AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what Zeaux said about Baby P and where Brittney was living:

"AH was given custody of PH because of BW's lifestyle and improper parenting. She did have visitation and had rekindled her relationship with AH but it ended shortly before her disappearance. He lives with his mother in....Grand Bay.

BW had been living with a female relative who allowed drug use in her home."

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #1

Thanks gliving. This wasn't done through court, though...right? Or was it? I forget what Steph told us. I thought it had to also do with Britt getting her act together. Do you remember?

Wait, I missed something. Actually I missed a real whole lot & still attempting to catch up. So do we no longer post the accused people's online accts on this thread anymore? I'm trying Bessie.

Nvm... I see now. Thank you so much! This is an excellent idea we should have done from the beginning! Are they all in there or should I start from the first thread & move them over?

Lady Demelza- this story isn't really getting much coverage especially nationally. It is sad that most of the coverage is when a suspect gets arrested in connection to the sex ring not that Brittney is STILL MISSING! I know LE doesn't reveal all of the info. that they have and are often quiet while investigating but there is a lot to be answered for , mainly--where is Brittney? MOO, I feel this story is being down played because of Dustin Kent's nephew. I am from Alabama but live in another state but I do know how people in Alabama feel about football. I, for one, bleed crimson and white Alabama football. Alabama is the #1 team in the nation and the last thing anyone wants is news coverage that the star player of the #1 team is related to one of the key perverts in this case. I understand that completely. He certainly wouldn't choose to have a pervert uncle. The football player is a really good guy and I would hate for this horror to mess up his future in football. I know you aren't in the US so you may not understand how seriously people take football here in the South. I hope I haven't ticked off people by posting this but I am just trying to help you understand.

Thank you pendyjo, as I said ive followed this on and off, but I think i may have missed the pro football link. So DK has a nephew who is a pro footballer? That makes a lot of sense given the lack of coverage. I hate to say this but this is a media cash cow, it has every element that would sell news! I could never understand why there is so little interest on a national level, jeez we have more interest in the UK it seems!! Has the "enigma" that is nancy grace been involved yet? I'm sorry if I appear ignorant but following from across the pond is often hard.

You are right we don't have the same affiliations to sport as u guys do, we are national sport followers mainly, with local team followers of which could not really considered local.

Thanks gliving. This wasn't done through court, though...right? Or was it? I forget what Steph told us. I thought it had to also do with Britt getting her act together. Do you remember?

That's what I remember too. It didn't go through the courts, it was just decided that the father was in a better position to care for Baby P.

Thank you pendyjo, as I said ive followed this on and off, but I think i may have missed the pro football link. So DK has a nephew who is a pro footballer? That makes a lot of sense given the lack of coverage. I hate to say this but this is a media cash cow, it has every element that would sell news! I could never understand why there is so little interest on a national level, jeez we have more interest in the UK it seems!! Has the "enigma" that is nancy grace been involved yet? I'm sorry if I appear ignorant but following from across the pond is often hard.

You are right we don't have the same affiliations to sport as u guys do, we are national sport followers mainly, with local team followers of which could not really considered local.

There was alot of interest last year but then it died down when the heavy investigating was underway. Personally, I think the national media backed off so as to help investigators do their jobs on the down low. Andrew Perez never stopped reporting on this case. It's been n the news & in media articles.

I happen to agree with those that wish was on a national level. Nancy Grace covered this before I thought, so did Jane Velez Mitchell.

Zeaux was a wealth of info in the early stages. I often forget what we knew and when we knew it.

06-21-2012 Zeaux:
"If it helps, the investigation into DH had been going on for 4 months or so. The witness didn't just come forward around the time of BW's disappearance."

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #1

06-24-2012 Zeaux:
"BW saw DH regularly. They participated in some activities together (please don't ask me to elaborate). She might have lied to her mom because she didn't want her to know that she was going to be participating in those activities.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #2

Wait, I missed something. Actually I missed a real whole lot & still attempting to catch up. So do we no longer post the accused people's online accts on this thread anymore? I'm trying Bessie.

Nvm... I see now. Thank you so much! This is an excellent idea we should have done from the beginning! A&E they all n there or should I start from the first thread & move them over?
I'm not sure what you mean, JG. The first SM thread is still in the PL. It's locked and read only now. Does that answer your question?

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I'm not sure what you mean, JG. The first SM thread is still in the PL. It's locked and read only now. Does that answer your question?

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

No, but thanks anyway. :) I think there's alot of social media accounts throughout all of these threads. I posted every single one I could find. Footballmom did too if I remember right. As soon as arrests started going down, we scoured the net for their usernames, emails, cell numbers, etc and posted everything. I think the cell numbers were deleted, I forget.

Edit... Waitasec... Yeah, I just glanced at the new link you posted. So the first one posted is the SM#2? Dear GOD I missed alot! Ok, going through to remind myself of all involved.

THANK YOU BESSIE!

FOX10's earlier post now has the 9pm broadcast clip with Andrew Perez.
http://www.fox10tv.com/news/local/baldwin-county/11th-person-in-alleged-sex-ring-arrested

Andrew says in the video "Baldwin County is expected to add new charges to older suspects and other agencies are looking at new suspects."

I also heard "The Holland case is even crossing state lines."

If the Holland case is crossing state lines, does that mean the FBI is involved? What is the crime unit's name; the one that tracks child *advertiser censored* online? ICE?

If the Holland case is crossing state lines, does that mean the FBI is involved? What is the crime unit's name; the one that tracks child *advertiser censored* online? ICE?

I thought the FBI was involved anyway? They're not? I thought they were bc of the child sex crimes and also a missing person...

Bessie, last question about the SM threads... Please... What is the rule on posting updates? Do we just attach the link to the SM thread & inform there's been an update, or do we attach a link to the actual post in the SM thread? It probably doesn't matter since one would have to log in anyway, but I want to make sure I do the right thing.

gliving, you've got me thinking. I really hope they're involved. I mean, how can they not be?

Bessie, last question about the SM threads... Please... What is the rule on posting updates? Do we just attach the link to the SM thread & inform there's been an update, or do we attach a link to the actual post in the SM thread? It probably doesn't matter since one would have to log in anyway, but I want to make sure I do the right thing.
Either way is fine.

Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
If she had kept custody of her daughter id say she didn't plan on leaving and something happened but just a month before all this she gave the baby to her father and his parents she knew....and once it all came out she would have lost her anyway. jmo

<modsnip> just my
but then again u all know that lol

Wait, a month before all this started? Do you mean BW's child went to live with her daddy a month before BW went missing? Trying to get the facts and timeline up to date here and I thought Brittstepmom said it was in 2011 (over a year before Britt went missing). I can't find the post where Steph addressed this, if anyone can help. tia

Also, do we know when the last (most recent) claim of abuse was?

Thanks

Willow Knight, that's right. Brittney gave up her child one month before she went missing.

As far as when the sex crimes occurred, it's a bit vague. The DA hasn't release much info because it's not gone to trial yet. From what I've read the crimes were an ongoing thing with the first victim going to LE in Jan 2012.

Here's a timeline: http://blog.al.com/live/2013/05/timeline_the_search_for_brittn.html

I don't know if I buy that lack of national coverage has to do with a college football player. OJ Simpson? Michael Vick? Aaron Hernandez? There have been many high-profile crime stories involving NFL players. Or what about the Penn State scandal? That involved a coverup by a major university, and storied football program, and it was a huge story once it came out. If the national media wanted to make a huge circus out of this case, they would do so. Maybe I can buy the Alabama media backing off, but the national media? Also, if the nephew is really such a huge deal as to why they can't cover the case, they could just not mention him, and casual followers won't even know.

What is the socioeconomic class of the sex ring members? If they aren't at least middle class, that would probably explain the lack of national coverage. Think about another (proved to be false) child sex ring case that did get national coverage; the McMartin case. You had the whole satanic rituals, happened at a preschool, claims by dozens of students, crazy things they witnessed, etc.

If DH stated to WWH that he didn't want to go to jail for something he didn't do, then I wonder what charges he must have been speaking of. In other words, what would WWH not have known about? IMO she knew everything, therefore, DH would have never wasted some his last breaths telling her this. I don't know if I'm making any sense here, but basically, why lie to someone who knows the truth (maybe even your partner in crime)???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member