Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't agree with you more. I am incensed about her actions! She needs to really pay for this, I want her behind bars, in a cell with no a/c, jail food, a cell mate that is living in the real world, no privileges and being watched 24/7 and then I want her doing community service - physical service not money or restitution. She needs to be knocked down and her parents need to have counseling. The world revolving around Carlee needs to stop. They need to get on with their lives and let her earn her own way in life. I am disgusted by her!
She needs to be charged but I don't know if this will result in jail time. I would love for her to have to pay back the cost of the search. <modsnip - bashing the parents is not allowed>

Last edited by a moderator:

Just in case we start feeling too sorry for Carlee, Aniah really was kidnapped, robbed, and murdered while driving home. Her poor mother was one of the volunteers searching.

As a white mother of a black daughter who leaves for college in a month, I am extremely angry at Carlee at this time. It is not a secret that pretty white blonde girls typically get the most media attention when they go missing. Not trying to be a jerk about it. Just a fact. Now here we have this young, beautiful black woman who goes missing, garnering massive national attention, and it turns out to be a huge hoax. She has done her fellow young black women a huge disservice by creating this mess of a story, potentially harming others who are actually in need of attention to their cases. Just saying.

Well said. I have not seen a single iota of evidence that Carlee has any thoughts or concerns about anyone other than herself.

I don't believe compassion and empathy can be learned. People have it, or don't. Those who don't either learn to manage it and use it to their advantage, or they remain reckless and end up in jail, prison or worse, dead.

I agree. It’s not what was needed. Law enforcement and the public were taking this case very seriously, and it is hurtful in the extreme that it will now be remembered as a criminal scam.

Of course, her race really has nothing to do with anything about the case, but as you state unfortunately this was a rare case of a black girl receiving massive media coverage, and a scam story doesn’t serve other black girls such as your own daughter well at all. Very sad, and anger-provoking. :(:mad:

Imo, what drew people to this case was just how incredibly bizarre the alleged abduction was. For days, all I've been thinking about what compares to her outrageous story was Balloon Boy. Just waaay out there.

Imo, what drew people to this case was just how incredibly bizarre the alleged abduction was. For days, all I've been thinking about what compares to her outrageous story was Balloon Boy. Just waaay out there.
True. I had assumed initially that it was a legitimate story and really wanted the toddler to be safe, and the abductors captured. My belief didn’t last long, though, because reality got in the way.

This case kinda reminded me of the RunawayBride in 2005- Jennifer Wilbanks- She was missing for 3 days-- she didn't want to get married so she ran away. You can google it. I believe she was charged for search efforts. She was charged with making false statements.

She also purchased Cheez-Its and granola bars from Target during her pit stop between work and going missing.
View attachment 436007

They forgot to add the 8:55 pm tweet about God watching out for her.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I'm upset by CR wasting these resources and pulling off a major scam, especially since it's so seldom (wrongly) that missing POC are covered so quickly and intensely by MSM.

She is an adult and I don't think her parents are responsible and shouldn't be held so even financially. They probably truly believed her unfortunately.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
i believe the parents actions now are an attempt to rescue…their child’s future. As a parent myself, i can understand that.

They have built a lovely, secure life for themselves, and like most parents, want to feel their children will have that same life…or better…in the future. Especially when the parent cannot be the source of income or financial security anymore.

She is 25…and still seems to be an very immature adolescent. My guess is that she wants the ‘rich girl’ lifestyie without the parental control. She wants lots and lots of attention and money.Did she think she would get to keep the Go-fund-me’s if the scam worked?

But if one combines the ‘image’ that Carlee created of herself on social media…with these allegations of gross lying, hoaxing, and of cavalier petty theft from her employer, not for NEED, but for a SCAM…the parents have a real challenge to repair her future prospects.

*So, we have ourselves a thieving thief and a lying liar who lies…

She then said the man put her in an 18 wheeler and his unknown female partner fed her cheese crackers.

'She said a man came out of the trees and mumbled that he was checking on the baby, then picked her up and took her over a fence and into a car.

'She says they blindfolded her but didn't tie her up because they didn't want to leave compression marks,' Chief Derzis said.

*my favorite part:
Russell told police the next day she woke up and the woman fed her cheese crackers and played with her hair. bbm
https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/19/us/what-we-know-carlee-russell-alabama/index.html
What a coincidence that she and the woman both had cheese its.

I did get a Computer Science degree. It was back in the IBM Mainframe/COBOL days. Without that degree, I would not have had the ability to work for big telecommunications companies in that field. I later earned my MBA which taught me quite a bit about business and finance. So, I feel that education is the key to success if you apply yourself when you are in school.

My recommendation to kids of today is to work on degrees that can be used in the business world (i.e., business, computer science, engineering, medical). Unless you are going to get a doctorate in Psychology, it probably is hard to get a decent paying job. That's just my opinion.

I'm not sure Carlee really wanted to be a Nurse or if her Psychology degree may have had credits that pushed her in that direction. From her 2020 post, it sounded like she applied to several Nursing programs and was rejected. Do you get rejected because of your grades? What are the requirements for getting into Nursing school?

JMO.
Every nursing program has its own requirements of course but typically:
Complete pre-requisite science courses (anatomy, physiology, chemistry, etc) and general education courses.
Maintain a GPA above 3.0
Take a pre-admission standardized test like the TEAS
Pass a background check and drug screen
Complete all of your immunizations
Round out your application with things like volunteer work, CPR class, work experience
and then......
WAIT. And if the wait gets too long, you may have to re-take science classes older then 5 years, etc. Many, many hurdles to nursing school admission.

I used to direct a nursing program and graduated around 50 per year but also turned away hundreds of fully qualified applicants annually just because we did not have clinical space for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rons211212