AL AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #4 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
one possibility, although I'm not placing a bet on it, is it there is multiple DNA from more than one individual. And they only were able to get a hit off of 1 of the samples. Of course they wouldn't publicize this I'm sure.

He is the only suspect.

The most surprising thing to me so far is that he is not known to have a long criminal history. I really thought that if this crime was committed by a stranger, this would not be his first time.

I realize that I'm speculating. It could still be revealed that he knew the girls or that he has committed additional similar crimes. This is so surreal to have this new info after so many years!

It has been revealed he had no known connection to JB and Tracie.

Yes and I believe he acted alone, but it is possible multiple DNA was collected as evidence but only one genealogy hit lead to him. Right?

Yes and I believe he acted alone, but it is possible multiple DNA was collected as evidence but only one genealogy hit lead to him. Right?

He had his cheek swabbed 3 weeks ago

The only point I was attempting to make is that the police have never come out and said they only retrieve only one DNA sample to my knowledge. It's obviously safe to assume that they only have one DNA sample. But I was merely bringing up the possibility that they could have had multiple DNA samples but only got the initial hit on one of them. Therefore, they would have to act on the only hit that they've got and interrogate the individual to determine the source of any other evidence collected. All this is just a hypothesis because I personally don't believe there were multiple perpetrators but of course anything's possible.

This right here
690b42d3_spointing_above_100-100.gif
is gonna get interesting

Considering that he refused to give up his DNA in 99 for paternity and the fact that he's a truck driver it will not surprise me if he ends up being linked to other cases
But he willingly gave his DNA cheek swab to police in Ozark for this arrest. Makes no sense

How is this interesting? It’s not even remotely relevant in my opinion because it happened prior to the murders. Very misleading headline. He took a DNA test after falling behind on child payments.

Considering that he refused to give up his DNA in 99 for paternity and the fact that he's a truck driver it will not surprise me if he ends up being linked to other cases

I've already stated why I thought it was interesting

As far as CM willing to give up his DNA now, there could be several reasons for. He had already give it in 2011 for paternity, maybe he didn't realize they couldn't use that sample or thought it was in the system and nothing came from it. So maybe he thought he was safe, which would also account for him not running or killing himself

There are several reasons and methods upon which investigators can obtain DNA, we dont even need a warrant , if he willfully submitted a sample it means outstanding work by the investigators in getting him to do so .

Finally justice for these girls and their families

But he willingly gave his DNA cheek swab to police in Ozark for this arrest. Makes no sense

TY morf13! ... not sure what to think!!
c008d189_crazy.gif
still trying to wrap my head around it.

I'm sure we will know more tomorrow .... have many thoughts running around in my head as like many others. The one thing that is recurring is what was his motive ?

BTW TY for all that you (3) have done

This case has haunted me since last summer when I binge read most of these threads. It's all so horrible, but there's something particularly terrifying to me about being put in a trunk--dead or alive--and found that way. I can't imagine what it's like for police officers to open up a trunk and find this kind of horror. How do they stand it? Do they have nightmares or do they become accustomed to this? I know everyone is different, but still.

I, too, didn't think this would be solved. And to think it was someone no one suspected! How could he continue to live in that town? How could he drive by that street time and time again? I suppose he had no conscience, so it didn't bother him. I wonder how many other lives were tainted or ruined over speculation over the years.

I think that if he had refused to take the DNA test, it would have raised major suspicion, and since the police had already identified him as a suspect through the website, he may have been required to do so? I don't know the law on this point. Or, as others have mentioned, they got it secretly.

Interestingly, I see some people stating on social media that they would never submit their DNA to one of these ancestry registries as some kind of safety precaution against "erroneous identification," but you're not protected if someone in your family submits to it, because it can still link back to you, correct?

I hope that we learn a lot more about this man and how he managed to blend in and live his life since this time. Most of all, I hope that this brings the family some measure of peace and not more anguish!

one possibility, although I'm not placing a bet on it, is it there is multiple DNA from more than one individual. And they only were able to get a hit off of 1 of the samples. Of course they wouldn't publicize this I'm sure.

Why in the world would you come up with that?

They must have more on him than just the DNA. That certainly doesn’t prove murder.

Maybe a confession??? That would tie this case up in a neat little bow.

Oh wait a minute... they already had a so called confession in this case... eeeek

Can’t wait for tomorrow!

I'm sure they have more than they've ever released to the public. I mean look at the fact that they said that rape wasn't a motive but yet they are charging rape... they also, that we do know, have the palm print on the trunk...

Why in the world would you come up with that?

Is it considered a far-out hypothesis that two people could have committed the crime? Again I don't think it was two people but on numerous occasions on this board it has been theorized that more than one person could have been involved. Even if it was the after the fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member