AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, faked own abduction, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

"I really wish they had taken action in League City like they did in Alabama early on. We may have some girls that are still alive," he said.
He said he was about to go to Alabama to help search for Carlee Russell when she was found. The case, according to police, appears to be the latest made-up story about a kidnapping.
READ: 'There was no kidnapping' | Police read statement on behalf of Carlee Russell, her attorney
"When we go on these and spend a lot of time and spend a lot of money when it should be going somewhere else, it's disturbing," Miller said.
Miller said that while he will always answer the call, he's concerned about "missing persons fatigue" among volunteers and donors who help fund search and rescue operations.

To be honest though, they didn't find her did they? So even with everyone pouring out support it doesn't mean that it's going to solve the crime.

I for one am very very puzzled why they haven't tracked down where she was staying. She's on camera on the side of the road. She disappears and obviously did not get into a car and was not abducted. The only logical conclusion is that she walked into the woods. (Even if they still thought she was abducted.

The alleged kidnapper would have likely dragged her through the woods and over to the street behind them. So why haven't they been able to track down CCTV or security camers or ring cameras from that neighborhood. She was gone when the cops got there 5 minutes after the 911 call. So that makes a very tiny window for them to have to track. It should be easy.

I personally think she hid out in an vacant home that she knew about because of her mother's real estate job. I also think this is why they are not likely to come forward with where she stayed. It would destroy her mother's career even though she had nothing to do with it.

I found a property that is almost a direct walk from where she pulled over in the car.. *I mapped with but moved it over and deleted the street names. But it's an 8 minute walk from the highway. It also aligns with her bringing toilet paper, a robe and snacks. She probably just intended to hide out in the house overnight and come home.
I think IF this is the case, the public truly has a right to know. It falls under the mantle of safeguards for private property. This is why lockboxes and the process of having access has become so sophisticated in the first place. If there is a weakness in the system, it need to be known because it becomes a safety issue for agents everywhere. Imagine someone who plans to lay in wait for an agent gaining the same access? Definitely should be made public if in fact this is what she did.

To be honest though, they didn't find her did they? So even with everyone pouring out support it doesn't mean that it's going to solve the crime.

I for one am very very puzzled why they haven't tracked down where she was staying. She's on camera on the side of the road. She disappears and obviously did not get into a car and was not abducted. The only logical conclusion is that she walked into the woods. (Even if they still thought she was abducted.

The alleged kidnapper would have likely dragged her through the woods and over to the street behind them. So why haven't they been able to track down CCTV or security camers or ring cameras from that neighborhood. She was gone when the cops got there 5 minutes after the 911 call. So that makes a very tiny window for them to have to track. It should be easy.
Maybe they do know and IMO your theory is the answer. But maybe they feel releasing that info would cause unnecessary collateral damage.

If you have read or watched his story, his point is that in his daughter's case and the many others who were subsequently killed by the same perpetrator had been searched for with this same frenzy and effort, they might have been found sooner and maybe the killer would have been caught before he killed all the other girls. You can't blame him for wondering.

I am very interested in where Carlee was during the search. If she had planned this, and used her Mother's account to access a house for sale in the area, as several of our WS have found...that is very serious. Breaking and entering.
I'm not caught up yet but has the bolded section above been confirmed?

I think IF this is the case, the public truly has a right to know. It falls under the mantle of safeguards for private property. This is why lockboxes and the process of having access has become so sophisticated in the first place. If there is a weakness in the system, it need to be known because it becomes a safety issue for agents everywhere. Imagine someone who plans to lay in wait for an agent gaining the same access? Definitely should be made public if in fact this is what she did.

Yes, there are already famous cases like Lindsay Buziak and Beverly Carter

No. It's just something anyone can see if you are looking to buy a house in an area. You can just google the area she was pulled over in and type the zip code into a search and see a bunch of houses pop up.

Even though some listings might be specific through a broker's office, usually houses are listed in the MLS which means any licensed real estate agent. can have access.

I just think it's the thing that makes the most sense. Because otherwise where did she go? Unless someone picked her up on the other side of the trees it means she had to walk somewhere undetected.

It's all speculation on my part. It also made me think that maybe she was helping her mom set up an open house or something and that's what put the idea in her mind in the first place. Also I think her mother had no involvement at all.

No. It's just something anyone can see if you are looking to buy a house in an area. You can just google the area she was pulled over in and type the zip code into a search and see a bunch of houses pop up.

Even though some listings might be specific through a broker's office, usually houses are listed in the MLS which means any licensed real estate agent. can have access.

I just think it's the thing that makes the most sense. Because otherwise where did she go? Unless someone picked her up on the other side of the trees it means she had to walk somewhere undetected.

It's all speculation on my part. It also made me think that maybe she was helping her mom set up an open house or something and that's what put the idea in her mind in the first place. Also I think her mother had no involvement at all.
I suppose depending on how far ahead she planned this (we know some of the searches were at least 2 days prior to her disappearing herself) it's possible she roped a friend into helping her out with picking her up and a place to stay for a couple of days. Her phone data will reveal everyone she called and/or texted in the days leading up to this, and I suspect that's a huge part of this ongoing investigation.

From all we know about this young lady, she doesn't strike me as the type to go all off-grid by herself & a box of cheez-its.
I'm fairly certain she had help, and was not alone those 2 days.

jmo

No, but several people found a house for sale less than 1/4 mile from Carlee's car parked. Her mother is a real estate agent, who may have an access code to show the house.

I would be interested if Carlee had stayed there during her fake abduction.

I suppose depending on how far ahead she planned this (we know some of the searches were at least 2 days prior to her disappearing herself) it's possible she roped a friend into helping her out with picking her up and a place to stay for a couple of days. Her phone data will reveal everyone she called and/or texted in the days leading up to this, and I suspect that's a huge part of this ongoing investigation.

From all we know about this young lady, she doesn't strike me as the type to go all off-grid by herself & a box of cheez-its.
I'm fairly certain she had help, and was not alone those 2 days.

jmo

I don't know. I am not sure where she stayed but I don't think she had help. If she did she would have seen it blow up and immediately come home. I can't see someone letting it go so global so quickly.

She could have come home the first day late and just say the it was some crazy drug addict family. Her story doesn't add up and frankly if someone was helping her I think they'd help her come up with a better story.

There are thousands of people who are missing whose families would beg for 1/10 of the attention that this "missing" woman in Alabama received. Now, she admits it was a HOAX! Really? She should be put in jail for the maximum possible term and forced to pay restitution in the full amount.

I understand people go through things, but lying about a child being on the road, then calling 9-11, and coming home 49 hours later, with some bullcrap story about being kidnapped goes above and beyond "going through a crisis."

Yes, she needs mental health counseling. However, she should have to experience what a real family of a missing person goes through. She should have to see the pain they face every day because they can't get the media attention that is needed to help bring their loved one home.

I know she is a nurse or training to be a nurse but, if I were a patient where she would be working as a nurse, I would find somewhere else to go. I would not trust her to read a medical chart right, nor would I entrust anyone's health to her.

This is just my opinion. I am NOT bullying her. Just stating things how I see them.
I agree. When her attorney said, “she knows she made a mistake”, I felt it was insult to injury for those who have missing loved ones who will never return.

There was considerable premeditation involved here, and a description of an endangered juvenile and a male abductor given to authorities—-and all of that goes far and beyond any “mistake” that a grown educated woman could make.

I don't know. I am not sure where she stayed but I don't think she had help. If she did she would have seen it blow up and immediately come home. I can't see someone letting it go so global so quickly.

She could have come home the first day late and just say the it was some crazy drug addict family. Her story doesn't add up and frankly if someone was helping her I think they'd help her come up with a better story.
Not really directed at you but just sort of bouncing off your post, there are some questions that just don't add up (of course they don't, because it's this case).

If she didn't have help and didn't stay in a hotel, what did she eat for 2 days and how did she obtain it?
Did she order take out and pay with cash she stole from the Spa?
Since she ditched her phone near her car, how did she place the take out orders?
Does she have a second phone & did she have it with her for those 2 days?
Or did she make another stop after ditching her car & phone and buy some groceries she took with her to this currently unknown location?

When I start wondering how she sustained herself those 2 days, it just makes more sense that someone was helping her.

jmo

Not really directed at you but just sort of bouncing off your post, there are some questions that just don't add up (of course they don't, because it's this case).

If she didn't have help and didn't stay in a hotel, what did she eat for 2 days and how did she obtain it?
Did she order take out and pay with cash she stole from the Spa?
Since she ditched her phone near her car, how did she place the take out orders?
Does she have a second phone & did she have it with her for those 2 days?
Or did she make another stop after ditching her car & phone and buy some groceries she took with her to this currently unknown location?

When I start wondering how she sustained herself those 2 days, it just makes more sense that someone was helping her.

jmo
It does, yes.
It’s possible her attorney told her to stick to the idea that she acted alone in an attempt to contain the situation and do damage control.
Of course that’s dishonest in the extreme if this is the actual situation.

Last edited:

how many missing cases tho have you seen involve the secret service !! and all the others
the amount of response was something else ..if this was a movie plot you would call it ( unbeilevable )

Here is another one similar of a black woman missing, found 2023 Mercedes with phone. This morning was the very first time I've heard about this case.
Started thread..

"There was no kidnapping on Thursday, July 13, 2023. My client did not see a baby on the side of the road. My client did not leave the Hoover area when she was identified as a missing person. My client did not have any help in this incident — this was a single act done by herself. My client was not with anyone or any hotel with anyone from the time she was missing. My client apologizes for her actions to this community, the volunteers who were searching for her, to the Hoover Police Department and other agencies as well and to her friends and family. We ask for your prayers for Carlee as she addresses her issues and attempts to move forward, understanding that she made a mistake in this matter."
'There was no kidnapping': Carlee Russell's attorney gives statement after suspicious disappearance

MOO here statement is basically:

Oopsy. I lied. about everything. No babies were harmed in the performance of this hoax and none were ever in danger. I was right here the whole time. Nobody helped me, nothing to see here. I wasn't at a hotel with anyone. Sorry 'bout all the trouble. Please pray for me while I address my lying issues. I just want to keep it movin, again - oopsy. Jut a mistake.

One thing I noticed, this sentence here: My client was not with anyone or any hotel with anyone from the time she was missing.

Doesn't exactly say she wasn't at a hotel at any point during her missing hours. Only says she wasn't at one "with anyone"

Carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member