AL - Starr Mulder, 52, Wetumpka, 11 June 2016, found deceased 2020 *husband arrested, acquitted*

Last week, Elmore County investigators learned the remains were those of Mulder. Franklin said the skull had a single gunshot wound to the forehead, between and just above the eyes. The wound was from a small caliber weapon.

The sheriff said their investigation showed that Whitehurst had tangible ties to Covington County during the 1980s and 1990. Detectives began surveilling Whitehurst on Monday while they secured a warrant to arrest him on a murder charge. They also obtained warrants to search both his home and his place of employment. He works for a manufacturer in Montgomery.

Earlier Tuesday, investigators were waiting for Whitehurst when he left his Elmore County home. “We didn’t want to have an incident inside of the house,’' Franklin said.

They stopped him just before he entered into Montgomery County and placed him under arrest. Whitehurst was taken back to the sheriff’s office where Franklin and lead Investigator Bill Wilson read him his rights. “He immediately said he didn’t have anything to say and lawyered up,’' Franklin said.

The sheriff described Whitehurst’s reaction to his arrest as “defeated.”

“He knew he was the significant part of the puzzle the first go-round and he had been told by the investigator that the next time we came to see him, we’d probably have an arrest warrant for murder,’' Franklin said, “and that’s exactly what happened.”

Whitehurst is being held in the Elmore County Jail on $1 million bond. The case will be presented to a grand jury for indictment consideration as early as June or July.
Remains found in national forest ID’d as Alabama woman missing 5 years; ex-husband charged with murder

My god this poor, poor woman. She had just come home from hospital and was very sick and weak. Then this ex shot her right between the eyes! Such hatred. Another innocent woman dead at the hands of a husband/fiancé/sig. other. Such hate to shoot someone in the head right between the eyes.

I, like many of you out there, go through the databases of missing and unidentified persons trying to find matches. I’ve gone through the MP database several times beginning to end. The percentage of women who disappeared and were last seen by a sig. other is huge. In fact I can not believe some even give LE the excuses that they do such as these fine examples that are used over and over:

-“I don’t know what happened we fell asleep and when I woke up she was just gone.”

-“She said she was going to run to the store and never came back.”

-“Yes we had a small argument and she decided to take a walk to ‘cool off’.”

-“She told me it was over and left with some man I’ve never seen before.”

-“Yes she came by to discuss the custody agreement and drop off the kids. Everything went OK. We had no arguments and she left. That’s the last time I saw her.”

This is just a small example of some of the top excuses off the top of my head that I’ve read over and over. From the inception of MP databases to current times the husbands/boyfriends/sig. others have been giving the same lame excuses. In only a few cases are the bodies finally found. RIP Starr.

The judge did not rule on a bond motion but said a determination could come Wednesday.

Whitehurst is currently being held at the Elmore County Jail on a $1 million cash bond, an amount his attorneys called “excessive” as they point to a lack of prior criminal history.

Whitehurst is officially charged with murder, but Goggans asked the district attorney’s office if it intends to pursue a capital murder charge in this case. The DA’s office responded that it is too early to determine because there’s not enough forensic or specialized evidence available yet at the current stage of the investigation.
Judge finds probable cause, Whitehurst case heads to grand jury

An Elmore County man has been found not guilty of murder for the death of his ex-wife.

Thomas Whitehurst, the man at the center of a homicide investigation involving his former spouse, Starr Mulder, was acquitted Friday by a jury of his peers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelenFlower1
Back