Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Re the link to the Obituary - it is odd, there is no obituary......
I don't think it is odd. It is fairly common where I live for a placeholder to be put up once services are arranged but before an obit is ready, especially if the family is struggling with putting together an obituary. I'd say the fact this posted over the weekend makes it even more likely they are working on an obit but wanted to go ahead and post service times.

Gosh I hope MOD doesn’t come back inclusive. Even if it does, and they know who is involved with putting her in the “hole”, they can still probably file charges for tampering with a deceased body, even if homicide can not be conclusively determined as MOD, moo.

Last edited:
I don't think it is odd. It is fairly common where I live for a placeholder to be put up once services are arranged but before an obit is ready, especially if the family is struggling with putting together an obituary. I'd say the fact this posted over the weekend makes it even more likely they are working on an obit but wanted to go ahead and post service times.
Yes, that's what I wondered, they are showing the visitation times and date at least.

Yes, that's what I wondered, they are showing the visitation times and date at least.
Yes, that's happened in my family before--and with family friends. Picking a service date might have been comparatively easy, depending on how booked the funeral home was and whether or not they were anticipating out-of-state family coming in and needing to wait for them. And the sooner it goes up, the easier it is for people to see it and make arrangements to attend. Even if they got a template for the obituary, it would still take some time to fill in, and they might just not have been ready to face that.

They are not facts. They are....information? Possible data points? They are things that cannot be proven to be true -- which is a fact.

For example, with the JC case, we had some facts, almost all of them were based on the transcript of the 911 call and a few direct statements from LE. (And even a couple of the LE data points were shown to be false at the end of the day.) These are things we absolutely knew to be true. Quite simply, even though there are things about this case in MSM, the basis of these things come from sources that we have strong reservations about at this time. Again, *may* they be true? Certainly. Can we say they are now? I don't think so, and I have a belief LE is of a similar mindset.

That there isn't a 911 call to turn to on this case to help develop a timeline and other pertinent information is a significant problem. A lack of corroborated eyewitness is another huge problem. If we get a report tomorrow that a bartender or another guest saw PH in the bar, then we have a fact. Or LE saying they saw her on a security recording -- then we have a fact.

We just have a few details about this case and precious few facts which leads to speculation and frustration. I have nothing invested in this case or any ideas that I have about what may have happened because it's just conjecture. I'm willing to wait and see what happens, but it certainly doesn't reduce my interest in the case.

Battery is about to die, grrr, re: JC, iirc, some things released by LE turned out to be flat untrue, like LE saying the Police never passed any vehicles on the way to the house, I think it was, for example.

<modsnip>

So far, to my knowledge, none of the other people in that bar on that night have been interviewed and said they also saw the big black dudes. Or her, leaving with them. In fact the surveillance video of the bar that night has been examined and does not show the people that have been described.

"Sergeant Johnny Williams with the Birmingham Police Department said investigators have reviewed surveillance video from a bar where Paighton Houston was last seen and have not found anyone matching the description of the two men she is believed to have left with." B’ham Police: Surveillance video in Paighton Houston case does not show 2 men she reportedly left with
I think this article says all employees were interviewed.

Body found in Alabama search identified as Paighton Houston

I think this article says all employees were interviewed.

Body found in Alabama search identified as Paighton Houston

“The management of the Tin Roof also pleaded for the public’s help on Instagram.

“We have been in contact with (Birmingham police) and have shared any info needed to assist since the report, including all of our staff that worked that evening,” the bar management’s statement said. “We hope and pray for Paighton’s safe return and encourage anyone to reach out with any information.””

ETA:
This is commendable, imo. Some bars say nothing and refuse to cooperate, moo. Worried about business, I guess. Some won’t even hang flyers up of MPs who were last seen at their establishments.

Last edited:
I believe you, about the things you see left behind at abandoned properties. You totally should have bagged Beer Mountain! :)

In this case though, the MSM articles (links have been posted many times) it appears the resident has only been gone for a few months at best. I'm sure that's plenty of time for any tools, such as a shovel, to be stolen but somehow I'm just not getting that vibe here. I think this house has only very recently been used as a sort of party house and the stuff left behind is still there.

moo.
I live 5 miles from the location. My kids play ball at that park located right by the first site.. there’s a junk/tow yard maybe 100feet straight up the road. It has been known for squatters in the past. However, the taxes are only up to date till 2018. This home has been vacant for a while. However, there are not the best apartments maybe 1 mile from the location. This little section of hueytown, isn’t the best.

I have a feeling that PH & friends would have no knowledge of the area she was buried at. jmo

You wouldn’t randomly pick this neighborhood. Hueytown police are always everywhere and will pull you over for the little thing! Super shocked considering Bessemer is literally 5 miles away where it’s basically “ the hood or completely run down”.

Gosh I hope MOD doesn’t come back inclusive. Even if it does, and they know who is involved with putting her in the “hole”, they can still probably charge with tampering with a deceased body, even if homicide can not be conclusively determined as MOD, moo.
I was wondering the same thing -- an inconclusive finding. My initial thought upon hearing that her body has been released to the funeral home was that it happened rather quickly for a case and death that presented so many unanswered questions.

Oh I totally think it is a valid line of inquiry since a lot of speculation has assumed PH is heterosexual, and that certainly is not necessarily the case. I just hesitate to join in the speculation without confirmation on the rules regarding discussing it.

Similar discussions have arisen in other threads where victims’ sexual orientation and/or gender identity have been unclear (based on WSers analysis of said victims’ social media accounts and on what’s been reported by Verified Insiders and in MSM sources) AND might be potentially relevant to the circumstances of their disappearance or death. In my experience, such discussions have been permitted so long as posters articulate why they think the victim’s sexual orientation (or gender identity) could be a relevant factor in their case.

A policy against such speculation would seem to endorse the view that it’s somehow denigrating the victim to speculate that her sexual orientation might be anything other than 100% heterosexual—and, happily, this does not seem to be the prevailing POV here.

MOO/IMO

Wow...now we are mom shaming? Assuming we KNOW how the mom felt about PH's sexual preference? I am a Christian and I have several friends and family that are gay and I am glad most of them know how I feel about them and aren't judging me and assuming I condemn them. Not to get into any type of discussion about religion, but I am sure the mom feels horrible for what she did or did not do - because moms feel responsible for their children no matter the age. She doesn't need to read that some suspect she drove PH to lie and deceive because she was trying to be protective the best way she knew how.
Wow...now we are mom shaming? Assuming we KNOW how the mom felt about PH's sexual preference? I am a Christian and I have several friends and family that are gay and I am glad most of them know how I feel about them and aren't judging me and assuming I condemn them. Not to get into any type of discussion about religion, but I am sure the mom feels horrible for what she did or did not do - because moms feel responsible for their children no matter the age. She doesn't need to read that some suspect she drove PH to lie and deceive because she was trying to be protective the best way she knew how.
I have not seen anyone Mom shaming. If anything, I think everyone on this thread has been compassionate towards the Houston family; we are all grieving with them. I think perhaps something was misunderstood. All accounts indicate P loved her family deeply. I hope they get justice quickly and that they receive continued support from the community in the days and years to come.

I was wondering the same thing -- an inconclusive finding. My initial thought upon hearing that her body has been released to the funeral home was that it happened rather quickly for a case and death that presented so many unanswered questions.
For those WSers with experience with other cases - should we read anything into that? The fact the funeral home already has PH?

Similar discussions have arisen in other threads where victims’ sexual orientation and/or gender identity have been unclear (based on WSers analysis of said victims’ social media accounts and on what’s been reported by Verified Insiders and in MSM sources) AND might be potentially relevant to the circumstances of their disappearance or death. In my experience, such discussions have been permitted so long as posters articulate why they think the victim’s sexual orientation (or gender identity) could be a relevant factor in their case.

A policy against such speculation would seem to endorse the view that it’s somehow denigrating the victim to speculate that her sexual orientation might be anything other than 100% heterosexual—and, happily, this does not seem to be the prevailing POV here.

MOO/IMO
I absolutely agree with this and was quite surprised that it seems to not be allowed. I do not personally view a consideration that someone may not be 100% heterosexual as non-victim friendly. ETA: The more I think of it, that is quite offensive in its own right.
MOO

For those WSers with experience with other cases - should we read anything into that? The fact the funeral home already has PH?
No. After the autopsy is done, there’s usually no reason to hold on to the body.

What is a bit odd, is that we haven’t heard the results yet. But I think that’s because there hasn’t been an arrest.

I was surprised by this as well. I expected that PH would not receive her proper burial until after an autopsy/toxicology report had been completed. My understanding is that all of that normally takes a good bit of time. Is there anyone in this thread who would have expert or professional knowledge on why her funeral could be taking place more quickly than we might have expected? (A coroner, someone who works at a funeral home, anyone who has been involved with determining COD in cases before, etc.)

Do we have independent confirmation that Paighton actually called her mom from work three times a day every day? Because I'm pretty dubious of that, likewise that she's "always very cautious". It's understandable to want to exalt a lost loved one in the media but I like to think this forum gravitates to reality.

O/T

I am so sick of getting the message "Websleuths is not responding due to a long-running script" and having to click "Stop Script" to read the latest.

I have changed every setting I can think of on my browser and still it comes up.

Also too yeah yeah I know ad nauseum which dogs are okay being left home alone and the benefits of smiling.

*stalks away grumbling*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member