AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just spoke with Tricia (owner of Websleuths) and she would like to feature the Beasley-Hawlett case on True Crime Radio this coming Thursday, Aug. 20 at 9 p.m. Eastern.

I'll be writing a summary of the case for the show, but Tricia still needs a guest. We both felt that the ideal would be to have a family member on the show. I attempted to contact jburgoon, who is listed as a verified family member, without success.

If anyone has contact with jburgoon, will you please relay the message? This is a great opportunity to raise awareness by bringing the case lots of exposure. As those of you who were here in March 2013 when it was the Featured Cold Case may remember, our discussion really took off, to say the least. We need as many eyes and minds on this case as we can get.

Great news and thank you for making this happen. I'll send jburgoon a message and email and ask her to contact you.

I just spoke with Tricia (owner of Websleuths) and she would like to feature the Beasley-Hawlett case on True Crime Radio this coming Thursday, Aug. 20 at 9 p.m. Eastern.

I'll be writing a summary of the case for the show, but Tricia still needs a guest. We both felt that the ideal would be to have a family member on the show. I attempted to contact jburgoon, who is listed as a verified family member, without success.

If anyone has contact with jburgoon, will you please relay the message? This is a great opportunity to raise awareness by bringing the case lots of exposure. As those of you who were here in March 2013 when it was the Featured Cold Case may remember, our discussion really took off, to say the least. We need as many eyes and minds on this case as we can get.

@ DimeDetective...By the way, your Inbox is full. :)

A man from Michigan who was at a party the night of the murders near where the car was found is also a "very viable" suspect, Spivey said.

The man, whom Spivey would not name, left town within days of the murders, the chief said, adding that investigators had traveled to Michigan three times to interview him.

The man cannot account for three or four hours of his time on the night of the murders, and later made "suspicious" statements to people, Spivey said. He would not elaborate on what he meant by suspicious.

—“Killer still on the loose, baffles police,” The Mobile Register, July 23, 2000

How can he not account for three/four hours of his time? Surely if you are out of it you remember up to a certain point and thereonafter the nights a mystery but just three/four hours? To top it off was in a location very close to where the car were found, this is extremely suspicious. Are they allowed to demand DNA tests? I hope that LE have thoroughly investigated this suspect in every respect. Just my opinion but I feel
Suss about this.

There are so many avenues literally and figuratively you could take when discussing the murder case of J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett.

One of the theories I have put forth is that the crime was committed at someone's residence but I can criticize that idea too. On the Haunting Evidence episode John Oliver states "there's the building, there's the creek, for all they know they are in the middle of nowhere."

So why if the crime took place at someone's residence would the killer not bring them into his house or into a building if he is familiar with the area? Why get wet and muddy? About the only thing I can think of if the crime took place at someone's home is that either they do not live in a home, but an apartment or there is something in the house that might get alerted at the sight of strangers. Since people usually do not mind bringing strangers close to a pet they know is gentle, I would think the person might have a dog like a Rottweiler or Pit Bull.

Brainstorming ideas is mostly all you can do in cases like this. The crime might have gone down just the way it was portrayed on Haunting Evidence. Or it might not have.

Did they get wet & muddy while trying to escape at a public pond or stream or on private property? I'm sure this evidence was analyzed but not much info has been released. If the perpetrator had a dog, I would think some dog hair might have been found. I no longer have a dog but always find traces of my " grand dogs" fur on me or in my car. He may have driven their car into his garage if he lived locally. There must be something LE has missed.

Did they get wet & muddy while trying to escape at a public pond or stream or on private property? I'm sure this evidence was analyzed but not much info has been released. If the perpetrator had a dog, I would think some dog hair might have been found. I no longer have a dog but always find traces of my " grand dogs" fur on me or in my car. He may have driven their car into his garage if he lived locally. There must be something LE has missed.

BBM No one knows how they got muddy and I have never read where the actual crime scene was. If LE knows, they have not disclosed it to the public. The killer may have marched them thru a pond or creek to the location to abuse them or the girls may have made a run for it and went thru a creek or pond in their attempt to escape. Tracie's pants also had briers in them and she had a scratch on her arm that may have been the result of her brushing up against briers or some type of thorny bush.

We are honored to have Jacqui, J.B. Beasley's sister on this week's edition of True Crime Radio.

CLICK HERE to go to True Crime Radio.com. At a few minutes past 9:00 PM EASTERN on Thursday August 20th click on the blue

"Listen Now" tab at the top of the page on True Crime Radio. This takes you to iHeartradio where the show starts live at around 9:04 PM Eastern.

At 8:30 Eastern on Thursday join us in the True Crime Chat Room. Then remember, click on the blue "Listen Now" tab to hear the show live at a few minutes past 9:00 PM Eastern.

We are honored to have Jacqui, J.B. Beasley's sister on this week's edition of True Crime Radio.

CLICK HERE to go to True Crime Radio.com. At a few minutes past 9:00 PM EASTERN on Thursday August 20th click on the blue

"Listen Now" tab at the top of the page on True Crime Radio. This takes you to iHeartradio where the show starts live at around 9:04 PM Eastern.

At 8:30 Eastern on Thursday join us in the True Crime Chat Room. Then remember, click on the blue "Listen Now" tab to hear the show live at a few minutes past 9:00 PM Eastern.

Awesome!! Thanks, Tricia!

I'm going to just throw this out here. I have been studying this case for 15 years. I just think some things are irrelevant and coincidental, IMO. The shell casing resting the leg, definitely could have just bounced and landed there even if the car was driven after the shootings or not if the crime
Scene is the location on depot street it could be done. I've read all the postson both threada and I think some things are given to mugh thought. I don't think this person enjoyed what happened in fact I think it ruined their lives. I would not give anyone on any dale county task force that much credit or any resident living in the near vacinity. But I will give them Time to wipe down, remove any evidence they thought would point to them. I dont think this person is a serial killer or ever repeated this one time event. Not to say they are not smart they have eluded capture for 15 years. The DNA evidence if is even part of this crime will have to be the finail nail in the coffin and not considered in this investigation. I don't know if the scene was botched or not and that shouldn't b the deal breaker. What needs to be finely Combed is all the interviews, revisit them again liars never remember what they say. Secondly did anyone locally change a person, go from good to bad or vice versa. Change lifestyles movery away. Ruin there own lives with drug use or alcohol. Sell off property, traded in a vehicle. Talk non stop about the case or refraim from any talk bout. Anyone notice changes in spouse , family member, Ex, child or young adult. Eliminating people is easy to do, it's the ones that can't be eliminated that needs the attention. I've heard many rumors and WHAT ifs , that is not going to solve this crime. I would start over and reinterview everyone, this tis listen to what is being said forget about the physical evidence, try to catch the details this time, watch for little flags and ask for voluntary DNA sample why wouldn't innocent people do that. Even set a table up I town at thriving establishment, have someone swab anyone that could be a donor. This case being solved relies solely in knowedge and facts of its people. Unfreeze the reward money up another 10 20 thousand people will talk.

JB's sister, Jacqui, did a great job on Tricia's radio show tonight. Let's keep this case alive! This case can be solved. I believe that in my gut. I'm making a promise to dig in and look at it all from the beginning with a fresh set of eyes.

Let's get to sleuthin'!

Posting some relevant links here. (Not sure how deep they're buried in this thread.)

Justice for J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett Facebook Support Page

Wiregrass Talk

Eliminating people is easy to do, it's the ones that can't be eliminated that needs the attention.

Sixteen years worth of leads, hundreds of suspects eliminated. I find it interesting that of all the one-time persons of interest specifically mentioned by investigators in media reports over the years—whether they were named as in the case of Eugene Eutsey, or identified more vaguely—the only one missing a follow-up report clearly stating that investigators have eliminated him was the man from Michigan.

From the Chronology of Events:

Investigators Going Out of State Again
April 30, 2000

Investigators in the murder investigation of J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett are making a return trip to Michigan to interview a potential suspect. This isn't the first time this unnamed person has been interviewed. Investigators will be following up previous interview to see if any more light can be shed on the case.

The investigators aren't expected to be making an arrest in the case, on their trip to Michigan. Police continue to say that they are investigating the case on a daily basis and that it is a long and drawn out process to track down every potential clue.

I'm going to just throw this out here. I have been studying this case for 15 years. I just think some things are irrelevant and coincidental, IMO. The shell casing resting the leg, definitely could have just bounced and landed there even if the car was driven after the shootings or not if the crime
Scene is the location on depot street it could be done. I've read all the postson both threada and I think some things are given to mugh thought. I don't think this person enjoyed what happened in fact I think it ruined their lives. I would not give anyone on any dale county task force that much credit or any resident living in the near vacinity. But I will give them Time to wipe down, remove any evidence they thought would point to them. I dont think this person is a serial killer or ever repeated this one time event. Not to say they are not smart they have eluded capture for 15 years. The DNA evidence if is even part of this crime will have to be the finail nail in the coffin and not considered in this investigation. I don't know if the scene was botched or not and that shouldn't b the deal breaker. What needs to be finely Combed is all the interviews, revisit them again liars never remember what they say. Secondly did anyone locally change a person, go from good to bad or vice versa. Change lifestyles movery away. Ruin there own lives with drug use or alcohol. Sell off property, traded in a vehicle. Talk non stop about the case or refraim from any talk bout. Anyone notice changes in spouse , family member, Ex, child or young adult. Eliminating people is easy to do, it's the ones that can't be eliminated that needs the attention. I've heard many rumors and WHAT ifs , that is not going to solve this crime. I would start over and reinterview everyone, this tis listen to what is being said forget about the physical evidence, try to catch the details this time, watch for little flags and ask for voluntary DNA sample why wouldn't innocent people do that. Even set a table up I town at thriving establishment, have someone swab anyone that could be a donor. This case being solved relies solely in knowedge and facts of its people. Unfreeze the reward money up another 10 20 thousand people will talk.

BBM Could you please elaborate on the bolded statement-specifically the part about how you feel the killer "didn't enjoy what happened and in fact it ruined their lives"? Also, do you feel there was more than one killer was involved?

BBM Could you please elaborate on the bolded statement-specifically the part about how you feel the killer "didn't enjoy what happened and in fact it ruined their lives"? Also, do you feel there was more than one killer was involved?

If there was more than killer, then they did not have another vehicle IMO. I know I beat on the dead horse some more when I say this... but location of vehicle is of paramount importance in this case. Killer walked away from the scene. I have never believed anything other than that.

If there was more than killer, then they did not have another vehicle IMO. I know I beat on the dead horse some more when I say this... but location of vehicle is of paramount importance in this case. Killer walked away from the scene. I have never believed anything other than that.

BBM We are in total agreement on that. The location says it all and the killer walked from there to where he was staying or to where his vehicle was located. I'll take it one step further...I think the girls were captured not far from where the vehicle was located.

Thought on comment that the killer "didn't enjoy this". It has crossed my mind that the license left on dash was an attempt at "compassion" in attempting to quickly identify victims. I don't buy into the police officer theory or even attempt to "frame" police by placing license there. It was either a blatant taunt or act of "compassion" IMO. FYI... I'm not a psychiatrist so I could be soooo off base on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125