AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 01 Feb 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checking in again. No updates? IK still hasn't been charged?
In other cases like this where the perp is sitting in jail we've seen LE take their time filing charges. Once charges are filed the clock starts ticking toward a trial so waiting to file gives them extra time to make sure everything about their case is in order.

I guess I'm strange, I liked the obituary. It was different, but it was special, like Sam.

JMO, IMO, :moo: and all other disclaimers.

There will be a news conference by the US Attorney's office at 2:30pm AK time today to discuss charges in the Koenig case.

http://www.adn.com/2012/04/18/2429498/authorities-plan-announcement.html

Link to adn article

Eleven weeks to the day since Samantha Koenig's abduction from a Midtown coffee hut, the U.S. Attorney's Office says it will make an announcement Wednesday afternoon regarding charges related to her death.

A news conference has been scheduled for 2:30 p.m.

Nothing on ktuu.com yet, so I don't know if there will be a live feed.

ETA - according to FB, adn and ktuu will be streaming the conference. I will post a link here when they post one.

http://www.adn.com/2012/04/18/2429498/authorities-plan-announcement.html

Keyes charged in Koenig's kidnapping, killing

"Keyes forced Koenig out of the hut about 8 p.m. Feb. 1 and walked her to pickup parked across Tudor Road at a Home Depot, the indictment says. He stole a debit card from a vehicle Koenig shared with someone else and sent text messages using her phone that were intended to conceal her abduction, then killed her and flew to Houston, Texas, the indictment says."

Sounds like it must've been Duane's card then?

Keyes forced Koenig out of the hut about 8 p.m. Feb. 1 and walked her to pickup parked across Tudor Road at a Home Depot, the indictment says. He stole a debit card from a vehicle Koenig shared with someone else and sent text messages using her phone that were intended to conceal her abduction, then killed her and flew to Houston, Texas, the indictment says.

Read more here: http://www.adn.com/2012/04/18/2429498/authorities-plan-announcement.html#storylink=cpy

So he DID fly out the next morning it appears. Also the vehicle debit card link was to a family member of smanthas. either JK or BF..... LE must have found the phone on him...
IMO I would also conclude that JK "using reward money" was a signal the funds are in the account, that the shed was used for storage, and that IK kept sending texts for ransom, and LE presumed SK to be alive until he IK caught in texas.

It all almost fits now.

Just wow. I bet it was DT's card stolen from SK's truck. They had been sharing use of the truck, and it would be reasonable that SK would know his PIN number.

So sad that this looks to be pretty random and for monetary gain. At least there are no sexual charges against IK, so IMO she was at least spared that.

http://www.ktuu.com/federal-announcement-on-samantha-koenig-case-041812,0,6480187.story

He also allegedly took a debit card from a vehicle Koenig shared, forcing her to give him the card’s PIN, which he scratched into the card.

The documents say Keyes killed Koenig on Feb. 2, then boarded a commercial airline flight from Anchorage to Houston, Texas. On Feb. 24, Keyes allegedly used Koenig's cell phone to demand that ransom payments for her return be deposited to the debit card, from which he made several withdrawals totaling $2,440 at several locations in Alaska, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas.

Potential for the death penalty.
Arraignment tomorrow at 10am

Its common knowledge that every transaction made at an ATM is video recorded.

Wow! We knew it would all come together eventually. No wonder they thought she might still be alive if he was asking for ransom. He kept her alive until the 2nd huh? How incredibly sad and scary for her.

This may sound terrible, but I feel badly that she was taken one day and killed the next. He kept her in fear for a time then, I feel so bad on so many levels.... Is there Death Penalty in Alaska?

federal officials say money from the reward funds to find Koenig was used to make ransom payments, which Keyes received by making several withdrawals from the debit card's account

And so many people talked about her Father and the use of some of the reward money :(

Wow! We knew it would all come together eventually. No wonder they thought she might still be alive if he was asking for ransom. He kept her alive until the 2nd huh? How incredibly sad and scary for her.

I took that to mean a few hours after the abduction, early on the morning of the 2nd was when she was killed. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member