Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
idk, nutritionists are always making big strides, and babies are said to be more comfortable running before they can properly walk. Who's to say this baby wasn't fed entirely on super soldier serum?
Probably takes after his trucker father who is super strong. strong enough to pick up a 160 lb, most likely struggling, woman and take off with her including scaling a fence.

Yet... she was only looking to buy a one-way ticket --

Nashville must've held some promise for her.

Just how much money was in that sock, when she set off on her stupidyssey?

Do not forget her iWatch that was in her purse. Who takes off their iWatch and puts in your purse before an abduction? I am sure that when LE saw that, they started to question the whole scenario. If it had been thrown on the ground they might have thought differently. When I read that statement I was like, hmmm really, who would do that. My iwatch is like a lifeline.
When I asked my husband ( former PO) about this case, that was the first thing he qued on...she left all of her tracking devices behind. I know when u come upon a scene u don't always grab ur cell phone. But it all seemed different in this case, more intentional. IMO

Strange to me also is that according to the presser, she doesn't remember if the couple sexually assaulted her. Seems that would warrant a 'rape kit' being performed at the hospital. Drug screen as well. She wasn't at the hospital for very long.

I was curious as to when the Secret Service might get involved in a missing person's case? TIA
I knew a SS agent years ago (I know, weird) and picked his brain about pretty much everything I could think of :)

I learned that LE will often consult their experts (and the expert's tools) in digital retrieval, fraud investigations, etc. So it didn't surprise me to learn that they came on board for Carlee's case. I'm not sure if they mentioned specifically at the presser what role the SS played but my guess would be it had something to do with digital data retrieval.

jmo

i have such sympathy for these parents that part of me wishes this would all go away. But that would be another ‘indulgence’…’bought’ for her by our concern for her parents.

She wanted an Amber alert…she wanted an uproar, massive attention on HER and she got it. She got a nation praying, fixated on HER while her parents went through a god-awful ordeal. And she KNEW how much they loved her and how they would suffer! That is the awful… truly vile…measure of her ‘character.’

Yes, she conned us all. Yes, she used massive public resources at great public expense. Yes, she created a new cynicism that will burden real victims. But it is that heinous abuse of her loving, indulgent PARENTS that infuriates me the most.

Maybe a stint in prison and the burden of working for YEARS to pay restitution will create some appreciation for all the love and indulgence those wonderful parents showered upon her cruel and ungrateful self. Ugh!
I couldn't agree with you more. I am incensed about her actions! She needs to really pay for this, I want her behind bars, in a cell with no a/c, jail food, a cell mate that is living in the real world, no privileges and being watched 24/7 and then I want her doing community service - physical service not money or restitution. She needs to be knocked down and her parents need to have counseling. The world revolving around Carlee needs to stop. They need to get on with their lives and let her earn her own way in life. I am disgusted by her!

I was curious as to when the Secret Service might get involved in a missing person's case? TIA
From @Allabouttrial 's awesome transcript of the presser:

"Detectives continued analysing data from Carlee's cell phone, that was left behind at the scene. We enlisted the help of United States Secret Service in conducting this analysis. Part of that data includes several internet searches, in the days leading up to her disappearance, that I think are very relevant to this case."

Yet... she was only looking to buy a one-way ticket --

Nashville must've held some promise for her.

Just how much money was in that sock, when she set off on her stupidyssey?
That one way ticket... the obvious possibility is that there was something or someone she was running towards in Nashville. But the other possibility that I haven't seen mentioned is maybe that is where she was going to "turn up" after she escaped the "kidnappers". She hadn't planned on it taking off so quickly and suddenly realized that with her face plastered all over every media source known to man that there was no way she wouldn't be spotted. At that point, she was stuck. Just a theory and as always, JMO and all that.

I'm going to also add this: I grew up with a sibling that almost certainly had a PD and disordered thinking. She was very self-centered and agonizingly so. I think she struggled with her mind in that way and didn't understand why no one understood her and vice versa. She was very smart and seemed, at times, to be very capable. But very often her vision was so tunneled that she could never adequately include others in her planning because her mind centered around herself. Often her best laid plans went horribly wrong for this reason and she was often confused and hurt as to why no one appreciated her efforts. She was blind to it all. Because she had this self-centered ego (arrested development?) her plans were often flawed because she failed to factor in the rest of "us" humans. She seemed unable to see others the way she saw herself and conversely could not understand why others did not see her the way she saw herself. She needed constant attention and it did not matter how much you outwardly showed her love, she never felt it and always needed constant reassuring. No one could ever satisfy her. Nothing was ever her fault. This is disordered thinking.

Last edited:
That one way ticket... the obvious possibility is that there was something or someone she was running towards in Nashville. But the other possibility that I haven't seen mentioned is maybe that is where she was going to "turn up" after she escaped the "kidnappers". She hadn't planned on it taking off so quickly and suddenly realized that with her face plastered all over every media source known to man that there was no way she wouldn't be spotted. At that point, she was stuck. Just a theory and as always, JMO and all that.
That's a great thought

How is this woman going to recover? She is now the laughing stock of the Internet. People are being so mean. I get that they are upset. I’m upset. Dozens and dozens of members launch threads or post comments for hundreds of missing people every day that don’t even receive replies. Current and forgotten about missing children, women and men. We keep doing because we care. Lots of us have had family members found missing or dead. It’s the reason many of us continue to do it every single day. This case will not deter me or others from hoping and wanting the missing found safe.

How is this woman going to recover? She is now the laughing stock of the Internet. People are being so mean. I get that they are upset. I’m upset. Dozens and dozens of members launch threads for missing people every day don’t even receive replies. Current and forgotten about missing children, women and men. We keep doing because we care. Lots of us have had family members found missing or dead. It’s the reason many of us continue to do it every single day. This case will not deter me or others from hoping and wanting the missing found safe.
Much of social media is just plain toxic. Just look at Tic Tok and those challenges where people die doing crazy things! And bullying --it is horrible on social media.

How is this woman going to recover? She is now the laughing stock of the Internet. People are being so mean. I get that they are upset. I’m upset. Dozens and dozens of members launch threads for missing people every day don’t even receive replies. Current and forgotten about missing children, women and men. We keep doing because we care. Lots of us have had family members found missing or dead. It’s the reason many of us continue to do it every single day. This case will not deter me or others from hoping and wanting the missing found safe.
Honestly, I think she'll shake it off like water off a duck's back. Even if punished, I think she'll get over it and move on, perhaps even with a haughty laugh. Just the impression I get (which isn't the first impression I had at the beginning).

jmo

Last edited:
This sounds plausible to me. But why steal from her employer, and why involve 911? She could have just voluntarily gone no contact. Adults are allowed to do that. But instead she involved LE and concocted a story that caused undue fears and tensions for countless people. If there was trouble in her relationship, and I don't know if there was, I hope she learns that if her love interest won't commit willingly, he isn't worth her time, truly.

I read on her Twitter feed that he slept with someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jp.52203