AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jennifer Moore and TJ have court appearances this week.
Remember, TJ was arrested for the 'flower pot' robbery/assault.
Not sure if Jennifer is trying to have her bond lowered, or if she is playing the "denial of meds" card again to get out of jail.

MOO
:moo:

Attachments

• JM 2 6 14.JPG
    JM 2 6 14.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 30
  • TJ  2 4 14.JPG
    TJ 2 4 14.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 25
Not sure if Jennifer is trying to have her bond lowered, or if she is playing the "denial of meds" card again to get out of jail.

MOO

Thanks ChattyWoman, I really really want to attend one of her hearings. This in Bay M? Thinking maybe they schedule all those jailed at 8:30? So she could actually have her named called later? That would be a good day for me, only I babysit my grandbaby until right around that time, his mama works nights. Half hour drive for me, you think? I know Fairhope, Daphne, Loxley, and Robertsdale. Farthest I've been from home. LOL, not really I'm actually a Kentucky hick.

Truth tho is outside those I can get to Mobile and Pensacola, then I'm lost.

Trying to babble here to keep Brittney up front.

Another thing since Britt's thread is at a stand still for the moment. I have tried over and over to read and research Mobile and Baldwin counties in Alabama for more information on the public defender vs. the court appointed attorney. An attorney friend and I have discussed this many times, for no special reason, just in general conversation. My memory (only) of conversations went like this.

Some states/counties have:

* Public Defenders, appointed by a judge. They are paid a set fee for their services. Huge difference between states and even counties in a state on the amount of set fee.

* Court appointed attorney, appointed by a judge and chosen from a pool of listed names for the judge to choose from. Some have set fees, others have where attorney can bill the courts additional fees.

* Court appointed attorney, name of attorney is given to the judge. Judge may and usually does approve this attorney. Attorney bills court for valid fees as to the level of the crime and how much time is spent on the case.

Reason I'm curious as to Mobile/Baldwin county is, going by memory my conversation left me with these examples.

*A person in one state/county could be charged with a crime that carries a life sentence. There are some areas that set a flat fee for the whole process. Some even as low as 250.00 for the total defense at one time.

*Another situation would be, in the state my friend practiced, those charged could ask the court to appoint a particular lawyer. She stated she billed the courts as the case progressed. Now, this was several years ago, she is now mayor and has limited court time. (and we have lost contact)

With these cases being postponed so often, wondering if it because they have PD that are over-loaded with cases, or good attorney working on a better defense?

Any thoughts?

Bumping for Brittney. It bothers me too much when she is not on page 1! Where are you Brittney?

I'm the same, if Brittney's not on page one I feel quite anxious! I wonder whether these court dates- TJ and the egg collector, will bring any news?

I'm the same, if Brittney's not on page one I feel quite anxious! I wonder whether these court dates- TJ and the egg collector, will bring any news?

Thanks for the chuckle. TJ & the Egg Collectors would make a good band name.

Love it as a band name - TJ and the Egg Collectors. Good one, minusfour!

Searched for any info and there's been nothing about what's going on with this case and the huge group of arrested people. Andrew has been busy reporting on other things like drug busts in that area. Why is it so quiet?

BTW, despite my good weather here, I had a plumbing problem anyways, and thought AstroKitty would like to know that nobody escaped plumbing problems after all. Miss all of you, and wish we had some news to talk about. :wave:

:guitar: Bumping this for Brittney with some music. :drumroll:

O O O O O O O O O O O O O OOOO

Let's hear it for TJ and the Egg Collectors. Be sure to tell me about their gig in court. :wink:

Something told me to come check Brittney's thread. I was hoping some movement was happening here. Oh well. (This is why I'm not a psychic.)

Thinking of Brittney and those who love her.

Here in mobile county you are appointed attorney by the courts. The state then picks up the bill. I'm not sure but i think it's a set fee. The courts are really behind so that's why i am thinking of the delay's. I don't know how it works in baldwin county.

MOO

Bump. Court today for TJ and Jennifer.

to whomever was interested in the incident with my macbook pro that I spilt cream soda into: On a whim I decided to dig it out tonight and plug it in, just to see if it would charge and if the damage remained the same. I was *just about to send it to Apple and have it fixed for 800.00

Guess what powered up and I'm typing on right now - with nothing amiss and as if the entire incident of cream soda pouring into the usb port while it was not only plugged in but also turned on? My macbook pro.

Whatever case it was in which they thought the macbook was damaged because it had gotten wet, I let this sit in my briefcase since Thanksgiving, checked on it about 2 weeks ago (the screen stayed black then) - it's now dried out and works as well as it did before.

o/t

Anyone have an update on the court appearances yesterday?

I can't find any news. I do see Jenny from the coop is still listed on Baldwin CO jail's roster and TJ is still being held in Mobile CO jail.

:jail:

I was doing some Google searches on Butch just now and came across something of interest. I found a cached version of an old Fox10TV article ("Sex abuse suspect arrested by Marshals in Mississippi" Published: Friday, October 25, 2013) that is no longer available on their website. The original link was posted back in thread #10 here. A few posts later, this post referenced some comments about Butch that could no longer be found. I think I found the comments and boy are they interesting!

Here's the cache: http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...hals-in-mississippi+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

My apologies if I'm rehashing something already discussed. After 12 threads, its hard to remember whether anything is new or just forgotten!

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!
Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

You guys have a social media thread in the Parking Lot. If you don't want to use it, let me know and I'll lock it up.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

bessie, please know you're right, and we should have gone downstairs.
23_11_56.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member