AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 1 Feb 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I had been keeping up well with this case, but I seemed to have missed some things. Can someone tell me what CB's mother's name is or send me the link to her profile page, I am interested in seeing the posts too?

TIA

I have searched high and low and have been unsuccessful in finding it too:(

I live outside Philly and kids always "throw up gang signs". Meaning they don't have to be in a gang to put up the W, etc. A lot of times it is just for pic purposes.

Yeah, that post of mine was one of about 4 on different reasons that kids throw those signs, one of which was just because they think it's cool, this one was specific to "west" anything, not gang related...In Sam's case, she went to West High School and I had posted it may have even been because of that. I mentioned my husband in relation to the "westside" thing (he was never in a gang, either).

Most reward funds are set up as a trust and handled by the bank. There is legal paperwork that needs to be prepared stating how the funds in the trust will be paid out if the victim is found and what the funds will be used for if not after a certain amount of time. Some trust will be set up where the funds are returned if not used or maybe donated to a charity. All this should be in place before someone requests donations for a reward fund.

I would be real leery of sending money to a personal Paypal account.

JMO

I agree but I want to add that some of the money is helping them to search. I have no way of verifying but I did read some of his FB wall and picture posts - he wasn't very fluent in how things are done on FB, including how to "tag" which is the easiest thing in the world, so I'm thinking he's like most other manly men that just don't know all the ins & outs of computer use and social media. He really appears to be learning as he goes along.

Please somebody tell me this isn't a pot leaf represented on her bandana... Somebody tell me it's some kind of evergreen leaf or something...

article-0-1197E10B000005DC-888_468x568.jpg

n 1975, Alaska removed all penalties for possession of cannabis under 28.349 grams (one ounce) in one's residence or home.

n 1975, Alaska removed all penalties for possession of cannabis under 28.349 grams (one ounce) in one's residence or home.

Thank you saint! I'll probably get yelled at for this but I could give a crap about somebody smokin' a stick in their home but wearing a picture of it seems to make a statement of some sort. We're all so divided when it comes to the legalization of Mary-J that it gives me agita just thinking of a come back lol. Lots of teens like to live on the edge & act carefree. I wonder if Sam liked to push boundaries. Could she have come in contact with somebody shady & not have realized it bc she's so carefree? Or isn't she? From things I've read, she seems street smart, so wouldn't being care free mean the opposite? I'm confusing myself... :D

Her father James informed the media that she was hell bent on taking this job bc she wanted gas money, etc. She had bought a truck prior but there's conflicting reports out there about it being wrecked. Her bf that she's "dated" for about 10 months informs he has her only mode of transportation and he was hung up at work so got there a few minutes late to pick her up. Well it makes me wonder if he was driving her vehicle or his own. Sam's dad said she took the job for one reason being gas money. If her truck was wrecked prior to her job at the Common Grounds, why would she need it for gas money?

Here's what's on my mind tonight. Her bf said he wants to be identified by his first name - Dwayne. No last name? Late to pick her up but has to know the Midtown section is high crime. The Alaska Club is big but the coffee shack is small & sits in a parking lot that at the time was isolated from highway view due to snow plowing. Where is Dwayne? I don't understand why he hasn't been front & center...or has he but we just don't see it? I'm confused by this. When searching the internet, you can make out exactly who Sam's close friends & relatives are bc they're all front & center. I've only heard a few mentions of Dwayne in the media & they were all from the same night, just reworded & constantly rewritten daily. I've read one of Sam's best friends mention "Duane", but only once. This is odd in an of itself. It plays over & over in my head that he said he had her only means of transportation.

Bdawk - I've searched all over & can't find it. I truly believe I misinterpreted the article I read. James & Dwayne were both mentioned & I think when James said "we didn't get any sleep all night", I assumed he was including Sam's bf. So when he said called until 5:00 am I assumed it was Dwayne too. I have to be wrong & I'm sorry for the confusion. Completely unintentional. :blowkiss:

I happened to be driving down Tudor this evening and went past the coffee shack where she was abducted. It's just so strange because it's really a pretty busy area, even at eight o'clock at night.

The coffee shack is in the corner of a large parking lot for a health club (the Alaska Club). The Alaska Club is fairly busy and anyone coming in and out of there would have seen exactly what was going on. Plus anyone driving around in the area could have caught a glimpse--even with high snow berms this is a fairly visible area.

I gotta say, after having a fresh look at the location...it's really odd that she would not have struggled at all. Yes she might have had to leave the shack with him, but after that if she could have even broken away just for an instant she could have easily reached an area with a LOT of witnesses. Certainly the abductor would not have dared follow her in to the Alaska Club or down Tudor Street.

This is the area we are talking about:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...&ved=0CAYQtgM&iwloc=cids:16121344263701826560 (click street view)

The Alaska Club is much busier in the winter time (when you can't really exercise outdoors) so there was probably two or three times as many cars in that parking lot.

And they say that the guy headed west (or maybe east) with her. Neither of those makes sense. The only way you get away from people in that area is to head south. And even then you can only go so far before you hit International Airport Road (another fairly busy street).

Thank you saint! I'll probably get yelled at for this but I could give a crap about somebody smokin' a stick in their home but wearing a picture of it seems to make a statement of some sort. We're all so divided when it comes to the legalization of Mary-J that it gives me agita just thinking of a come back lol. Lots of teens like to live on the edge & act carefree. I wonder if Sam liked to push boundaries. Could she have come in contact with somebody shady & not have realized it bc she's so carefree? Or isn't she? From things I've read, she seems street smart, so wouldn't being care free mean the opposite? I'm confusing myself... :D

Her father James informed the media that she was hell bent on taking this job bc she wanted gas money, etc. She had bought a truck prior but there's conflicting reports out there about it being wrecked. Her bf that she's "dated" for about 10 months informs he has her only mode of transportation and he was hung up at work so got there a few minutes late to pick her up. Well it makes me wonder if he was driving her vehicle or his own. Sam's dad said she took the job for one reason being gas money. If her truck was wrecked prior to her job at the Common Grounds, why would she need it for gas money?

Here's what's on my mind tonight. Her bf said he wants to be identified by his first name - Dwayne. No last name? Late to pick her up but has to know the Midtown section is high crime. The Alaska Club is big but the coffee shack is small & sits in a parking lot that at the time was isolated from highway view due to snow plowing. Where is Dwayne? I don't understand why he hasn't been front & center...or has he but we just don't see it? I'm confused by this. When searching the internet, you can make out exactly who Sam's close friends & relatives are bc they're all front & center. I've only heard a few mentions of Dwayne in the media & they were all from the same night, just reworded & constantly rewritten daily. I've read one of Sam's best friends mention "Duane", but only once. This is odd in an of itself. It plays over & over in my head that he said he had her only means of transportation.

I took it to mean that he had her truck but I could be wrong.

I have also wondered why he didn't want to release his last name. I might not have even noticed if the media hadn't made a point of it. Males don't usually worry about that so much.

I happened to be driving down Tudor this evening and went past the coffee shack where she was abducted. It's just so strange because it's really a pretty busy area, even at eight o'clock at night.

The coffee shack is in the corner of a large parking lot for a health club (the Alaska Club). The Alaska Club is fairly busy and anyone coming in and out of there would have seen exactly what was going on. Plus anyone driving around in the area could have caught a glimpse--even with high snow berms this is a fairly visible area.

I gotta say, after having a fresh look at the location...it's really odd that she would not have struggled at all. Yes she might have had to leave the shack with him, but after that if she could have even broken away just for an instant she could have easily reached an area with a LOT of witnesses. Certainly the abductor would not have dared follow her in to the Alaska Club or down Tudor Street.

This is the area we are talking about:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...&ved=0CAYQtgM&iwloc=cids:16121344263701826560 (click street view)

The Alaska Club is much busier in the winter time (when you can't really exercise outdoors) so there was probably two or three times as many cars in that parking lot.

And they say that the guy headed west (or maybe east) with her. Neither of those makes sense. The only way you get away from people in that area is to head south. And even then you can only go so far before you hit International Airport Road (another fairly busy street).

I can see not struggling if someone has a gun and threatens to shoot you if you move or make a sound. I would tend to cooperate with a gun pointed at me, I think. Considering too that she may have been too scared to move... intense fright tends to cause some people to freeze up.

Joe Friday - That's def a different Samantha. Please could you delete that comment bc WS is really strict about linking to people that aren't involved. Pls don't think I'm being rude. I just don't want the thread shut down. I'll delete this once I know you've seen my comment. :)

I have a question...

It's a fact that CB was charged with felony theft & threatening a police officer in NC, as well as a complaint against him in AK stemming from an alleged assault against Sam and also another complaint about an altercation with a bouncer or something like that. Well the felony theft occurred late Dec 2009. It would have taken a little bit of time to go to court. He was 22 at the time of his arrest in NC. Well what happened in court? Wouldn't he have gotten probation at the very least? If that's the case, how much time would he have gotten? Has anyone pulled the records? If he got probation, wouldn't the complaint about the altercation with the bouncer and the complaint filed by Sam have been looked at as a violation of his probation? If he did get probation, was or is he allowed to serve his sentence in AK? Or was he let go with a warning? Dec 24, 2009 wasn't that long ago. That's the date of the theft.

James Koenig said, " Samantha is not affiliated with anyone or anything that has to do with what you are doing, our family and community will not rest until she is back with us"

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=113291125464610&id=102832079843848

There seems to be no doubt in James' mind regarding who took Samantha. The question now would seem to be association. Was Sam herself associating with someone in the drug/gang world, or was she taken in retribution for another person close to her?

Z560, who are the known gangs in Alaska? Do they control a certain flow of drugs in and out the area? I am making an assumption they are a little more sophisticated and organized than just a loose group of people known to associate with each other, would this be correct? Ties to areas outside the state?

Bdawk - I've searched all over & can't find it. I truly believe I misinterpreted the article I read. James & Dwayne were both mentioned & I think when James said "we didn't get any sleep all night", I assumed he was including Sam's bf. So when he said called until 5:00 am I assumed it was Dwayne too. I have to be wrong & I'm sorry for the confusion. Completely unintentional. :blowkiss:

It's OK - I forgive you! :therethere:

I have a question...

It's a fact that CB was charged with felony theft & threatening a police officer in NC, as well as a complaint against him in AK stemming from an alleged assault against Sam and also another complaint about an altercation with a bouncer or something like that. Well the felony theft occurred late Dec 2009. It would have taken a little bit of time to go to court. He was 22 at the time of his arrest in NC. Well what happened in court? Wouldn't he have gotten probation at the very least? If that's the case, how much time would he have gotten? Has anyone pulled the records? If he got probation, wouldn't the complaint about the altercation with the bouncer and the complaint filed by Sam have been looked at as a violation of his probation? If he did get probation, was or is he allowed to serve his sentence in AK? Or was he let go with a warning? Dec 24, 2009 wasn't that long ago. That's the date of the theft.

You'd think...interestingly, I have a friend that has been dating a guy for a couple of years and from the moment I met him, he just made me "wonder", ya know? So being the nosy sleuther that I am, I looked up his criminal record (they are super accessible for PA online), and found he had FOUR retail theft convictions in four years, yet he never saw a minute of jail time. Each one after the first you would think was a probation violation and would have landed him somewhere for at least a little while, but nope :waitasec:. Obviously, I'm not in AK, but it's an example of how the system doesn't quite work the way most would think it would/should....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member