AL AL - Marbury, WhtFemale Skeletal, UP51903, 35-50, in root cellar, wrapped in comforter, Mar'86

We recently passed the 37th anniversary of this Doe's discovery. I have some disappointing news. I knew it was a shot in the dark, but I submitted the following match for Lady Autauga to the Doe Network:
View attachment 498606View attachment 498607
1986 Marbury Jane Doe (left) Ruth Dorsey (right).​
Found March 30, 1986.​
Missing August 17, 1974 (or 16th)​
Marbury, Al. (Autauga Co.)​
Opelika, Al. (Lee Co.)​
30s - 50s​
69 years.​
Brown hair (wavy hair chosen for recon).​
Light brown hair (appears wavy/curly in photos).​
5' 2"-5' 6" / 110lbs - 150lbs (est).​
5'4" / 105 lbs.​
extensive dental work​
had cousin who was a dentist per news article​
My reasoning was as follows:
  • Lady Autauga has extensive dental work; Ruth very likely would've been able to afford consistent dental work in life based on what can be observed about her and her husband. Plus, the older one gets, the more dental work you usually have done. Additionally, there is a news article about a psychic who gave a tip about Ruth that references Ruth having a cousin that was dentist.
  • Marbury (where Lady Autauga was found) is approximately 1 hour from Opelika (Ruth's home)...which is a stone's throw if you're trying to hide a body.
  • The eye sockets are a compelling match. Ruth had large eye sockets. I also think there is a similar face shape.
  • We don't know when exactly Ruth went missing, so what she is reported to have last been seen wearing may not be accurate.
  • PMI estimates have been wrong before; this one is a stretch but not impossible IMO.
  • Similarly, age estimates based on skeletal remains have been wrong before.
I received the response that the match had been submitted to DN before, and nothing more. Both Lady Autauga and Ruth Dorsey are why I signed up here. I have become attached to them both and made the former my PFP. I believe she can be identified. I have something I think might be a "tip" of sorts but I keep worrying that I would be overstepping boundaries by sending an email.
This is a possibility. Age and PMI seem to be all that's off, but they can be explained. For example, we haven't been able to make any revised estimates of age and PMI due to the cremation of the remains.

It's also to note that once the Doe is over 18, it can sometimes be difficult to determine age accurately based on skeletal remains.

This is a possibility. Age and PMI seem to be all that's off, but they can be explained. For example, we haven't been able to make any revised estimates of age and PMI due to the cremation of the remains.
They have dentals on file (per DN, she was missing her bottom four teeth and wore a partial plate). Surely, they took photographs of her body, and specifically the skull. Could a new reconstruction be made based on photographs of the skull? DN says Ruth's dentals are not on file, but she does still have living relatives. Maybe some of the older ones could recall if she had dentures?

Again the response I got only stated it had been submitted before, not that they thought it was worth forwarding to Opelika or that they didn't think it was worth doing so. Hopefully it was sent to them anyway.

I'm holding out hope that there is DNA on the bullets (or casings?) that is useable for CODIS or genealogical testing. I have also wondered if they still have the comforter she was wrapped in, and if there is DNA on that.

Last edited:
They have dentals on file (per DN, she was missing her bottom four teeth and wore a partial plate). Surely, they took photographs of her body, and specifically the skull. Could a new reconstruction be made based on photographs of the skull? DN says Ruth's dentals are not on file, but she does still have living relatives. Maybe some of the older ones could recall if she had dentures?

Again the response I got only stated it had been submitted before, not that they thought it was worth forwarding to Opelika or that they didn't think it was worth doing so. Hopefully it was sent to them anyway.

I'm holding out hope that there is DNA on the bullets (or casings?) that is useable for CODIS or genealogical testing. I have also wondered if they still have the comforter she was wrapped in, and if there is DNA on that.
Usually, they do say that it was denied. Maybe it was only submitted recently, meaning the DN panel hasn't looked at it yet. A reconstruction can be made based on skull photos, so one could be made if the photos are available.

I remain very much hopeful for Marbury Jane Doe, especially since the identification of Ada Fritz by Moxxy FI last year. Her body was also considered lost due to cremation, but Intermountain Forensics managed to obtain a DNA sample off a dental mold, which lead to the ID.

SOLVES | Moxxy Forensics

Ada Fritz' WS thread as a Jane Doe (currently pulled due to privacy concerns):

I remain very much hopeful for Marbury Jane Doe, especially since the identification of Ada Fritz by Moxxy FI last year. Her body was also considered lost due to cremation, but Intermountain Forensics managed to obtain a DNA sample off a dental mold, which lead to the ID.

SOLVES | Moxxy Forensics

Ada Fritz' WS thread as a Jane Doe (currently pulled due to privacy concerns):
This comes to show that DNA can be found in all of the case's nooks and crannies, and cremation doesn't automatically mean the case is unsolvable.

I have some thoughts about the "comforter."

Some people (like myself) keep a small blanket in their cars, but people generally aren't driving around with large comforters. The comforter being used to wrap her up indicates to me she was killed in a home or not far from one, if not in a bedroom.

Consider that the only clothing found with her was a tank top with rhinestones. This indicates to me that she is a victim of SA or was killed during a state of undress, possibly while undressing in a bedroom. Maybe she was undressing for intercourse, maybe about to get in the shower, or just to change into pajamas. "Mesh tank top" doesn't really scream lingerie or sleepwear to me.

MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim
Back