AL AL - Chris Lirette, 27, Brewton, 19 August 1977

We keep cases up on Porchlight until a body is found. When possible, we also post a photo comparison when a Doe case is identified.

I believe they only take them off if a body is recovered. There are lots of cases on missing persons' sites where someone has been convicted of or confessed to murdering the missing person, yet that person has not been recovered. I think for many families, final closure will only come for them if they are able to bring their loved one home for a proper burial. I would never want to deny that possibility to anyone. I think it's good that they keep them up there so comparisons can be made to the UIDs that are found.

I think it's a good thing too. I was just wondering if they would update cases as they got more information. Umm I hope I don't get blasted for this but I was just thinking it would be a way to verify what the poster from the family was saying. I think it was very nice of her to post here and let us know, I just like to be sure.

Hello,My name is Michelle and I am the daughter of Noel "Chirs" Lirette.
I noticed that the spouse of my cousin posted info on here that was not entirely correct. She stated that someone was was found dead in the truck in Texas in 1977. That did not happen. We had the case opened in 2003, and finally dectectives were able to speak to the person that was found in the truck. Also , when the detectives talked to the man found in the truck in 2007 he did not fully confess. He spoke in circles and told us some things in a around about way so that we would get the idea, but he did not fully confess. We did have a memorial for my dad because we could go no farther with the case. and I am happy to say that his DNA is in the CODAS system, and my dad can now be identified if remains are ever found. We did not have that before and that brough some comfort. We did everything we could and for the most part have laid it to rest. I however did not appreciate someone tampering with this that did not know all the facts like TNGirl1967 did. She may have meant well, but I want the facts to stay the facts. We his children are done with trying to solve this, but we have no problem with giving answers to any person interested in taking this up, because we will never stop hoping intil the day we die to get the answeres we need. Also TNGirl1967 said the man found in the truck in 1977 was terminal. He was not terminal, he was just very sick at the time. I do not know if he is still alive but he was as of the time of our memorial.

Chris has been missing 33 years today. Come home soon.

It's been 37 years since this strange disappearance. There are things that I don't understand: Was the man inside the truck alive or dead? if the truck was crashed nearby, were there any witnesses?

I noticed that the spouse of my cousin posted info on here that was not entirely correct. She stated that someone was was found dead in the truck in Texas in 1977. That did not happen. We had the case opened in 2003, and finally dectectives were able to speak to the person that was found in the truck. Also , when the detectives talked to the man found in the truck in 2007 he did not fully confess. He spoke in circles and told us some things in a around about way so that we would get the idea, but he did not fully confess. We did have a memorial for my dad because we could go no farther with the case. and I am happy to say that his DNA is in the CODAS system, and my dad can now be identified if remains are ever found. We did not have that before and that brough some comfort. We did everything we could and for the most part have laid it to rest. I however did not appreciate someone tampering with this that did not know all the facts like TNGirl1967 did. She may have meant well, but I want the facts to stay the facts. We his children are done with trying to solve this, but we have no problem with giving answers to any person interested in taking this up, because we will never stop hoping intil the day we die to get the answeres we need. Also TNGirl1967 said the man found in the truck in 1977 was terminal. He was not terminal, he was just very sick at the time. I do not know if he is still alive but he was as of the time of our memorial.
Do you still follow this forum? I wanted to ask you a few things

A new case added to NamUs, DNA pending: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/15196

Did you turn this one in? I know the age range is off, but everything else matches or is very close. 5'10 (70 inches) vs. an estimated 71 inches, dark blonde hair vs. brown hairs recovered, location is consistent, and to my untrained eyes both the UID and Litrette have a similar long facial structure.

No, I didn't turn it in. I usually don't submit new cases because the DNA is supposed to automatically run against known profiles, so if it's a match, it should pick it up. I used to submit them, but that was the (paraphrased) answer I kept getting from the NamUs reps. It can take some time to get an official rule out.

Ah, ok. Thanks! I was was wondering why Litrette would have a hat from Arab which is in the northern part of the state, while the town he was last seen is in the southern part of the state and he was evidently returning the truck that was later found in Texas, to New Orleans where he was based out of.

Arab to Birmingham is not that far Arab to Brewton is very far. As my earlier post the area he was found is an industrial area. The area was just starting to build there in the mid 80's. Industrial trade and a transport service go hand in hand.

Cap "Arab Cartage Express Company, Arab, Alabama" and a print of a tractor-trailer truck.

Thank you for the update and I am very sorry about your family's ongoing situation. It has got to be tough on all of you.
I think about your father often. This one has always called to me. Not sure why.
It has been years since the last update? Anything new you can share?
Please tell me to kick rocks if I am overstepping.
Respectfully X

incredible story poor chris I have the impression that he acted as a good samaritan, he took a person with him and this person acted violently against him ... hopefully one day his body will be found

FTR - I'm NOT saying she's NOT who she says she is... but she is a 1-Hit-Poster who just stopped by to say "the person with the most information is totally wrong & needs to mind her business" & "We kids are done trying to solve our father's case".
(weird how she must have found this thread by Googling something she claims to not be interested in anymore, then created an account, posted one long message, and was never heard from again... right?)

IDK - after starting this thread 16 years ago (lost that log-in) and re-reading it as an older, wiser gentleman... It set off a few warning lights that young Redsox might have looked past.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyhen
Back