Anne Heche - 53 - dies after fiery car crash in Los Angeles August 5 2022

Wow, this is a real tragedy. Estimate of estate value of $400,000 (which is probably very low) and $400,000/yr royalties (these will have to be re-valued based upon the terms). The claims against the estate will far exceed that, but claimaints may just accept the insurance, depending on the limits.
The father's claim is strange to me. I don't practice in California, so I can't speak to CA law. His claim seems legitimate but the way it was presented is very odd.

$400K is NOT very much money. And if she was getting $400K a year in royalties and residuals you'd think she'd have a whole lot more if she wasn't F-ing it away. I'd be a multimillionaire if I had that kind of money coming in on an annual basis. lol And not on the low end either. My guess, IMHO, is that it was F-ed away on coke and other things. Coke is a pretty expensive habit. Such a shame things went down as they did. :(

$400K is NOT very much money. And if she was getting $400K a year in royalties and residuals you'd think she'd have a whole lot more if she wasn't F-ing it away. I'd be a multimillionaire if I had that kind of money coming in on an annual basis. lol And not on the low end either. My guess, IMHO, is that it was F-ed away on coke and other things. Coke is a pretty expensive habit. Such a shame things went down as they did. :(
IIRC she had some child support/alimony payments she had to make as well.

And after reading that, the $400k doesn't all sound like liquid cash, just stuff and.

$400k annually on expected dividends on residuals and the book seems generous for what her career was.

I'm not sure that's a fair assumption. There are a lot of celebrities who don't know the first thing about finance, especially if they got involved in the business at a young age, like Anne. They end up thinking a large paycheck means they can buy whatever they want in cash and their taste goes up along with it. Before they know it, they're in debt up to their eyeballs and that's before any drug activity even. Anne might have millions in a bank but if she's in a lot of debt, her net worth becomes a fraction of that. There are millionaires who die with nothing sometimes and it's only after they die, their loved ones find out. It's very sad.

Anne Heche Had $400,000 at Time of Death, Judge Rules Son Homer Can Oversee Her Estate for Now

It's a sad situ to be financially broke after beginning by acting in Another World as a young adult then to star in several hit movies with A list actors only to find a nose-dive point where one doesn't even own a piece of property called a home.

Anne earned enough and should have owned a lovely home that's worth her entire value in which to leave for those sweet boys to always have a home. It makes me sad they weren't able to have a home. Home is where the heart is and all that jazz.

"When Tupper's attorney, Christopher Johnson complained that Homer was blocking Atlas's access to the apartment he and his mother shared to pick up his belongings, Judge Bogdanoff ordered that the young boy to be able to 'get into the apartment and get his stuff as quickly as possible.'"

Anne Heche had only $400,000, when she died, son reveals

It's a sad situ to be financially broke after beginning by acting in Another World as a young adult then to star in several hit movies with A list actors only to find a nose-dive point where one doesn't even own a piece of property called a home.

Anne earned enough and should have owned a lovely home that's worth her entire value in which to leave for those sweet boys to always have a home. It makes me sad they weren't able to have a home. Home is where the heart is and all that jazz.

I doubt if she did have a home to leave, her sons would have actually ever received it. There are going to be lots of claims against the estate that go beyond whatever insurance she had. And if those claims hold up in court, I believe those would have to be paid before her beneficiaries would get anything. I'm also not sure that it would be feasible for her 2 sons to own a house together. There is work to maintaining a house. It would be a challenge for many 20-year olds never mind a minor.

Initial property inventories filed before an executor/administrator is named are often wrong too. I'm not sure what is meant by the estimates of annual income. Seems to say $400,000 in income was expected annually. Its not clear to me how the new book figures in but $400K would be alot annually for other royalties, would it?.
JMO

You don't have to own a house to have a home. Maybe the apartment was their home.

I think it’s sad that the whole world knows her finances. Plus almost everything else about her that should be private in most peoples walkin around life.
Also that these brothers probably will desperately need each other. They lost their mother in such a horrific way.

SMH.

MOO

I don't think this article is 100% correct (Surprise, surprise...) John and Jennifer Durand are the home owners to the best of my knowlege, but I could be wrong. Lynne Mishele was renting it when the accident happened. The DM article is saying Lynne is the owner and suing the estate. She may be suing the estate but not as the homeowner. Then again the DM may be wrong in that the homeowner is suing the estate and not Lynne Mishele.

I don't think this article is 100% correct (Surprise, surprise...) John and Jennifer Durand are the home owners to the best of my knowlege, but I could be wrong. Lynne Mishele was renting it when the accident happened. The DM article is saying Lynne is the owner and suing the estate. She may be suing the estate but not as the homeowner. Then again the DM may be wrong in that the homeowner is suing the estate and not Lynne Mishele.

I don't think it's unexpected that somebody is suing her estate but I do think it's sad that tabloids can't be bothered to check facts.

I don't think it's unexpected that somebody is suing her estate but I do think it's sad that tabloids can't be bothered to check facts.
It is a totally justified suit.
But you're right about reporting. Honestly, not much difference between tabloids and main media news anymore. Poor reporting, little to no proofreading/editing.

Anne Heche wasn’t mentioned during the 2023 Oscars In Memoriam segment last night.
It almost seems they should quit doing that segment. She's not the only one missed (although arguably she might be the biggest actor not associated with TV acting who was missed this time.) But every single year multiple people are missed who shouldn't have been.
JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irennnnn
Back