AL - Kellie Ann Hughes, 31, fatally shot in woods after 911 call, Jefferson County, Dec 2019 arrests

sleuther0192837465

Stand up for what is right even if you stand alone
Reaction score
Authorities ID woman found slain in woods, 2 killed in Jeffco apartment shooting
Authorities have released the names of three people killed in Jefferson County over the weekend.

The violent deaths included a woman whose body was discovered in a wooded area near St. Vincent’s East, and two young men shot to death at an apartment complex in an incident that authorities say is likely linked to drugs.

The Jefferson County Coroner’s Office identified the victims as Kellie Ann Hughes, 31, Jacoby Keland Johnson, 21, and Tyler Darcell Robinson, 20.

Authorities ID 3 killed in weekend Jeffco violence

'My whole family is destroyed’: Brother mourns woman found murdered in woods by St. Vincent’s East

“It was rare for anybody to meet Kellie and not instantly fall in love with her,’’ said her brother, Branden Hughes. “Her personality always had people laughing. She was funny and hyper and spunky.”

Kellie Ann Hughes, 31, was found slain early Saturday after a bizarre series of incidents. Jefferson County sheriff’s deputies at 4:42 p.m. Friday received a 911 call from a woman who said she was being held against her will at a Center Point apartment complex but didn’t know where she was. Authorities began tracking her phone and found her at Woodside Condominiums on Shadowood Circle.

'My whole family is destroyed’: Brother mourns woman found murdered in woods by St. Vincent’s East

So the pair suspected of being behind this murder has been captured:

Alabama couple accused in Tennessee crimes facing murder, kidnapping allegations in multi-state spree

The crazy thing is that they're also suspected of being involved in a triple homicide in Bethalto, Illinois. A block away from my mother's house, as a matter of fact.

I'm very interested in seeing how this develops.

Here's a timeline of their weeklong reign of terror: What we know and what we don't about Alabama couple's alleged multi-state spree

Somewhere in the midst of that, they apparently entered the Bethalto home, killed 3 people, and then ended up in Hazelwood, MO. Since my mom lives just a few doors down from there, I can't help wondering why they chose to enter that particular home. Did they know somebody there? If not, why pick that house? They already allegedly broke into other people's apartments, so I guess it suited them just fine to randomly enter a house and help themselves to whatever was inside, including the people. I'm just glad they didn't pick my mom's house. Wow.

Last edited:
Where can I go to read the forum rules? I heard something about the suspected couple from someone who knew the female suspect (who's from Bethalto, where the triple homicide happened), but I don't know if it's proper to mention stuff like that here.
Rules can be read here:
The Rules

Well, it seems that what I have to say is fine, according to the rules, so I guess I'll mention it.

It's crazy to see a press conference like this happening just down the street from the house where I grew up:

Fugitives arrested in Hazelwood charged in Bethalto triple murder

This could be a coincidence. I was wondering how they wound up in Bethalto.
It seems to be a coincidence. The local media aren't picking up on it, and I haven't been hearing anything about it from the "buzz" around town.

The house where the murders happened was apparently a meth house, though. And I believe the female suspect knew one of the 3 people who were killed. The information I heard came from a clerk in a convenience store right behind me, who was talking about it yesterday evening as I was checking out. He knew both the suspect and one of the victims and said he believed it was a drug deal gone bad. Also, the John McMillan who was killed was the son of my nieces' piano teacher. Wild.

So the pair suspected of being behind this murder has been captured:

Alabama couple accused in Tennessee crimes facing murder, kidnapping allegations in multi-state spree

The crazy thing is that they're also suspected of being involved in a triple homicide in Bethalto, Illinois. A block away from my mother's house, as a matter of fact.

I'm very interested in seeing how this develops.

Here's a timeline of their weeklong reign of terror: What we know and what we don't about Alabama couple's alleged multi-state spree

Somewhere in the midst of that, they apparently entered the Bethalto home, killed 3 people, and then ended up in Hazelwood, MO. Since my mom lives just a few doors down from there, I can't help wondering why they chose to enter that particular home. Did they know somebody there? If not, why pick that house? They already allegedly broke into other people's apartments, so I guess it suited them just fine to randomly enter a house and help themselves to whatever was inside, including the people. I'm just glad they didn't pick my mom's house. Wow.
It is awful. I personally knew AJ and him and his mother did not deserve this. Makes me sick. AJ was so sweet and would of given you the shirt off his back if he knew you needed it. I can still see the last time we talked.

Well, it seems that what I have to say is fine, according to the rules, so I guess I'll mention it.

It's crazy to see a press conference like this happening just down the street from the house where I grew up:

Fugitives arrested in Hazelwood charged in Bethalto triple murder

It seems to be a coincidence. The local media aren't picking up on it, and I haven't been hearing anything about it from the "buzz" around town.

The house where the murders happened was apparently a meth house, though. And I believe the female suspect knew one of the 3 people who were killed. The information I heard came from a clerk in a convenience store right behind me, who was talking about it yesterday evening as I was checking out. He knew both the suspect and one of the victims and said he believed it was a drug deal gone bad. Also, the John McMillan who was killed was the son of my nieces' piano teacher. Wild.
AJ was not a meth house. THAT is so far from true. Brittany knew one of the men and it was probably AJ. She lived up here at 1 point in time and was sent to AL to live with her dad because she was always in trouble. AJ was the sweetest guy around.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member