Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hallelujah! I did not expect her to be found alive but I am so incredibly grateful that she was. Now let's hope for a peace for her and her family as they all recover from whatever they've been through. If the details are relevant to public knowledge, I'm sure they will be revealed. If not, I hope the public will respect the family's privacy.

It's so wonderful to see a case on Websleuths with a positive outcome!

It’s an odd scenario but I’m not seeing a mental health issue imo.

From a tip, we know there was supposedly another car near her, which supports the foul play theory.

Of course, we never know until we know.
The whole situation is very strange. When she went missing, somehow it hit home. I knew she was going to be found and I hoped when that would happen that she would be safe and alive but now I have questions I guess.

I can't say I'm surprised, even a little. After viewing the traffic cam I figured she left on her own, maybe with help. Why, I do not know. But after seeing the camera video there was really no other plausible outcome.

But I'm glad she's now safe and under medical care, which is the absolute best outcome in this case. I hope she gets the help she needs. My opinions only.

She's been found safe and sound. It's time to rejoice her homecoming, and it's become crickets in here. Where'd all y'all go? Well, at least there's a handful still on here, or maybe everyone is just checking back in at different times and people don't know yet. What a fantastic outcome!! I can't even imagine the rejoicing and tears when her parents opened that front door. May she and her family be blessed with peace, comfort, and support as they journey onward.

But what happened? People were looking for her nationally. Who is the child;Where he/she is right now? What are the circumstances that led to Carlee's disappearance under such weird urcumtances?
It will come out.
MOO her abductors did not realize the national attention she was going to get.

Last edited:
But what happened? People were looking for her nationally. Who is the child;Where he/she is right now? What are the circumstances that led to Carlee's disappearance under such weird urcumtances?
I am happy she is safe. There might not have been a child. Driving at night, most of us have "seen" things. It is also not uncommon for someone under stress, sleep deprived, or mentally strained to see things. She most likely had a break down. I hope she is getting help.

She's been found safe and sound. It's time to rejoice her homecoming, and it's become crickets in here. Where'd all y'all go? Well, at least there's a handful still on here, or maybe everyone is just checking back in at different times and people don't know yet. What a fantastic outcome!! I can't even imagine the rejoicing and tears when her parents opened that front door. May she and her family be blessed with peace, comfort, and support as they journey onward.
I am happy she is safe. There might not have been a child. Driving at night, most of us have "seen" things. It is also not uncommon for someone under stress, sleep deprived, or mentally strained to see things. She most likely had a break down. I hope she is getting help.
I can understand mental health issues and exhaustion. It could be so life detrimental if combined; If this is the case, I so hope she gets all the help and support that she needs!

We may find out what happened at some point or we may not. We aren't owed an explanation.
I don't believe we'll ever find out what truly happened. It seems to be some kind of personal/medical situation and the only follow-up we'll receive is the family asking for privacy. Which is fine, if no criminal action occurred. Which I think is the case. My opinion only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko