April 22 weekend of Sleuthiness

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember those posts, sunshine! Forgive me for not posting this earlier. After going to court all day, it's all but impossible to catch up here, and not a bit of time to actually post if I want to catch up reading. I got the same thing you did from that testimony. I'll add that my perspective from inside the courtroom that day, not only was Boz objecting over and over, but he was about to jump out of his skin! Then when he didn't try to impeach Ward's testimony at all, but went down the facebook road, I was pretty much convinced that something was amiss.
I've spent the last few days mulling and digesting, because it just gets curiouser and curiouser from where I sit.

Do you think it was obvious to jurors that something was amiss?

On the video, we can only hear the objections from Boz. From that he seemed quite aggressive, almost in a panic at what was being allowed in. "about to jump out of his skin!" is a more vivid image.

What was the buzz in the courtroom when there was no cross on technical issues?

But where did he go is the question? The computer was powered on for hours to maintain it's preservation. They have said unless CPD had a password, they couldn't open the computer. It does not mean he did not access his computer remotely, using port 445, if file sharing was available and try to move those files himself....

But why would he just move them and not delete them? Just delete the temporary internet files--wouldn't that have been the simple solution? (I ask this because I really don't know of what I speak, not because I'm trying to be snarky. :) )

But where did he go is the question? The computer was powered on for hours to maintain it's preservation. They have said unless CPD had a password, they couldn't open the computer. It does not mean he did not access his computer remotely, using port 445, if file sharing was available and try to move those files himself....

I'm pretty sure he want to SH's house. SH also worked at Cisco. In his affidavit he stated that he worked from his home 75% of the time so he would most certainly be tied in to the Cisco network. But I don't think Brad did it either if it's the 3 intrusion attempts within milliseconds of each other. That sounded like an automated program on the Cisco network. MOO

But the user doesn't save the files from my understanding. Google maps places these files in the TIF automatically so that maps can be zoomed in from them. This is a red flag in this case because it is NOT supposed to be a .bmp file. Google maps TIF cursor files are .cur.

Correct me if I'm wrong techies.

but i thought he could go in to the tif history and save those files as a different file type, like a bmp, and then the created and modified could be the same. that way, later using a map-viewing utility, not necessarily on the internet, he could view the files as active content. (if he wanted to view the site to see what was happening. ) why else would he look at the spot? he couldn't have chosen it in 41 seconds. he must have wanted to save the search and be able to view the sight later without having to re-search.

Do you think it was obvious to jurors that something was amiss?

On the video, we can only hear the objections from Boz. From that he seemed quite aggressive, almost in a panic at what was being allowed in. "about to jump out of his skin!" is a more vivid image.

What was the buzz in the courtroom when there was no cross on technical issues?

I'm about skeerd to look at the jury, after the admonition not to stare at them that came my second morning there--I did watch them for reactions some the first day, so I really thought I was being called out! Anyway, I had to steal a couple of looks during the crazy facebook cross, and they just looked like, "Jigga-WHAT??" Some were grinning, but they mostly looked confused and a little horrified. Since I'm not inside their heads, I won't try to interpret whether they were horrified by the facebook page/photos or the fact that Boz went there in the first place.

I'm pretty sure he want to SH's house. SH also worked at Cisco. In his affidavit he stated that he worked from his home 75% of the time so he would most certainly be tied in to the Cisco network. But I don't think Brad did it either if it's the 3 intrusion attempts within milliseconds of each other. That sounded like an automated program on the Cisco network. MOO

Ohhh Geesh..My head is spinning..Do we even know if Brad's laptop was or was not attached to his home network ala wired..It only takes the attachment of one cord to do that...I have no recollection just where they retrieved his laptop from at this point..and even if his home PC was on or off either for that matter??..We do know Brad was surfing here on W/S on Nancy's computer ..was it wireless (WLAN versus LAN)?? all thats needed is a coaxial cable???

As I said, my head is spinning with possibiities..and given Brad's wizardry with computers in that home..who knows how he had set it up when the house was sealed under search warrant evening of July 15th???

but i thought he could go in to the tif history and save those files as a different file type, like a bmp, and then the created and modified could be the same. that way, later using a map-viewing utility, not necessarily on the internet, he could view the files as active content. (if he wanted to view the site to see what was happening. ) why else would he look at the spot? he couldn't have chosen it in 41 seconds. he must have wanted to save the search and be able to view the sight later without having to re-search.

Dramamama, since you seem to understand what you're talking about, can you do a completely unscientific experiment and try it on your home computer and report back? I'd try it myself, but I might pull something--I better stick to sports bra re-enactments! :crazy:

I am lost again with the various ideas and methods. I just think he had time to fiddle with it between JA's interference of Saturday morning when she inquired about Nancy and the time the CPD seized the computers and everything else in the house. Maybe he thought he had deleted everything and just missed those? I am certain he had no idea the CPD and all the friends would become involved in Nancy's disappearance so quickly so he thought he had another day of deleting and moving computer files, etc.??
Unless I had been sitting in the juror box and watching the interactions and objections of both sides during the computer testimony I would still not understand it. And even with watching, I'm thinking I may base my thoughts on who objected the loudest or with the most animation. I'm afraid I may be representative of the jury.

I'm sorry. This doesn't make sense to me. Where is the .cur file then? Or are you suggesting he deleted that but saved a .bmp file and left that there?

The logs we are talking about were from 7/11 at 1:14. The files (which are supposed to be in incremental times were shown in sequence on the FBI document. They all had identical times to the millisecond. That is a huge red flag, as this was supposed to be zooming in on areas of the map.

So 2 red flags - they are .bmp files(supposed to be .cur) AND the times were all identical.

Question for techies - Can one manually save files as temporary internet files? I have no idea but I do know these .bmp files were found in the temporary internet files. If so, why would a person do that if we are to believe they wanted to access them later?

No, I was there in 1964 when there was just The Governors School. Only one location. That was just the second year.

BTW we really need to get a decent alumni group in gear to financially support the school so it can remain open. IMNSHO.

Couldn't agree more. My daughter was also an East Alum but there is only one this year, Meredith and they had to pay a certain amount (500 I think) to attend. Not the purpose of the program IMHO, all walks of life etc.

Great memories...I donate faithfully but I am not sure there are many who do.

Kelly

I am lost again with the various ideas and methods. I just think he had time to fiddle with it between JA's interference of Saturday morning when she inquired about Nancy and the time the CPD seized the computers and everything else in the house. Maybe he thought he had deleted everything and just missed those? I am certain he had no idea the CPD and all the friends would become involved in Nancy's disappearance so quickly so he thought he had another day of deleting and moving computer files, etc.??
Unless I had been sitting in the juror box and watching the interactions and objections of both sides during the computer testimony I would still not understand it. And even with watching, I'm thinking I may base my thoughts on who objected the loudest or with the most animation. I'm afraid I may be representative of the jury.

From all indications in the videos and reports here, Boz was objecting the loudest and "about to jump out of his skin" indicates he was also the most animated.

So, where are your thoughts based after that?

I'm about skeerd to look at the jury, after the admonition not to stare at them that came my second morning there--I did watch them for reactions some the first day, so I really thought I was being called out! Anyway, I had to steal a couple of looks during the crazy facebook cross, and they just looked like, "Jigga-WHAT??" Some were grinning, but they mostly looked confused and a little horrified. Since I'm not inside their heads, I won't try to interpret whether they were horrified by the facebook page/photos or the fact that Boz went there in the first place.

Thank you for that. I felt horrified watching it too! I still can't believe they did that, so ridiculous.

I'm sorry. This doesn't make sense to me. Where is the .cur file then? Or are you suggesting he deleted that but saved a .bmp file and left that there?

The logs we are talking about were from 7/11 at 1:14. The files (which are supposed to be in incremental times were shown in sequence on the FBI document. They all had identical times to the millisecond. That is a huge red flag, as this was supposed to be zooming in on areas of the map.

So 2 red flags - they are .bmp files(supposed to be .cur) AND the times were all identical.
If there is indeed a google rep on the witness list, I hope that this question is what they are coming to clear up!

And thinking about this some more, there is no reason anyone would try to save the file of a map search when it is so easy to just pull the map back up and scroll to what you need to see. So I can't think of a logical reason for the .bmp TIF for google maps. It had to be planted.

I certainly appreciate your not wanting to upset the jury or the judge. I am so thankful for your being there, and the others who have been in person, for your observations thus far.

In addition he still had use of a credit card. That bill would be part of the money needed before figuring out the 90% so technically he had a lot more than 10% of the money left over after bills. MOO

And he didn't have to ask permission, have sales clerks 'hold something for him' to see if Nancy would approve it. Nor did he have to spend his money to buy things for the kids. Birthday presents when they are invited to parties, money for activities, pictures, stuff for school. My daughters are continually complaining how much it costs to fill up the tank on their big SUV's.

I think that's a good point. I was trying to figure in here how he paid for things like the $600 suit for Nancy. I think they both put things on the credit card that were above and beyond their 90%, 10% split. I just think to speculate at this point is kind of useless, because we don't know what their arrangement was. The bottom line is--Nancy didn't think it was fair. We don't know whether objectively it was fair or not. We just know (through her friends) how she perceived it. Whether or not the jurors will identify with that, is a different story.

Nancy *couldn't* put things on the credit card/s because Brad took her name off them. That has been well established.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maryjane99