CONVICTION OVERTURNED AK - Kent Leppink, 36, murdered, Hope, 2 May 1996

Is Mechele still married to her husband? Any updates to what she is doing? I haven't thought of her for so long, but then the plane crash in Alaska yesterday made me think of her.

As far as I know, they are still married...not much going on over at the Facebook page...I suppose they are just trying to move on with their lives...from Facebook comments, it sounds like some of their friends and/or family are hoping they will have another child?

Sent from my Event using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Has anyone considered that the father had something to do with it. Wasn't his father the last person known to see him alive, Kent died the day his father left, Kent also had his life insurance forms (who carries their life insurance forms on them) on him that named his father as the new beneficiary. As if all that wasn't coincidence enough, the parents get a letter from Kent that was mailed out the day the father left that said if he dies it was Michele, Carlin and/or some other named guy.

This just seems so blatantly obvious to me-am I missing something

So his father is last to see him and gains from his death financially

I admit I don't much like the fact that apparently the lead detective was shopping a book on the case before the trial. That seems kind of underhanded to me, if true.

Ps
I had no idea about her being free and that there would be no new trial until today. Was reading a book on the case so did some googling. And stopped reading, as the book was poorly-written anyway...

Court overturns murder conviction in 'Last Seduction' case because the state 'introduced a letter from the grave during the trial'

The court on Wednesday reversed the murder conviction for John Carlin III, who was convicted in 2006 of killing Kent Leppink on an isolated trail

Prosecutors had claimed he was coaxed into killing Leppink by the woman at the center of their romantic triangle, Mechele Linehan, an exotic dancer

Before his death, Leppink wrote to his parents saying that if he died under unusual circumstances, Carlin and Linehan would likely be responsible

'We conclude that it was improper for the trial court to allow the state to introduce this letter,' said the court stating it influenced the jury's verdict

Prosecutors maintained Linehan was inspired by the 1994 movie, 'The Last Seduction,' to have a man killed for money

Carlin was beaten to death in prison in 2008 shortly after he arrived at the state facility in Seward to serve a 99-year sentence

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...iction-Last-Seduction-case.html#ixzz3PZi3dKgO

Update on 48 Hours now. (Every time I hear MEchele speak it's like fingernails on a chalkboard!)

Bumping this thread up. People Investigates recently aired an episode on this case. I was shocked that Mechele's conviction was overturned! Justice was not served for Mr. Leppink IMO. Very sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back