AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it might be bc when she copied the picture, it's a FB link. Iow, you hot linked it from 2Hope4's hotlink.

Let me try to upload to tinypic & see if it works. One sec...

Thanks JG. I logged on using another laptop and can see the poster. It must be on my end. I'll ask a mod to clean up the thread so we can get back to business.

Mia culpa.

I notice the poster spelling of Britts name is different to our thread name, could that be corrected please?

That's what we're discussing. Whoever wrote the letters misspelled Brittney name as Brittany. We noticed some of her missing posters spelled it the same way. Scott made the posters so we are wondering if maybe he wrote the letters.

Reading the last pages of the previous thread will catch you up. Try starting here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224994&page=39

Post #958

The handwriting in that letter looks so feminine? Any female candidates Gliving?

The handwriting in that letter looks so feminine? Any female candidates Gliving?

Bunches of candidates! LOL!! Go back to the last thread and start reading at post #958. So many good ideas there with the letter enhanced, you just have to read it yourself.

:seeya:

Hypothetically speaking: could Scott have written that letter while he was in jail and to Wendy? It almost sounds like it was written before everything went down

Hypothetically speaking: could Scott have written that letter while he was in jail and to Wendy? It almost sounds like it was written before everything went down

The timing does look like that. I am looking at the timeline. Dustin & Scott were the first two arrested. June 19, 2012. So, this would have been written prior to that? I'm not convinced only inmates have this kind of lined paper but everything else hypothetically speaking, I think so. For today anyway.

This is absolutely all I could get, and some of it will be wrong. I couldn't find the second part quoted in the video, with all the expletives. I think that must be on another page.

First five lines of letter, in my opinion:

FROM (typed, and name that follows whited out.)

Jennifer Chessy, Mendy, Don are
some of Brittney's family members the girl has said
to them, x 4 more have helped them.
She's naming us all four likely tomorrow.
Just think of all they want her to tell.
*** says that Brittney wrote a letter with
a lot of evidence pertaining to Jennifer, her,
you, Mendy and *** , asking if anything
happened to her go and give it to the police.
But **** is scared to give the letter up.
I want it sorted out before you go
?? ?? or going to the girl in hostel.
?? ??send baby and daughter to police
?? Brittney, but she refused to get herself
?? now girl says she's away in Mississippi
?? ??safety, go see attorney.
?? .. and he is doing it for the baby.

Great Work!!!

THAT is a definite threat.

I am starting to give more credit to it being scott now. 1 because if it wasn't an inmate why wouldn't they take wendy out to a quiet lunch in the car and just discuss itwith her privately.

The 'us' could just be the whole creeping gang of them

the girl away in Mississippi i don't think is brittney at all but the one who has the letter.

It could have been written even after the arrests started going down.

The link in the timeline Jersey*Girl posted is in chronological order.
http://blog.al.com/live/2013/05/timeline_the_search_for_brittn.html
So after the first 2 arrests on 6/19, Derek, Donnie Jr, Brownlee, DK again and again, were all arrested before Wendy, Mendy & Jennifer were. So I think now it could have been written any time up until Wendy's arrest 8/22/2012.

Do you guys think it was written even before Brittney went missing?

I think its possible that the writer of the letter wasn't in jail, maybe just suspicious of any digital correspondence since Brittney's disappearance. And since the letters were exchanged, To and From scenarios, suggests some level of trust there.

I would also say that this letter is NOT a police ploy, simply because the 'evidence' referrenced here was a -letter- written by Brittney, not pictures of crimes, or digital evidence or anything of that nature. So what if the person who has the letter is contacted to retrieve it, it wouldn't really boost a police investigation from any valuable point I can see. Anyone would want evidence pertaining to Brittney who is trying to find her.

And if police believe it is possible Donnie's suicide perhaps wasn't really a suicide, and the obvious crime of Brittney herself missing, I just can't see police dangling somebody infront of those two sisters who would have evidence against them.

I think its possible that the writer of the letter wasn't in jail, maybe just suspicious of any digital correspondence since Brittney's disappearance. And since the letters were exchanged, To and From scenarios, suggests some level of trust there.

Agreed except they state Wendy wrote back. There would be no point in protecting yourself digitally if your'e giving out a home mailing address

Agreed except they state Wendy wrote back. There would be no point in protecting yourself digitally if your'e giving out a home mailing address

Of course, except letters can be hidden, or disposed of, the person who wrote these letters obviously has some interest in keeping Wendy out of jail, or giving her a heads up to whats out there against her. And despite the person who seems to be writing from an emotional distance, has an interest in not letting them be [expletive deleted] by a letter Brittney herself wrote. So I think this letter was written before alot of arrests were made.

I'm just saying the author of this letter was willing to also protect Wendy, digitally, obviously a hunch, an opinion!

clarification: I mean to protect Wendy digitally from police: like them all deleted voice messages, w/e after Donnie's suicide. I think its pretty obvious that they tried to get rid of
anything incriminating after he was dead. Of course if they are gonna talk about it, it won't be through phone or email

I am starting to give more credit to it being scott now. 1 because if it wasn't an inmate why wouldn't they take wendy out to a quiet lunch in the car and just discuss itwith her privately.

The 'us' could just be the whole creeping gang of them

the girl away in Mississippi i don't think is brittney at all but the one who has the letter.

I think the letter author has some knowledge of her guilt, maybe doesn't want to get caught in the dragnet, or just doesn't want to be caught dead with her.

If its the latter, certainly can't blame them. Although I have to admit this case makes me wish I was employed by the Alabama DOC.

I'm just saying the author of this letter was willing to also protect Wendy, digitally, obviously a hunch, an opinion!

clarification: I mean to protect Wendy digitally from police: like them all deleted voice messages, w/e after Donnie's suicide. I think its pretty obvious that they tried to get rid of
anything incriminating after he was dead. Of course if they are gonna talk about it, it won't be through phone or email

Here's my late night thoughts.

:nevermind:

I should really go to bed.

Sweet Dreams.

It's worth staring at the top line of that letter, until a headache starts....

The reason we thought it might say Mom or Home was because it is a different type of print from the rest of the letter. Much thicker, and blacker. It says FROM and it is a pre-printed sheet of paper, with a name and address line at the top and a big FROM, so inmates who struggle to read will know exactly where they have to write their name. In my opinion. The rest of the line has been digitally whited out, to remove the name.

I don't really think anyone would keep a notepad with a pre-printed FROM line at the top, at home. I am sure this was written by an inmate, as Astrokitty guessed, early on last thread.

Despite the rather ladylike handwriting, I tend to think it's Scott. The ref to 'all 4 of us', if it's correct, could be his three sisters and himself. Though it could be Dustin, too.

Imagine writing that letter from a jail. Very dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz