GUILTY AL - Hiawayi Robinson, 8, Prichard, 16 September 2014

People won't ever understand how the Amber Alert works. But since info is needed before it's issued, then something else needs to be done when that info is not there. A plain old missing child alert is needed. I hope there is justice for this child soon. Somebody knows the who and why, and maybe their own illegal behaviors is keeping them from telling.

I got an emailed Missing Child Alert for Hiawayi and a text from a local LE reporting system I subscribe to within hours after she went missing. I'm in northern AL, so it must have been statewide. So something is in place, but I'm not sure what and it doesn't seem standard.

I check several times daily here hoping to see "Arrest". Hoping the lack of info means they are getting their case together.

I got a missing child alert also in Pensacola. I wish every place would do that in the absence of enough info for an Amber Alert.

I got an emailed Missing Child Alert for Hiawayi and a text from a local LE reporting system I subscribe to within hours after she went missing. I'm in northern AL, so it must have been statewide. So something is in place, but I'm not sure what and it doesn't seem standard.

I check several times daily here hoping to see "Arrest". Hoping the lack of info means they are getting their case together.

I think what might help overcome the misinformation about the Amber Alert is for Hiawayi's case to be one to educate the public regarding the ways to sign up for these alerts. Nothing out there has come close to the public's awareness of the Amber Alert.

In a way similiarly to how many people call facial tissue Kleenex, people assume the Amber Alert covers every missing child. It does not. But people are not going to understand the difference unless they are made aware of the alerts which can be signed up for. Text alerts, reverse 911 alerts, and whatever other alerts the state of Alabama offers.

The same locals who were confused about the lack of an Amber Alert need to get the ministers in the area to educate the community on how to become aware of missing child alerts.

Another law, with another name, isn't going to change anything. There almost seems to be too many out there already. They need to be educated on how to sign up to receive the alerts already available.

Do Prichard and Mobile offer reverse 911 calls? We have that here and everyone with a published telephone number is automatically called. Those with non published numbers can email the local police and request their non published number be added.

Climbing up on my soapbox: We (society) can tweak change finagle promote and over discuss amber alerts as much as we want but when the people responsible for caring for an eight-year-old girl don't see her for hours and don't bother to ask anybody where she is that's where the problem of public notification and awareness starts. Sure, if Amber alerts actually work this way one could've been sent out within minutes of when she was reported missing – the bottom line is she wasn't reported missing for hours. An eight-year-old baby girl. Hours.

Stepping down now…

Climbing up on my soapbox: We (society) can tweak change finagle promote and over discuss amber alerts as much as we want but when the people responsible for caring for an eight-year-old girl don't see her for hours and don't bother to ask anybody where she is that's where the problem of public notification and awareness starts. Sure, if Amber alerts actually work this way one could've been sent out within minutes of when she was reported missing – the bottom line is she wasn't reported missing for hours. An eight-year-old baby girl. Hours.

Stepping down now…

Respectfully, the above is an obvious. However the newscasters (in video's linked upthread) stated they did not know the difference between an amber alert and a missing child alert.

If the newscasters don't understand the difference, clearly there is a enormous gap in educating the public.

And we didn't just see the amber alert confusion in this case. I'd guess we see it in better of 90% of missing child cases. I'd rather see the media educating the public rather than adding in their ignorance surrounding the different types of alerts. Which, imo, is really more important than yet another law attached to a victims name.

I get it Cubby. This case just makes me sad. I am a relatively poor single mom and I give my 8 and 9 year old a lot of freedom but I always, always know where they are :(

I hope we get something from LE this week! It seems too long. :(

first, this is my first post. I've loved and visited the site most frequently in the last 2 or 3 years but never made an account.. But, figured this was the best time to do it as I live locally to the situation. I live in Gulf Shores Alabama, maybe about 35 to 45 minutes away. And this is a pretty close knit area. There are a lot of people I know who have friends, and family in Mobile Alabama. I myself do as well. You would absolutely not believe the amount, as well as the instanity of the some of the rumors circulating this investigation, and this little girl. I'm watching the local news right now, and apparently today there were rumors that at 12: 00 pm there would be an arrest in this case.so, between 15 and 25 peoplestood outside mobile Metro jail today waiting to see who they we're going to bring in. Around 3:30 p.m.though a representative, I believe it was a sheriff, came out to tell everyone that there were no arrests being made. And they were still in investigating, and there were never any plans having a rest today. It's heartbreaking, the FB I and local law enforcement have been extraordinarily tight lipped about this case. There is barely anything being released about the murderer, or the investigation itself.I completely understand and a lot of cases that are on going and being investigated its sometimes not only necessary, but extremely crucial for information, suspects, evidence etc...isn't this close to the public for reasons. But I have never seen a case where they literally will not say anything about what's going on. the only thing that's been asked of people is if they know anything to please come forward, and call. It almost makes me feel as if they know possibly who is responsible but are probably in the final stages of the investigation, just making sure they have all their ducks in a row before making an arrest..all I know, is what I've seen in the area this person, or persons better hope the police get to them before Prichard does.reasonably these people our stirtup, amped up and want justice for this sweet girl.whether it be illegal type of justice, or street justice.I just pray that this person is brought to justice. It absolutely makes me sick to think of the horror that child probably felt and went through the last few minutes of her life.you're no kind of person to murder anyone, but a child? I'm not even sure you're human.

Ashleyxoxo, well said. While I no longer live in Mobile, I maintain some pretty close ties with family and friends there. My FB page has been flooded with rumors and speculation all day. I'm actually appreciative LE is taking their time and doing a thorough investigation. LE does not have any room for mistakes!! I have hoped and prayed for swift justice in this case because the community will not accept any less.

I get it Cubby. This case just makes me sad. I am a relatively poor single mom and I give my 8 and 9 year old a lot of freedom but I always, always know where they are :(

You and me both. I'm an SP with one. About a week ago he went into a friends home without telling me. I about freaked. I was nearly in tears and found him by knocking on the doors of his friends homes. Boy was he in trouble for not telling me first. I know these families, so I almost always say yes. But he needs to ask/tell me first.

I don't know where the confusion lies in this case, LE is keeping that info close to the vest. I just keep praying for an arrest. Though, I think we won't hear about a POI or suspect until an arrest or charges are filed.

This case was on JVM tonight. I'm glad to see it was in the media. I disagreed with quite a bit the "Lion's Den" had to say but at least the case is getting exposure and hopefully someone will come forth with some information about Haiwayi's whereabouts that afternoon.

You are not forgotten Hiawayi . Praying they get the person/s who did this to you soon. I truly believe that you are happy and healthy in Heaven right now; HOWEVER, that does not mean that it is OK that you were not allowed to live out the full number of your days on earth and whoever did this to you will pay, one way or another.

Poor baby girl. :( I hate seeing these beautiful children stolen from the world. They have so much to offer us all if just given the chance. God bless Hiawayi.

I really thought this case was going to be solved quickly. Now I am very confused. We still don't know anything about who was watching her after school, or her timeline. So heartbreaking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cashmeoutside
Back