AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Dr. Jones! My theory is fairly in sync with yours.

A couple of points you made are new to me. Could you please provide further info/links to substantiate or point me in the right direction? Thanks!

1) Re pining ex-bf: you wrote: "he had a pretty solid alibi" - What was it/where was he?

Quote from 08-25-2012, 08:14 PM
Zeaux Registered User

About JM?

What I know is he has been in Texas since a short time before Brittney went missing. He briefly returned to the area the weekend she was reported missing. He was with his mother. He had no transportation of his own. He used his mother's at times, but she was at work on the day Brittney disappeared and she drove herself to work and the car was with her. When he and his mom returned to Texas following the trip to the Mobile area the weekend of June 1, he brought another girl back with him.

I agree he's suspicious, but he's been checked out. Whether he's been checked out thoroughly enough, I don't know.

I hope that's what you wanted me to comment about!

2) Re DH and DK: you wrote: "that is why he recorded DK in the "act" - to cover his arse should the $@#% hit the fan" - I had not read that there was a recording of DK in the "act". Could you provide info/links to the article?

Be warned-this article is graphic :sick:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ed-police-officer-testifies-article-1.1190681

I can't seem to find the quote that DH videotaped the rape of his own daughter by DK, but I do recall WWH stating on fb that she had erased "things" off of DH's phone and frantically trying to get her hands on BW's phone....maybe I just assumed, but I could almost swear I read it somewhere...this case has me pulling my hair out!!! :pullhair:

Thanks Dr. Jones! My theory is fairly in sync with yours.

A couple of points you made are new to me. Could you please provide further info/links to substantiate or point me in the right direction? Thanks!

1) Re pining ex-bf: you wrote: "he had a pretty solid alibi" - What was it/where was he?

Quote from 08-25-2012, 08:14 PM
Zeaux Registered User

About JM?

What I know is he has been in Texas since a short time before Brittney went missing. He briefly returned to the area the weekend she was reported missing. He was with his mother. He had no transportation of his own. He used his mother's at times, but she was at work on the day Brittney disappeared and she drove herself to work and the car was with her. When he and his mom returned to Texas following the trip to the Mobile area the weekend of June 1, he brought another girl back with him.

I agree he's suspicious, but he's been checked out. Whether he's been checked out thoroughly enough, I don't know.

I hope that's what you wanted me to comment about!

2) Re DH and DK: you wrote: "that is why he recorded DK in the "act" - to cover his arse should the $@#% hit the fan" - I had not read that there was a recording of DK in the "act". Could you provide info/links to the article?

Be warned-this article is graphic :sick:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ed-police-officer-testifies-article-1.1190681

I can't seem to find the quote that DH videotaped the rape of his own daughter by DK, but I do recall WWH stating on fb that she had erased "things" off of DH's phone and frantically trying to get her hands on BW's phone....maybe I just assumed, but I could almost swear I read it somewhere...this case has me pulling my hair out!!! :pullhair:

Thanks for your follow-up and I share your :pullhair: feelings on this case!

Unfortunately, and JMO, I think Zeaux may have heard eye opening revelations in the days after DW was bailed out of prison and when DW stayed for a few days with WH and SH, IIRC. Because since then, Zeaux went radio silent, WH went radio silent, and WH/SH changed from a relatively proactive approach, hell bent on finding BW, to a reactive only approach. JMVHO.

As a result, and JMO, the weight I now give to info provided by Zeaux has fallen into the questionable/suspect range. Where did Zeaux get her info? From whom? Have those sources proven to be honest/truthful? I have serious doubt! JMHO.

Side note: To ensure quotes show properly there must be a [ QUOTE ] or [ quote=poster;post number ] at the beginning of the quote and a [ /quote ] at the end of each quote. Each code should be without spaces which I had to add so it would show properly in this post. Hope that helps.

I was listening again to the link Branglie posted on the previous page: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

It's dated 23 Jul 2012 and at that time the only person yet to be arrested was Wendy Holland. The reporter states that authorities are still looking for several more suspects. I wish we could learn who these other suspects are. Are they still in the area or have they also vanished.

Dr Jones, I snipped your post to the pertinent part.

"Investigators said Holland told Kent to commit the sex crimes, and in each case, Holland was either present or listening on the phone.

Kent’s defense attorney John Beck said, “Mr. Kent absolutely denies these allegations."

Thursday, 27 Sep 2012
http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/missing-teens-uncle-in-court

Unfortunately, and JMO, I think Zeaux may have heard eye opening revelations in the days after DW was bailed out of prison and when DW stayed for a few days with WH and SH, IIRC. Because since then, Zeaux went radio silent, WH went radio silent, and WH/SH changed from a relatively proactive approach, hell bent on finding BW, to a reactive only approach. JMVHO.

As a result, and JMO, the weight I now give to info provided by Zeaux has fallen into the questionable/suspect range. Where did Zeaux get her info? From whom? Have those sources proven to be honest/truthful? I have serious doubt! JMHO.

Side note: To ensure quotes show properly there must be a [ QUOTE ] or [ quote=poster;post number ] at the beginning of the quote and a [ /quote ] at the end of each quote. Each code should be without spaces which I had to add so it would show properly in this post. Hope that helps.

Zeaux came onto this forum and became verified to help in this case. I found her/him walking a very fine line many times, and it is my belief that the person did this with integrity, based on the information that was given. Zeaux was careful to point out that they were not privy to everything. It appeared to me that they were trying to be as informative as they could be "at that moment in time".

"At that moment in time", that may well of been the information that was known. This is many months out, and new information has come to light.

I agree that Zeaux was probably shocked.

I don't believe all the information provided should be discounted, but instead be viewed in light of the new information which has.

I give my hat off to anyone that sticks their neck out to become verified in any case.

That says it all, really.

I haven't been back for a while. I went looking on all the links on the media and timeline thread as someone suggested and picked up some nasty stuff on my computer in the process.

DK has already begun the defence we'll see in all these charges, imo.

'DH made me do it.'

Doesn't wash with me. Hope it doesn't wash with the jury.

Dr Jones, I snipped your post to the pertinent part.

"Investigators said Holland told Kent to commit the sex crimes, and in each case, Holland was either present or listening on the phone.

Kent’s defense attorney John Beck said, “Mr. Kent absolutely denies these allegations."

Thursday, 27 Sep 2012
http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/baldwin_county/missing-teens-uncle-in-court

Thank you gliving. I am truly impressed with the thorough attention to the facts and dedication to finding missing people that I see from you and the other "senior" sleuthers here at WS!:bow: That is why I usually just lurk...

RSBM Thank you for the tip Quester...I was trying to fix my last post but finally just gave up...:blushing:

RSBM Thank you for the tip Quester...I was trying to fix my last post but finally just gave up...:blushing:
I fixed it for you. Sorry I didn't catch it sooner. For future reference, if you need help with posting, you can either use the alert feature and leave a note for the mods, or send a pm to a mod.

I'm glad you've decided to post in Brittney's thread and hope you'll stick around to help us keep this thread going for Brittney. :tyou:

January 25, 2013 at 3:07 PM

MOBILE, Alabama -- Chessie Wood, the mother of missing Mobile woman Brittney Wood, is looking for help contacting the families of other people reported missing in Mobile.

"It's hard to get in touch, because a lot of the families have moved, or the only contact information is the police department or Klass Kids," Chessie Wood said.

http://blog.al.com/live/2013/01/brittney_woods_mother_reaches.html

I've been mulling over something. Brittney told Chessie she was going to Courtny's (sp) house when in fact she was heading to Donnie's. Why did she fib to her mom about where she was going? Or did Chessie fib and really she knew where Brittney was going?

Why the fib? Why didn't Brittney want Chessie to know she was going to Donnie's?

:waitasec:

I've been mulling over something. Brittney told Chessie she was going to Courtny's (sp) house when in fact she was heading to Donnie's. Why did she fib to her mom about where she was going? Or did Chessie fib and really she knew where Brittney was going?

Why the fib? Why didn't Brittney want Chessie to know she was going to Donnie's?

:waitasec:

Going out on a limb here but perhaps someone thought it might not be a good idea to hang out with a pedophile uncle who may have also been a drug dealer & was about to go to jail?

Maybe she wanted to get away from her mom for a few days and didn't want to be bothered with questions?

Maybe there was some other family and/or financial drama going on between Brittney & the Hollands and it wouldn't be wise to stir the pot?

Maybe all three possible reasons???

Going out on a limb here but perhaps someone thought it might not be a good idea to hang out with a pedophile uncle who may have also been a drug dealer & was about to go to jail?

Maybe she wanted to get away from her mom for a few days and didn't want to be bothered with questions?

Maybe there was some other family and/or financial drama going on between Brittney & the Hollands and it wouldn't be wise to stir the pot?

Maybe all three possible reasons???

Thank you! Certainly these are possibilities but they all contradict what we've been told. The family was aware of the charges Donnie faced; he'd been under investigation for months. Chessie said Brittney was happy as a lark without a care in the world when she left her house. Drama and financial issues are nothing new to the Wood ladies.

That's why I wonder why the fib that evening. Who fibbed?

TGIF! :seeya:

Thank you! Certainly these are possibilities but they all contradict what we've been told. The family was aware of the charges Donnie faced; he'd been under investigation for months. Chessie said Brittney was happy as a lark without a care in the world when she left her house. Drama and financial issues are nothing new to the Wood ladies.

and... who told us information that contradicts those possibilities? ;)

But if you think about it... why would those possibilities contradict what we were told? She could have very well been happy as a lark and since the family knew about the investigation (charges hadn't been made yet) then perhaps they were in denial (seems to be the SOP) or Britt didn't want to hear from her mom about not being around him?

and perhaps even more likely we have not been told everything... especially not via MSM.

and... who told us information that contradicts those possibilities? ;)

But if you think about it... why would those possibilities contradict what we were told? She could have very well been happy as a lark and since the family knew about the investigation (charges hadn't been made yet) then perhaps they were in denial (seems to be the SOP) or Britt didn't want to hear from her mom about not being around him?

and perhaps even more likely we have not been told everything... especially not via MSM.

Exactly! I think her exit was planned. However it happened, it was not a chance event.

In my opinion, it was Brittney who didn't want her mother to know where she was going that night. It would have been easier for her to say she was staying at a friend's house.

When Chessie realized her daughter was missing, she would have wanted LE to know the last person she was with. If she tried to misdirect them by claiming Brittney was at Courtney's, it would only have been a matter of time before the truth was discovered. I believe any fibbing was done by Brittney, as she didn't want to answer any questions as to the reason why she was meeting with DH. It's also possible that DH asked Brittney to keep it secret.

That says it all, really.

I haven't been back for a while. I went looking on all the links on the media and timeline thread as someone suggested and picked up some nasty stuff on my computer in the process.

DK has already begun the defence we'll see in all these charges, imo.

'DH made me do it.'

Doesn't wash with me. Hope it doesn't wash with the jury.

That's not a legal defense, unless Alabama has a unique law in that regard. Short of DH holding a gun to DK's head and forcing him to do it, the rest of them all still had free will to say no and, if nothing else, a moral obligation to report the attempt to LE. Might have some influence on sentencing, but not on guilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592