prosecution team fight with passion for the family and to be the voice of Travis himself.

I have heard of the jury sitting in the box, taking their responsibilities so very seriously, knowing that a person's life has been taken and that the taker of that life has her own life on the line. Their commitment to this trial and their duties are evident in the amount of time they took to find her guilty of M1 and to find that the state proved the excessive cruelty. They are our heroes, as well.

I have also seen the disgusting lengths that "this individual" will go to in order to place all blame at everyone's feet but her own. But I have also seen lawyers who stretch the truth, tell outright lies and turn a phrase so that it seems to mean something it is not. I have watched witnesses lie and who are so biased that it is impossible to believe anything in their testimony. And I have seen Americans disgusted by this.

So I have seen the best and worst.....and could give you so many more examples of both.

My hats are off to our heroes who have fought and are fighting the fight on behalf of Travis and his family. And to the heroes on this site, who have loved and supported Travis and his family.

As a society, it is wonderful that we are rallying for justice and for a precious life that was taken. I have to ask myself......wouldn't it be wonderful to rally all the time for truth, truth in our justice system, our political system and in how we treat each other. This trial has made me think of my life and how I make a difference to others.

When Jodi took Travis' life in anger and hatred and tried to spread that anger to others, I think she failed completely. In turn, we loved him more and allowed his life to teach us and look within ourselves to find the best. Jodi completely failed in what she was aiming to do. Instead of wiping him out, she made him into a shining light of humanity, love and an example of what we can all be.

JMO

I'm sure this has already been posted but haven't caught up on all the posts today yet..

Justice for Travis FB wrote that the defense will be calling Alyce Laviolette in the next phase of the trial.

edited to add...

this information however was in a very early defense motion & they surely have changed their minds since then after AL flopped in her testimony in the case in chief.

Surprised number 8 seems more critical of Samuels than of LaViolette. Hope that doesn't mean DV ws believable to him or other jurors.

I have a feeling it was bc he expected more of Samuels. He's a dr., and a practicing psychologist. IMO, from the start, it was evident LaViolette was a self-proclaimed expert, and as such would never have the potential believability that Samuels could have had. Also, LaViolette's testimony would always have a more biased slant as she only had one side of the "story."

Juror number one concerns me. Her half-hearted "yes" was the result of what could be several scenarios. Maybe she was just sad to have to come to that conclusion. Maybe she was hedging because she knew it was the prelude to the death penalty. Maybe it was the result of her fellow jurors telling her a "yes vote" was not a death sentence, that she had the ability to vote "no" during that phase, but this round was just to establish that she qualified for the death penalty. I hope I'm wrong. There were some others that didn't come across as being strong "yes" votes, but I assume it was because they were on the back row. (further away from the microphone) I guess we will know pretty soon.

Remember in school when "roll" was called? Seems like everyone had booming voices but on occasion your "HERE!" would come out all quavery? "here" ...

She could be a little nervous.. Lots of people in the room staring at them with intensity, including Mr. Juan.

Don't worry. She's got this.

:D

I liked Juror #8.

Jodi's busy bee crap irritated him, too.
He didn't buy the pedo allegations at all.
He asked at least one of the wonderfully snarky questions.

Smart guy. Smart enough to know better than to drive while snot-slinging drunk.

I'm sure this has already been posted but haven't caught up on all the posts today yet..

Justice for Travis FB wrote that the defense will be calling Alyce Laviolette in the next phase of the trial.

Well, that should go over like a lead balloon.

edited to add...

this information however was in a very early defense motion & they surely have changed their minds since then after AL flopped in her testimony in the case in chief.

Your ETA is spot on!

It ended but not before Dr Drew try to dig into why did you feel you let them down! He was trying to fish for the DUI information! #8 did not bite and moved on.

I heard Dr Drew ask him if he thinks the jury could give her the death penalty but realized he could not talk about that and moved on. Nothing about the DUI that I heard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769