AK, NY Israel Keyes - Who are all of his victims???

Status
Not open for further replies.
JOE-- Since Samantha's body was placed in the icy, frozen waters, I'm not so sure Keyes DNA would've survived those cold temperatures. I could be wrong

I know there's an article discussing his DNA being entered into a data base. I read it this week. I'll look for it.

http://www.king5.com/news/Israel-Ke...uicide-suspect-in-Wash-murders-181767151.html

So far, "there's no indication that he was lying," FBI spokesman Eric Gonzalez said, adding that Keyes' DNA has been put in an FBI database available for other law enforcement agencies to use in their own investigations.

I was wondering if he has a pattern of going on a nice little vacation after he kills somebody, enjoying the buzz, then going back to do whatever it is that he does with the body.

I was thinking the murders may coincide with pleasure trips because he was using the murders to fund the trips. Keyes downplayed the financial side of it but he definitely was interested in cashing in on his victims. He was caught because of his determination to ransom Sam.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/serial-killer-israel-keyes-worried-reputation/story?id=17885366

Born in Utah to Mormon parents, Keyes was home schooled and attended a Christian Identity church called The Ark in tiny Colville, Wash., which has fewer than 5,000 residents
...snip...
Keyes later described himself on his Myspace page as an atheist.
...snip....
After he left the Army, Keyes took a job working for the Makah Tribal Council in Neah Bay, Wash., until 2007. He claims he began his murders while working for the tribal council.

Keyes got around Washington while living in Neah Bay. He was an excellent runner and I think his endurance and speed helped him overpower his victims.
I also think he may have used running as a cover for scouting out his victims. Pretty sure these are his results (all list him from Neah Bay) even though there is an age discrepancy (ego?):

http://athlinks.com/RaceSearch.aspx (search Israel Keyes)

North Olympic Discovery Marathon & Half Marathon 2006

Israel Keyes WA 25 6/11 3:56:51

Sequim Run Off 10K/2 Mile

Israel Keyes WA 20 5/06 41:25

Robin Hill Run 10K/5K

Israel Keyes WA 20 4/08 45:39

Lincoln Park Run

Israel Keyes WA 20 3/11 44:42

Doesn't look like anyone was murdered during the time Keyes went on a cruise after killing Samantha. At least not on this website.

http://www.cruiseshipdeaths.com/Name_Index_By_Date.html

I was thinking more of the ports-of-call---it would be very easy to do if he was as meticulous as they say--get off the boat in the morning, find a local nobody will miss or the police won't care about and you are back on the boat by 6, sailing away from the crime scene before it is noticed maybe even. And how many of those island countries would link in DNA to CODIS (is that even possible?) so could even be a little sloppy, as it were.

This article updated with more info:
Wells pastor to preach at serial killer’s funeral
http://www.ktre.com/story/20269032/wells-pastor-to-preach-at-serial-killers-funeral

Gardner said Keyes visited again after a bank robbery. He then visited his family when they were living in Indiana. Keyes' mother and sister then relocated to Wells with the rest of the church.

Keyes visited Wells in March to attend his sister's wedding, who married one of the brothers of the Church of Wells. Gardner said Keyes heavily defended his atheism. Keyes was arrested the next day in Lufkin.

"He stayed with us for multiple days during this time, obviously this was towards the end of the line after the death of Samantha Koenig and after all of those things," Gardner said. "Even at the wedding the Lord pled with him and pled with him and in the midst of it all he wept and broke down weeping, balling, even wailing, but he would not repent."

"He said not 'everybody has morals like you' to one of the pastors in the church, 'not everybody has your morals' with an undertone of hate and murder in his heart," Gardner said.

"What Israel was doing for those 10, 14 years however long that these crimes were taking place as he was seeking to save his life, seeking to save his life as he's running from the law," Gardner said. "We are not glad Israel Keyes is in hell, we believe he is, but we are not glad at that because God sent him to this church multiple times seeking to plead with this man, even saved his own relatives, 3 of his sister and his own mother."

Is this "pastor" inferring that they knew he had committed crimes during these visits?

It's unclear, isn't ? I am guessing it's how they chose to word the article.

I was thinking the murders may coincide with pleasure trips because he was using the murders to fund the trips. Keyes downplayed the financial side of it but he definitely was interested in cashing in on his victims. He was caught because of his determination to ransom Sam.

That's a good point. He does seem to be rather defensive about the monetary side of his crimes.

You're probably right. I think we should start by looking for vics towards the beginning and ends of the date ranges LE provided.

Exclusive: Keyes buried 'murder kit' in Essex in 2009
Serial killer dug up weapons cache in 2011 and used items in Currier slayings, FBI says

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...ssex-2009?odyssey=mod|breaking|text|FRONTPAGE

The serial killer whose victims included Bill and Lorraine Currier of Essex buried a murder kit in the woods on the banks of the Winooski River in spring 2009, then dug up the cache two years later and used the weapons in the Vermont slayings.

After his arrest in March on charges related to an Alaska woman’s murder, Israel Keyes, 34, confessed to killing the Curriers and used an online map to give the FBI precise coordinates of where in Essex he hid the trove of weapons, investigators in Anchorage told the Burlington Free Press on Thursday.

Keyes, who killed himself over the weekend in an Alaska jail where he was awaiting trial on federal murder charges, had told the authorities he hid caches of weapons and supplies across the country in preparation for committing murders, and then to dispose of the evidence after his killings. Two were recovered: one in Parishville, N.Y., and another in Alaska.

The FBI and Essex police told the Free Press on Thursday that the cache recovered in Parishville, near the Blake Falls Reservoir, was the one that had been buried in Essex.

Keyes was in Vermont in April 2009, according to a timeline the FBI prepared about the serial murderer’s travels across the country. He was here to visit family in the Northeast, he told investigators, but he also robbed a bank in Tupper Lake, N.Y., and abducted and killed a person somewhere along the East Coast and dumped the body in New York, the FBI says.

The authorities say Keyes is responsible for eight murders across the country during a 14-year killing spree, and likely committed other slayings that he only hinted about to investigators.

In Essex, Keyes buried the five-gallon orange bucket filled with weapons parts, ammunition, fasteners, wires and a flashlight, among other supplies. Keyes hid the cache in a remote corner of the Woodside Natural Area, south and down a steep embankment from the intersection of Susie Wilson Road and Vermont 15.

Keyes was staying at the Handy Suites hotel just north of the intersection and the natural area. He likely found the location from signs along the heavily traveled road pointing to the nature area along the Winooski River and Essex Overlook Park on the hillside above.

Essex Police Chief Brad LaRose and Detective Lt. George Murtie, the lead investigator into the Curriers’ disappearance and death in June 2011, showed a Burlington Free Press reporter and photographer on Thursday afternoon the site where Keyes said he hid the supplies.

The location is about a mile from the nearest parking area and in a flat, wooded area along the river. The site on Thursday was muddy, marshy and strewn with debris from Tropical Storm Irene flooding in August 2011; it likely was dry and easier to access when Keyes first visited in 2009 and again when he dug up the supplies in June 2011, police said.

Police said Keyes returned briefly to that site after murdering the Curriers, a couple in their 50s,in the early morning hours of June 9, 2011. He disposed of a shovel that he used to dig up the murder kit. The flooding two months later helped conceal the hole, and the shovel has never been found, police said.

The bodies of Bill and Lorraine Currier were left in the basement of an abandoned farmhouse at 32 Upper Main St. in Essex that was torn down in October 2011. The debris was trucked to the large landfill in Coventry, where an extensive search took place this spring and summer, but their bodies have not been recovered.

Keyes was in Vermont in April 2009, according to a timeline the FBI prepared about the serial murderer’s travels across the country. He was here to visit family in the Northeast, he told investigators, but he also robbed a bank in Tupper Lake, N.Y., and abducted and killed a person somewhere along the East Coast and dumped the body in New York, the FBI says.

Not Brittanee Drexel???

In the following article it states that Keyes brought the gun he used to kill the Currier's with him from Alaska. I bolded it for you.

I know it could be misinformation on part of the media, but if Keyes actually told LE he brought the gun with him, then I'm wondering if LE looked into that. Is there is a record of him declaring the gun in his luggage? Is there a record of Keyes checking any baggage? Is the checked baggage scanned or X-rayed for weapons at the Anchorage airport?

I don't imagine someone like Keyes packed a big bag that needed to be checked when he left to go on one of his killing sprees. So did he carry the gun on board the plane? If so how did he get past TSA.

Keyes is described as highly organized. From what I understand, as he traveled, he left stashes in various parts of the country. Is it possible he stashed the gun in a prior visit, perhaps he traveled by car, found his victims, waited for the right time, and returned to the state to complete the crime, the shooting at a later date? I don't know if he was organized in this way, if he could delay whatever satisfaction he got from killing. I don't think he could board a plane with a gun.

This guy was essentially in my back yard. I have now started locking my doors and windows. I am sad that it has come to this.

How can criteria be determined to identify and/or eliminate missing victims?

I don't have faith in the locations of the timelines because he could have rented a car and driven 500 miles. I pray that he left a list on that paper and that the writing on it can be recovered.

sooo frustrating

I posted this is Sam's forum, too...

I wondered early on in Sam's case (in a thread way back) if the first time he killed was the same time he got the DUI. Maybe killed someone in the spur of the moment, struggled in his mind especially with the pleasure of it, got drunk to cope, got a DUI, was not caught, and decided to be more meticulous after. He most likely wouldn't confess to that one if it embarrassed him, sloppy, not the better killings he did later, etc. Not much "pride" in that.

Next question. They say IK flew places, rented a car, and left the area to find victims. I am not sure how far back rental car agencies keep records, but, all keep track of milage (even on unlimited milage), couldn't LE figure out approximate areas where he traveled based on the milage. I.e. 200 miles on the rental car would mean 100 miles one way and 100 back. Some sort of radius...Not sure if this is realistic.

Keyes is described as highly organized. From what I understand, as he traveled, he left stashes in various parts of the country. Is it possible he stashed the gun in a prior visit, perhaps he traveled by car, found his victims, waited for the right time, and returned to the state to complete the crime, the shooting at a later date? I don't know if he was organized in this way, if he could delay whatever satisfaction he got from killing. I don't think he could board a plane with a gun.

The serial killer whose victims included Bill and Lorraine Currier of Essex buried a murder kit in the woods on the banks of the Winooski River in spring 2009, then dug up the cache two years later and used the weapons in the Vermont slayings, the FBI says.

After Israel Keyes, 34, was arrested in March on charges related to an Alaska woman’s murder, he confessed to killing the Curriers and used an online map to give the FBI precise coordinates of the spot in Essex where he hid a trove of weapons and supplies, including ammunition, investigators in Anchorage told the Burlington Free Press on Thursday.

bilde

The authorities say Keyes left Anchorage in June 2011 with a plan to murder someone. He flew to Chicago, rented a car, drove to Vermont and got a room at Handy Suites. In his checked luggage he carried a handgun and a homemade silencer. Possessing the silencer was illegal, investigators say; people are allowed to check unloaded firearms onto airplanes if they are declared and secured according to government regulations.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...ey=mod|breaking|text|FRONTPAGE&nclick_check=1

The rest of the details are in the story link.

The last pictures in the article above shows a shovel. I read earlier they never found the shovel used to dig up the cache in NY?

I wonder if those bottles of drano were used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cloudy89