Annie Le, the person

That is exactly what Annie's friend Vanessa Flores explained and clarified on national television during her interview with Nancy Grace last Monday, which I posted on the previous page. For some reason, that was followed by claims that Ms. Flores did not know what she was talking about or she must not understand the whole "dual" degree program. I personally didn't understand the need to minimize Ms. Flores's grasp of her own friend's academic situation. But, whatever. Thank goodness for Yale Daily News. :)

This is just to add clarification, so the whole degree debate may be put to rest, Yale has changed their policy on how grads/students are listed (due to misinformation put out there by media that haven't had "true" understanding with regards to certain degree programs). Annie Le was officially GRD 13 and, from what I can see, Yale Daily News is fixing some reports. Please refer to the following link & snippets:

http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache...nie+le+was+found+in?&cd=7&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

No motive in Le’s murder 9.21.09
By Harrison Korn and Paul Needham
The body of Annie Le GRD ’13 was flown back to California this weekend as the authorities continued to search for a motive in her murder.

Comments (11)

CLARK CHARGED IN LE GRD ’13 MURDER 9.17.09
By Isaac Arnsdorf, Zeke Miller, Harrison Korn and Paul Needham
Raymond Clark III was arrested this morning and charged with the murder of Annie Le GRD '13, authorities announced Thursday.

New Haven Police Department Chief James Lewis said at a press conference that a warrant was issued for Clark’s arrest shortly after 8 a.m. Clark, 24, who worked at Yale as an animal lab technician, was taken into custody at the Super 8...

Comments (105)

Police monitoring motel where Clark is staying 9.16.09
By Paul Needham
New Haven Police Department officers are surrounding a Super 8 Motel in Cromwell, Conn, where Raymond Clark III, a person of interest in the murder of Annie Le GRD '13, is believed to be staying. In an interview, Cromwell Police Department Captain Roy Nelson said "our officers are aware of that and we are assisting them in any way that we can." Nelson said he did not...

Comments (5)

Le was asphyxiated, autopsy reveals 9.16.09
By Harrison Korn
The official cause of death in the murder of Annie Le GRD '13 is "traumatic asphyxiation due to neck compression," according to the Office of the Medical Examiner in Connecticut. No other information about the condition of the body was available.

Comments (2)

Killer likely works in Amistad Street laboratory 9.15.09
By Harrison Korn and Paul Needham
The authorities are focusing their efforts on several individuals — including a laboratory technician — known to have been in the basement of 10 Amistad St. at the time when Annie Le GRD ’13 was murdered, according to three sources familiar with the investigation.

Comments (44)

NEWS ANALYSIS
A crime scene, unsealed 9.15.09
By Isaac Arnsdorf, Paul Needham and Colin Ross
On Friday, about 72 hours after Annie Le GRD ’13 was last seen entering 10 Amistad St. through its front doors, two Yale Daily News reporters walked through that same entrance. They showed their Yale identification cards to a security guard and took the elevator down to the building’s basement. What turned out to be the scene of a homicide had not yet been closed off to...

Comments (32)

UP CLOSE
Safety in New Haven: a tale of two cities 9.15.09
By Harrison Korn
Annie Le’s GRD '13 murder has brought Yale, New Haven and their respective security structures under intense scrutiny. But as it happens, there is a gulf between perceptions and reality — these incidents are aberrations in an relatively safe college town. Although statistics suggest that New Haven as a whole is still more dangerous than other cities of comparable size,...

Comments (35)

Cross Campus: 09.15.09 9.15.09
The flag will be flown at half-mast today at the University of Rochester, where Annie Le GRD ’13 received her undergraduate degree in cell and developmental biology with honors in 2007. The Undergraduate Career Services workshop “Killer Cover Letters” will occur at 7:30 p.m. today at UCS. In an e-mail message sent to seniors yesterday afternoon, UCS Director Philip...

Comments

Medical students flock to community meeting 9.14.09
By Nora Caplan-Bricker
A community meeting at the Yale School of Medicine to reflect on Annie Le GRD ’13 had to be moved from its original location in the Hope Memorial Building to the Harkness Auditorium at 333 Cedar Street to accommodate the roughly 550 concerned members of the medical school community who chose to attend.

Comments (5)

Despite renovations, bells to toll for murdered student 9.14.09
By Eric Randall
The Guild of Carillonneurs will be given access to Harkness Tower, which is currently undergoing a year-long renovation, to play the bells in honor of Annie Le GRD '13. The bells will ring between seven and eight.

Comments (5)

Killing was not a random act, police say 9.14.09
By Harrison Korn
New Haven Police Department Officer Joe Avery said Monday that police believe that Annie Le GRD '13 was targeted and her killing was not a random act. Avery confirmed that the body was found in a mechanical chase, a compartment in the wall which runs from the basement to the roof which wires and other mechanics run through. Asked whether police were focusing their...

Comments (5)

Blue and Red line shuttles diverted due to investigation 9.14.09
By Harrison Korn
The ongoing investigation at 10 Amistad St., where authorities found a body they are assuming is Annie Le's GRD '13, has caused some street closures. As a result, there will be route changes to the Red and Blue line shuttles, Yale's Director of Parking and Transit Edwin Bebyn said in an e-mail message: Red line: Instead of turning on Cedar it will...

Comments

Refreshing to see this thread get back to basics on the theme, and some really excellent information after Bean's redirection. I cannot underestimate the nature and force and usefulness of this thread, to know Annie as much as we can without knowing her personally. Any information about her goals, personality, hopes, dreams, nitches, quirks, etc. etc. is valuable IMO.

Perhaps another thread related to the "other side" of the coin would also be advantageous. Perhaps it would be nice to have a thread with information that helps us all to define the keeper of the lab?

I think it would be helpful to know as much about both of these persons without getting into areas that might cause argument, as was seen in this thread earlier on.

Just a thought, hope y'all don't mind

The irony about murder is that the murderer and the victim are together forever always. Kind of ironic, isn't it, considering Annie was 5 days to her wedding day.

The irony about murder is that the murderer and the victim are together forever always. Kind of ironic, isn't it, considering Annie was 5 days to her wedding day.

You are assuming that the murderer is already a given

Calif. mourners remember Yale student's fun spirit

EL DORADO HILLS, Calif. – Family members of the Yale University doctoral student found murdered on what was to be her wedding day said they'll always remember the beaming smile and fun-loving spirit of the brilliant woman who hoped to change the world through her medical research.

"She always brought a smile to our faces," said Annie Le's cousin, Dan Nguyen, one of several speakers who eulogized Le at her funeral Saturday in California's Sierra Nevada foothills, near where Le grew up.

Le's mother, Vivian Van Le, read a poem she had written in Vietnamese that was translated by another brother, Chris Le.

"Farewell my child ... the most wonderful gift that God had sent to me," Le's mother said, going on to describe her daughter's death as being "like a knife searing through my soul."

video and more at http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090927/ap_on_re_us/us_yale_killing

:rose: Rest in Peace, Annie :rose:

This is my favorite thread for Annie - thank you Emily Booth! It gives us a peak into the vibrant, intelligent, and heartwarming life of Annie and all the wonderful choices she made for herself such as...her best friend fiance, attending a great university, giving back to planet Earth via research, philanthropist, a loving and caring friend, and most importantly, valuing who she is as a human being. what a great role-model Annie is/was.

This is my favorite thread for Annie - thank you Emily Booth! It gives us a peak into the vibrant, intelligent, and heartwarming life of Annie and all the wonderful choices she made for herself such as...her best friend fiance, attending a great university, giving back to planet Earth via research, philanthropist, a loving and caring friend, and most importantly, valuing who she is as a human being. what a great role-model annie is/was.

Eyes, I think this is my favorite thread, too! I don't think I could've said it better than you. I loved learning about who Annie was as a person and it's been wonderful seeing all the sharing and posting here.

Video honoring Annie's life...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG2_NI-vZDo"]YouTube - Annie Le memorial video[/ame]

This is my favorite thread for Annie - thank you Emily Booth! It gives us a peak into the vibrant, intelligent, and heartwarming life of Annie and all the wonderful choices she made for herself such as...her best friend fiance, attending a great university, giving back to planet Earth via research, philanthropist, a loving and caring friend, and most importantly, valuing who she is as a human being. what a great role-model Annie is/was.

Hi, Eyes4Crime, your note, Emily Booth's note, and those that followed really touched me. The brought me back to what brought me to her threads in the first place; the sense of an engaging human being who was, as you put it, "vibrant, intelligent, and heartwarming."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back