Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, cap murder chg, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22*Reward*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I heard it, at the press conference, the video was a couple of blocks from where the patrol car was found. They didn’t get out of the car there, so there wasn’t any way to see if he was still cuffed.

Am I mistaken?
I will recheck, but it sounded like he was asked specifically if Casey got out of the front or back and his response was that it wasn't clear. Maybe the question was whether he was in the front or back. The questions were hard to make out at times since they didn't have a microphone.

I am with you. I don't even believe he saw the surveillance he mentioned. He couldn't say whether Casey got out of the back or front of the car or whether he was still cuffed. That being the only video of them after they left you would think he would remember it better.

And here we are on Day 4 and they are still reviewing jail video and phone logs to see if Vicki and Casey talked a lot before the escape? The guys doing the investigation just haven't told him anything yet.
I like how he continues to refuse accountability. "We had a strict policy in place; the question is why Director White violated that policy." No, Mr. Sheriff, the question is why were you not enforcing those policies at your jail? Instead of simply throwing Director White under the bus all by herself this sheriff needs to take responsibility for creating the conditions that allowed an employee to plan and carry out the escape of an extremely dangerous inmate and then not even noticing for 6 hours that an escape had even taken place. That's a system failure, not the failure of one person.

An apology would be nice, too, for putting all the rest of us in danger from these two. And then step down and let someone competent take over.

My own PO'd opinion.

Am I missing something? Wouldn’t one of the first things you would do is alert Canada Border Service and the Mexico Border service?

Honestly, I don’t think they’d come to Canada. VW’s talk of living on a Beach would lead me to think Mexico. These two could be long gone.

CW is NOT going back to prison. I don’t believe he will be taken alive.

VW? SMH.

The relationship is not going to be the same on the outside as it was on the inside. There’s been a huge power shift. She has NO control and he’s got it all. The roles are now reversed.

VW might be realizing the catastrophic error she has made by now. He won’t keep her around if things are not going well. VW is in extreme danger and so are any LE who cross their path.

If VW truly assisted, as they seem to think she has, she has thrown her life away on a good for nothing murderer.

MOO

The way I heard it, at the press conference, the video was a couple of blocks from where the patrol car was found. They didn’t get out of the car there, so there wasn’t any way to see if he was still cuffed.

Am I mistaken?
I will recheck, but it sounded like he was asked specifically if Casey got out of the front or back and his response was that it wasn't clear. Maybe the question was whether he was in the front or back. The questions were hard to make out at times since they didn't have a microphone.
Ok, so I think we are even more committed to our most likely scenario that she actively planned to voluntarily run off with him.

I am curious if there is any way their last names play to their advantage. Her ex just died in January of this year for example (which could’ve induced a mental breaking point) and she was said to visit him during the end of his life. Any chance she has paperwork that could allow her to pass off this man as her husband, Tommy White? I recognize an ID with a height on it wouldn’t work. But an old marriage license and her ID card plus a SS card or other doc with the name of a male with the last name White might get them a little ways.

Clearly just speculating bc my brain just scans everything we know for possibilities large and small.
Speculating is healthy.

They have a warrant out for Vicki White as well now, so if that was their plan it won't get them very far.

Am I missing something? Wouldn’t one of the first things you would do is alert Canada Border Service and the Mexico Border service?

Honestly, I don’t think they’d come to Canada. VW’s talk of living on a Beach would lead me to think Mexico. These two could be long gone.

CW is NOT going back to prison. I don’t believe he will be taken alive.

VW? SMH.

The relationship is not going to be the same on the outside as it was on the inside. There’s been a huge power shift. She has NO control and he’s got it all. The roles are now reversed.

VW might be realizing the catastrophic error she has made by now. He won’t keep her around if things are not going well. VW is in extreme danger and so are any LE who cross their path.

If VW truly assisted, as they seem to think she has, she has thrown her life away on a good for nothing murderer.

MOO

Also, potentially Cuba. She may not even be alive to experience regret at this point.:(

Also, potentially Cuba. She may not even be alive to experience regret at this point.:(
This guy isn't going to blend in anywhere. His size, useful in his criminal career, is now his major problem. You can shave your head, wear a wig, wear a mask and all kinds of things to disguise your identity. But his height is going to draw immediate attention anywhere he goes. There is no changing that.

He's going to have to continue to remain completely out of sight. He might be out of actual prison but he's now in a different kind of prison. A prison of his own making and why VW would choose to join him there is just baffling to me. jmo

This guy isn't going to blend in anywhere. His size, useful in his criminal career, is now his major problem. You can shave your head, wear a wig, wear a mask and all kinds of things to disguise your identity. But his height is going to draw immediate attention anywhere he goes. There is no changing that.

Unless he's in a wheelchair...

If she's been an employee for 25 years, she was there. when he was there the first time, plotting his last escape.

LE should be review records from that timeframe.

JMO
My guess is they remained in contact after he was sent back to the prison in Oct 2020, plotting this escape that entire time. They need to look at his communication/visitor records at William E. Donaldson Correctional Facility going back to his arrival there in Apr 2019. I would not be surprised to see her on his visitor or call list. jmo

Thomas Edward White

Family of Alabama jail officer who 'helped an inmate escape' says she wouldn't have gone willingly | Daily Mail Online

Frances, 88, says Vicky was married to her son Tommy White more than 16 years ago for about two to three years, eventually leaving him when his drug problems got bad.

'I read it in the paper this morning,' she told DailyMail.com on Sunday afternoon. 'She left with that man. I said, "I can't see her doing that. She wasn't that kind of person.'

Vicky and Tommy were married for about three years, Frances said, raising cattle on a farm right across the street from her home.

'She raised baby cows and stuff, and she worked hard,' Frances said.

She added that Vicky remained close with her and her son even after the divorce. Tommy died in January after struggles with Parkinson's Disease.

'Before my son got to where he couldn't drive, Vicky would always - she would come out to the car and help him in.

'We still was really good friends. She was a really sweet person,' Frances said.

**Thomas White passed away in January 2022. She put her house up for sale in February. The loss of her ex might also have been the catalyst for her wanting to retire and go to the beach. She had been divorced for a long time but remained close to her ex and his mother. She was probably still grieving, for her ex, when Casey was transferred, in February, and he might have taken advantage of that.

Easier to spot two people together than if it’s just one person.

Everyone is looking for a couple not just a tall guy. VW, by this point, has potentially served her purpose. She could be less of an asset and more so a liability at this point.

Make no mistake; this is all about CW. He only cares about himself. He’s not going to put his freedom at risk to protect VW.

MOO

Well.....
The PC, I don't have much to say...
Would Vicki have been privy to the fact that there was no action on controlling the borders?

As for "the beach", did she express this desire a while back before this escape scheme was concocted? If she was such a thorough planner, she should have stated that her retirement dream was living in the mountains.
Maybe they ARE in the mountains.

As for his height.....made me think of a recent visit I had from my Dutch cousin's kid and gf. Had met them for the first time.
She is 6 '2" and he is 6' 5". Everyone in The Netherlands is over 6 feet......except me lol at 5' 6".
CW would blend in. Winter weather is a drag though.

Vicky White, who had been with the department for 17 years, had talked about retiring for the last three years and moving to the beach, Singleton said. Friday – the day she disappeared – was scheduled to be her last day on the job. Though her retirement papers had not been filed in the state retirement system pending an exit interview with a personnel director, the sheriff said White probably had access to some cash from the recent sale of her home.

Arrest warrant issued for missing Alabama corrections officer in murder suspect's escape

No mental evaluation was scheduled for Friday and Casey White was never dropped off at the courthouse, Singleton said. Vicky White didn't make it to the location where she said she was going to seek medical attention.
Her vehicle, a 2013 Ford Taurus patrol car, was spotted in a shopping center parking lot around 11 a.m. Friday by someone who was on a lunch break, Singleton said.

Alabama authorities searching for an inmate and the corrections officer who removed him from jail - CNN

Surprised it took this long to issue arrest warrant for her.

Jmo

Class C Felony in Alabama:

(3) For a Class C felony, not more than 10 years or less than 1 year and 1 day and must be in accordance with subsection (b) of Section 15-18-8 unless sentencing is pursuant to Section 13A-5-9.

So she'll serve at least 1 year, possibly 10. And for what? She could be lying on a beach right now, benefits intact, enjoying a leisurely life. Instead she has lost everything and is on the run with a dangerous criminal, wanted by the USMS, FBI, ATF, and the Secret Service. All for a man? And a violently criminal man at that. Egads.

Alabama Code Title 13A. Criminal Code § 13A-5-6 | FindLaw

Thank you!

Okay, the part I wanted to check starts at about 4:45

Q: What was the interaction between the two in that surveillance video that you saw?

A: Actually the surveillance video was not clear—was from a distance and really couldn’t make out any individuals per se, but we definitely know it was the patrol car.

Q: Was he seated in the back of the patrol car or the front?

A: From the video footage we have, we can’t tell, but I’m sure he was probably in the back. He was in the back when he left the jail, to stop on the side of the road, all of those roads are heavily traveled, someone would have seen something and suspected something, I think, so we’re assuming he remained in the back seat till they arrived at the parking lot.

———-
at least, that’s the way I hear it. He’d said earlier that the timeline, from when they left the jail to when the surveillance camera saw them, didn’t leave any room for deviation from the route.

Last edited:
Easier to spot two people together than if it’s just one person.

Everyone is looking for a couple not just a tall guy. VW, by this point, has potentially served her purpose. She could be less of an asset and more so a liability at this point.

Make no mistake; this is all about CW. He only cares about himself. He’s not going to put his freedom at risk to protect VW.

MOO
He is going to stand out on his own. Anyone who sees a really tall man is going to take a closer look at him. He will not be able to get gas or buy food without being noticed by someone. She can change her appearance and go unnoticed for awhile. With a wig, glasses, and a hat, nobody would recognize her. Unless, he is somewhere, with months of supplies, he is going to need her or someone to resupply him with necessities.

He's going to have to continue to remain completely out of sight. He might be out of actual prison but he's now in a different kind of prison. A prison of his own making and why VW would choose to join him there is just baffling to me. jmo
Agreed. If she didn’t move him across a border or somewhere remote in the first 24 hours, it’ll be next to impossible to do so without drawing attention now. Wherever they are, if he doesn’t stay inside, someone will notice him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member