Found Deceased AMBER Alert issued for 11-year-old Livingston, TX Girl - Audrii Cunningham

Status
Not open for further replies.
FEB 20, updated FEB 21, 2024
Records show he has a lengthy criminal history that dates back to 2001 when he was charged with possession of marijuana out of Liberty County. The following year, he was hit with an assault of a public servant charge.

In 2003, he was charged with possession of a dangerous drug in Liberty County.
In 2005, he was arrested in Baytown for evading arrest or detention.
In 2006, he was charged with possession of a controlled substance and theft by the Harris County Sheriff's Office.
In 2007, he was convicted of enticing a minor with intent out of Brazoria County.
In 2009, he was charged with unauthorized use of a vehicle in Baytown.
In 2010, he was charged by HCSO for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
In 2014, he was charged with theft and reckless driving by HCSO.
In 2019, the Liberty County Sheriff's Office charged him with aggravated assault causing serious bodily injury.
In 2020, HCSO charged him with harassment.
In 2023, Conroe police charged him with resisting arrest.
Records show that McDougal served two years in prison in Huntsville between September 2020 and September 2022.

I wish they sentenced offenders using the same habitual offender rules used by DMV.

10 charges in 10 different years - When he is back in society, more crimes are just inevitable with someone like this. Incapable of acting civilized.

NO ONE should be allowed to plea down a charge that includes being a registered sex offender.
Though I fully agree, there might be one circumstance which make plea bargains in sex crimes necessarry.

For example, when the victim will not testify as the parents do not want the child to be subjected to cross examination by the defense and there is not enough evidence to proceed with out the testimony.

The prosecution then offers a plea bargain, probably with out telling the perpetrator why- though the defense attorney may have a good guess.

Barf

2/19/2024

Don McDougal

McDougal was seen boasting of his swastika tattoo in social media posts (Image: Facebook)

Don McDougal
Don had allegedly been in charge of looking after Audrii when living at the child's father's house (Image: Facebook)
He has an Ain't Scared tattoo on his upper chest. We’ll see how tough he is in a Texas prison.

I keep seeing posts saying Audrii never had a shot -- and I totally get why people are saying that and I'm not calling anyone out for saying it because I 100 percent understand and empathize with that sense of absolute fury at how many people failed to protect this precious child.

But I just feel like I need to say that she COULD HAVE had a shot and SHOULD HAVE had a shot -- I work at a high school with all kind of kids who have defied the odds and risen above their terrible family circumstances, even circumstances THIS bad. Even kids who suffer horrific abuse that no human should endure can and do go on to heal and do incredible things. Audrii DID have a shot, dammit! But this disgusting monster decided he had the right to take her out of this world before she even turned 12.

I have my own 11-year-old daughter so this is hitting really hard.

I keep seeing posts saying Audrii never had a shot -- and I totally get why people are saying that and I'm not calling anyone out for saying it because I 100 percent understand and empathize with that sense of absolute fury at how many people failed to protect this precious child.

But I just feel like I need to say that she COULD HAVE had a shot and SHOULD HAVE had a shot -- I work at a high school with all kind of kids who have defied the odds and risen above their terrible family circumstances, even circumstances THIS bad. Even kids who suffer horrific abuse that no human should endure can and do go on to heal and do incredible things. Audrii DID have a shot, dammit! But this disgusting monster decided he had the right to take her out of this world before she even turned 12.

I have my own 11-year-old daughter so this is hitting really hard.
I know, you can’t help wanting to turn back time, and have her escape that day. Like running from him and getting help.

I feel for the mother. I don't know what lead to her losing custody and apparently also her parental rights to Audrii, but from the messages between her and the monster that killed her child, it's abundantly clear that she was not allowed to be in contact with the child. It's also interesting to me that she wanted to meet with Audrii but wanted to hear from the child herself that she really wanted to do it.

It's one thing to know that you don't have contact with your child but she's alive, apparently safe and growing up and will have the option to contact you once she reaches adulthood, and it's a whole different thing to know you can't contact your child ever again because she was murdered.
Wasn’t allowed to have contact - by people who let a habitual violent criminal take care of her daughter

FEB 20, updated FEB 21, 2024
Records show he has a lengthy criminal history that dates back to 2001 when he was charged with possession of marijuana out of Liberty County. The following year, he was hit with an assault of a public servant charge.

In 2003, he was charged with possession of a dangerous drug in Liberty County.
In 2005, he was arrested in Baytown for evading arrest or detention.
In 2006, he was charged with possession of a controlled substance and theft by the Harris County Sheriff's Office.
In 2007, he was convicted of enticing a minor with intent out of Brazoria County.
In 2009, he was charged with unauthorized use of a vehicle in Baytown.
In 2010, he was charged by HCSO for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
In 2014, he was charged with theft and reckless driving by HCSO.
In 2019, the Liberty County Sheriff's Office charged him with aggravated assault causing serious bodily injury.
In 2020, HCSO charged him with harassment.
In 2023, Conroe police charged him with resisting arrest.
Records show that McDougal served two years in prison in Huntsville between September 2020 and September 2022.
He’s 42, so he’s been getting arrested just about every other year of his adult life. I wonder how long exactly he was living with/near the family. Maybe just since he got out of prison in 2022? Did I miss this in the threads somewhere?

How on earth did he think he’d get away with this..
I think a good number of sex crimes against both children and adults are impulsive where the perpetrator either develops a grooming type expectation that is acted on when the circumstances are "right", or simply sees an opportunity for a violent attack- and then acts on it quickly.

The impulsive aspect could transcend intelligence levels of the perpetrators. For example, when I lived in SOCAL decades ago, there was another awful sex murder of a child.

The police quickly homed in on a near neighbor. But....this perpetrator was a mechanical engineer- several orders of magnitude brighter than this guy. Yet.... he committed sexual murder of a child under the same general "How could he think he would get away with it?" type circumstances as McDougal apparently did.

Last edited:
I have edited my post now as I can't find the photo with the father now, but there are plenty of McDougal shirtless all the same.
I think it is easy for evil manipulating people to pretend to be reformed so even tattoos representing hate can be explained as a past they have grown from and oh maybe " I am saving up to have them removed" not an excuse but many kind people have been manipulated "helping" someone get back on track. I am not ready to believe the family knew all his history yet. The family will have to live with the fact they welcomed him into their lives, that is a horrible thing to live with, my dad always said HINDSIGHT IS 20/20. My opinion only.

Such a horrible heartbreaking case. It does make me think that the registry provides a false sense of security to some folks. This monster was not on it. And relying on the registry is not enough imo, ones not on it may just mean they have not been caught. Jmo

I think a good number of sex crimes against both children and adults are impulsive where the perpetrator either develops a grooming type expectation that is acted on when the circumstances are "right", or simply sees an opportunity for a violent attack- and then acts on it quickly.

The impulsiveness nature could transcend intelligence levels of the perpetrators. For example, when I lived in SOCAL decades ago, there was another awful sex murder of a child.

The police quickly homed in on a near neighbor. But....this perpetrator was a mechanical engineer- several orders of magnitude brighter than this guy. Yet.... he committed sex motive murder under the same general "How could he think he would get away with it?" type circumstances as McDougal apparently did.
Little Danielle van dam?

The impulsiveness nature could transcend intelligence levels of the perpetrators. For example, when I lived in SOCAL decades ago, there was another awful sex murder of a child.

The police quickly homed in on a near neighbor. But....this perpetrator was a mechanical engineer- several orders of magnitude brighter than this guy. Yet.... he committed sex motive murder under the same general "How could he think he would get away with it?" type circumstances as McDougal apparently did.
Whilst I agree most these disgusting violent sexual crimes are impulsive I have my doubts whether this one was.

The texts to the mother (I believe these were the previous day.. but somebody correct me if I am wrong) show to me a real intent - he had plans to sexually assault and murder Audrii and then I believe he wanted to try and pin this on the mother (MOO of course)

I am curious had the father/ family known him a long time? perhaps from childhood and had a hard time seeing someone they knew as a innocent child for the monster he really was? I have heard it before oh they would never hurt MY child.... he is like family.... he made a mistake....
sad but true.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member