Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White (Deceased), CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed the presser but am gleaning what I can from all your comments.

I was sure they hadn't been legally married. Marriage is a legal contract. If they'd had a wedding prior to the escape, that would've involved a license and a religious or other authority to come to the jail and perform the wedding. Which would have required all kinds of paperwork and permission from the jail. And people noticing that a ceremony of some type was taking place in his cell.

In another world it would be endearing for him to call her his "wife" upon capture. Not quite so endearing when she's mortally wounded inside the wrecked car, ostensibly by her own hand (which I do believe). And of course, Casey lives to see another day. It's all about Casey.

I think he tossed out "wife" in a feeble attempt to be her heir or somehow confuse the Marshalls. Or a spineless attempt at eliciting some sympathy for himself.

I am considerably unsurprised that he is described as having no remorse for her death. She was the key to his lock, literally and figuratively. Now that key is dead. He's going to be locked up again. I'll bet his mind is already churning out plans for how to get out in the future.

I deeply admire LE for executing the plan to perfection in avoiding a shootout with this thuggish creep. No LE or innocent civilian deaths.

I'm sorry she's dead because it was a brutish plan that didn't end up the way only she imagined it would. She could have had any future she wanted. But she was 100% behind loosing a murderer upon the world. If she was lonely, sorry but there are maybe 1000 other ventures she could've undertaken to alleviate that.

Moo

Reading news coverage this morning, I now see that I was giving VW too much credit before for having a specific plan to lay low and try to start over in a new life. I think it's safe to say they never got beyond the initial "Bonnie and Clyde" mentality. It sounds like Vicky did some planning but also made impulsive choices and got lucky because of her law enforcement background. Really glad they never got to use that weapons cache.

dbm

I don't think life insurance policies cover suicide, if that is determined to be the cause of death.

Life insurance not covering suicide is one of those persistent semi-myths. Privately purchased life insurance for a large payout will usually have a suicide provision that allows the insurance company to decline the claim if the covered individual commits suicide within the first year or two of coverage.

But other policies, especially employer provided policies with low pay out amounts meant to cover funeral expenses etc often do not require a waiting period before suicide is also covered. I'm sure you can get low benefit private life insurance as well that pays out for any death of the covered person. But I think the suicide provision requiring a year or two exclusion for suicide is always going to be there for high dollar life insurance policies, to prevent someone from taking out a million dollar policy and offing themselves a month later.

I would think if VW had life insurance still in effect through her union it would pay out, either because it never had a suicide exclusion or she's had the policy long enough to be outside the suicide exclusion period.

It's more likely auxiliary life insurance from her union would still be in effect vs the low dollar payout employer paid policy she also likely had from the sheriff's department--that probably ended on her last day of employment. Tho it's possible due to premium schedules or whatever it carried over with her for some period of time post-employment.

And of course if she had any personally purchased private life insurance that would be in effect. Whether or not it covered suicide would depend on the type of policy and how long she had it if it was a high-dollar policy with a suicide exclusion waiting period.

NO, not the guy in the pink shirt. That is CW. I am referring to the guy who ran the car wash and turned in the info that most likely led to their capture. He has no tats and gang affiliations, and should get a large portion, if not all of the reward money. JMO

Yes I was referring to CW with tats etc. i will find it but HE supposedly had gang ties here in Alabama.

The car wash dude. Man he just hit the lottery with his ID of them!

I understand how many things could be misunderstood during a chase and immediately afterwards. Even if they had her on a 911 call she was probably scattered or even hysterical. I doubt that what she said was easy to understand during the call — perhaps they will release the actual call to the public. If they have I haven’t heard it.

Jmo
I heard the call, but it can't be discussed on this thread since it was a scanner audio. It maybe in The Parking Lot forum.

I was sure they hadn't been legally married. Marriage is a legal contract. If they'd had a wedding prior to the escape, that would've involved a license and a religious or other authority to come to the jail and perform the wedding. Which would have required all kinds of paperwork and permission from the jail. And people noticing that a ceremony of some type was taking place in his cell.

In another world it would be endearing for him to call her his "wife" upon capture. Not quite so endearing when she's mortally wounded inside the wrecked car, ostensibly by her own hand (which I do believe). And of course, Casey lives to see another day. It's all about Casey.

I think he tossed out "wife" in a feeble attempt to be her heir or somehow confuse the Marshalls. Or a spineless attempt at eliciting some sympathy for himself.

I am considerably unsurprised that he is described as having no remorse for her death. She was the key to his lock, literally and figuratively. Now that key is dead. He's going to be locked up again. I'll bet his mind is already churning out plans for how to get out in the future.

I deeply admire LE for executing the plan to perfection in avoiding a shootout with this thuggish creep. No LE or innocent civilian deaths.

I'm sorry she's dead because it was a brutish plan that didn't end up the way only she imagined it would. She could have had any future she wanted. But she was 100% behind loosing a murderer upon the world. If she was lonely, sorry but there are maybe 1000 other ventures she could've undertaken to alleviate that.

Moo
In her last earthly moments she killed herself. Thinking only of herself.

Moo
Good point; it was only a little over a week ago, that she potentially had a bright retirement ahead of her. Savings, a very solid pension, a home, an unblemished work record with commendations, even. She could have had a nice life: international travel, whatever she wanted. But instead of going for that, she chose to make a series of decisions, that cut her life short within a week. Wow. That's really sad.

I wonder what that "dark side" was about, that the former co-worker they interviewed mentioned? Where/how did a "dark side" develop? Had she had a rough childhood? Was it the stress of working in LE and the prison system? We'll probably never know, unless her mother says something. Her mother must be in total grief and confusion right now.

A psychosis simulation which sounded as bizarre as this one sounded with little instruction and overall supervision is very unwise MOO. Not knowing Vicki's state of mind at that given time, we can't say without being a doctor AND speaking to Vicki what, if any, way it affected her.

Oh I agree with that. None of us can say it didn't affect her, but that speaks more to emotional consequences rather than psychological ones. In other words, being engaged in a psychosis simulation won't cause one to become psychotic or mentally ill, though learning more about any topic can affect someone emotionally. This is true of child abuse seminars, addiction seminars, etc. So maybe it had a profound affect on her level of sympathy toward him; there's no way to know for sure. I just think society is quick to jump on the mental illness boat whenever people do something that we'd consider abnormal, but sometimes people just do bad things without being mentally ill.

IMO he would be better off not speculating on events he has no knowledge of. Perhaps he is still remembering the person he thought he knew and trying to put more gentle spin on her actions.
His ill-informed comments will cause Vicky's loved ones unknown stress at a time when they are reeling. He should take a seat immediately. There is no excuse for his reckless speculation.

Hmm. Interesting. The manager at the motel they were staying at said that he never actually saw them and said that it's possible someone checked in for them.

Now it's very possible he is lying but also possible they indeed had some help.

Such a resonant post. It interests me. I am a mother of three gorgeous daughters and I hope for more for them than a thrown away career and a romance with an inmate. That said … that mother watched her daughter nurse a terminally ill ex for years, live a life alone, and by her own account this daughter was all stoic. I think I could find some solace in the idea that my daughter felt and she made her last set of decisions, even if prematurely passed, even if her taste in men was atrocious, and even if it meant I was alone for longer and felt personal confusion. The idea that my daughter felt and made some autonomous choices toward the end I think might be enough to carry me out of despair. I post this inviting real discussion on this topic.
I think I get what you’re saying but if VW were my daughter, the notion that she’d helped free someone who was bent on killing again would be hard to get over.

This may be frowned upon, but the saddest part of this whole thing to me, is hearing in the press conference that he had no remorse for her death.

I doubt a 6' 9" career criminal with his history of violent crimes would be showing remorse to the LE who apprehended him, especially given the prison culture he has lived in for so long.

Regardless of what she did, it saddens me that someone lost their life last night. Not only are Vicky's family and friends mourning her loss, they also have many questions that will likely remain unanswered. I hope Casey never sees the light of day again. I am also hopeful that Casey's ex-girlfriend can receive justice if it turns out her death was not as it seemed. RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DryHeat77