April 26th, 2011 Dunn relative taking action over Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say that my son has a daughter with a woman who later had another child by someone else. Both girls are my grandaughters. Even though I am not 'blood related', the second child is as much my grandaughter as the first. I can understand if Naomi and Clint have been in a relationship for some time, that PT considers herself grandma...there are many people in my small town that probably think I am really her grandma...

How kind of you to be a Grandma to the second child CarmelEyes. Obviously you are a warm, loving person, thank you for sharing your story.

I think she wanted some type of reaction and she got that with WOTS being taken down. I still think there should have been other polys given...I'd almost bet that info could be gleaned from them.

Hope all things calm down now with the exception of finding Hailey and her case going forward.

In my experience, I've had FB pages taken down (particularly sex offenders). It's been pretty easy. I don't presume to know what evidence she presented (I usually just sent a newspaper article). But someone may have cussed her out, or called her names. Other than that, I can't see why the page was taken down.

MOO

Mel

I have to say that my son has a daughter with a woman who later had another child by someone else. Both girls are my grandaughters. Even though I am not 'blood related', the second child is as much my grandaughter as the first. I can understand if Naomi and Clint have been in a relationship for some time, that PT considers herself grandma...there are many people in my small town that probably think I am really her grandma...

You're very sweet. Even though the second child is not your "biological" grandchild, you obviously hold the same feelings as your biological grandchild. The best part is i can't compare you to PT - because I don't think she holds the same feelings for Hailey as she does for baby C. I only say this by the posts I've read on FB. Do I know this to be a fact = nope!

Keep being the sweet grandma that you are :)

Hugs,

Mel

I know I have no legal claim. I have 'emotional' claim. She has no other grandparents. I don't know how this compares to PT and Hailey-I don't know the depth of emotional bond between the two of them. All I mean is I can understand her calling herself 'grandma'. In my case, the schools and our church accept and acknowledge me as 'grandma'. (Again, very small town). If anything happened to her mom, I have no doubt I would more than likely be given custody..she has lived with me since she was 3. (whereabouts of father unknown).. I don't know how long PT has been in Hailey's life, but if it has been a long while, she probably feels like she is grandma. I haven't been following the FB pages, so I know there may be a lot I am missing in this picture...I am not making a character judgement..

I know I have no legal claim. I have 'emotional' claim. She has no other grandparents. I don't know how this compares to PT and Hailey-I don't know the depth of emotional bond between the two of them. All I mean is I can understand her calling herself 'grandma'. In my case, the schools and our church accept and acknowledge me as 'grandma'. (Again, very small town). If anything happened to her mom, I have no doubt I would more than likely be given custody..she has lived with me since she was 3. (whereabouts of father unknown).. I don't know how long PT has been in Hailey's life, but if it has been a long while, she probably feels like she is grandma. I haven't been following the FB pages, so I know there may be a lot I am missing in this picture...I am not making a character judgement..

I've read many a cases where a non-biological child goes to a safer and loving home. In this case, I can't imagine under any circumstances that Hailey would ever ever go to PT. I really don't know where she'd go really - perhaps with her brother. Her bio GM has been arrested for drugs, as has mum and dad. It's a crazy picture. That's why this libel suit PT is on about is so confusing to me. If they were church goin, non-drug usin, non-child *advertiser censored* usin, non pot smoking family, just maybe they would have a case. Personally I think they would be laughed out of court.

Hugs,

Mel

My parents were the same way, CarmelEyes! :loveyou: They accepted children in the family no matter what the circumstances and they became the grandparents, often the only grandparents the children knew. I don't understand why this is such an issue in this case if some of the people had a family relationship, however slim it was. Heck, in the old days, calling and older man or woman "Grandpa" or "Granny" was almost the norm, whether she had a "claim" on a child or not.

Whatever happened to that idea "it takes a village to raise a child"? I've said this before, but if we as posters on a forum can feel such a connection to Hailey, then it isn't surprising to me that someone in her extended family could feel that way, no matter how loose the connection was in legal terms. I just don't think that makes any difference in how people feel.

I think the issue of her calling herself Haileys grandmother is haunted by what Connie Jones said on BTH. And the fact that before PT was calling herself Haileys GMA she was actually dating her uncle which would make her aunt PT.

So in terms of what kinda guidance Hailey would have been offered by this woman, would it be grandmotherly or more like aunt like?

I dont believe she ever felt grandmotherly towards Hailey, until after Hailey was missing. IMO. I also bet Hailey didnt get along with Naomi at first because of the sorrid relationship patterns which are freaky and kids that age are super funny about things that weird them out. It wouldnt make sence for Hailey to be super warm with the switching of roles. IMO

It would make sence for Hailey to habor resentment towards her uncles ex girlfriend , given the issues with that uncle and BD ,and HD. Even if Hailey did warm up to Naomi.

I think the issue of her calling herself Haileys grandmother is haunted by what Connie Jones said on BTH. And the fact that before PT was calling herself Haileys GMA she was actually dating her uncle which would make her aunt PT.

So in terms of what kinda guidance Hailey would have been offered by this woman, would it be grandmotherly or more like aunt like?

I dont believe she ever felt grandmotherly towards Hailey, until after Hailey was missing. IMO. I also bet Hailey didnt get along with Naomi at first because of the sorrid relationship patterns which are freaky and kids that age are super funny about things that weird them out. It wouldnt make sence for Hailey to be super warm with the switching of roles. IMO

It would make sence for Hailey to habor resentment towards her uncles ex girlfriend , given the issues with that uncle and BD ,and HD. Even if Hailey did warm up to Naomi.

Does make you wonder if they got out much or just stayed home and got high. lol

I also bet Hailey didnt get along with Naomi at first because of the sorrid relationship patterns which are freaky and kids that age are super funny about things that weird them out. It wouldnt make sence for Hailey to be super warm with the switching of roles. IMO

I would say that we aren't mind readers and we don't know what Hailey thought of these people. Kids are also much more forgiving and accepting than adults in many ways.

We can't just assume that Hailey felt one way or another about people, and I'm certainly not taking BD's word for any of this.

And again, this has nothing to do with how this woman might have felt about Hailey, regardless of whom she dated or whether she was related. We aren't in her shoes either.

Myself, I don't look at Naomi's mother being Hailey's grandmother any more than I would have looked at Shawn's mother being Hailey's grandmother.

I'm not really sure why this woman's relationship to Hailey matters as I haven't been following Facebook and know nothing about her but in general I think it is easier to become an adopted grandmothe if you are in the child's life since birth and the baby learns to know you as someone who's always been there for him/her. If you only get to know the child when s/he's a teenager it's more complicated since the child already has preconceived notions about who his/her family consists of and it takes time and a lot of interaction to develop that kind of closeness and trust. And it could be that at a certain age some teens are more interested in friends and hobbies etc than interacting with older associates of the family.

I would say that we aren't mind readers and we don't know what Hailey thought of these people. Kids are also much more forgiving and accepting than adults in many ways.

We can't just assume that Hailey felt one way or another about people, and I'm certainly not taking BD's word for any of this.

And again, this has nothing to do with how this woman might have felt about Hailey, regardless of whom she dated or whether she was related. We aren't in her shoes either.

But as Hailey's mother, Billie would know more about Hailey's feelings towards the woman than anyone else, I would think.
But if I had only been acquainted with a child for a few years and wasn't around the child that much, I don't think I would be claiming to be the child's anything... other than someone who was concerned and cared. IF she was that close to Hailey and other people knew about it, she wouldn't have to be on FB bragging about it and claiming things that probably are not true, IMO.

I'm not really sure why this woman's relationship to Hailey matters as I haven't been following Facebook and know nothing about her but in general I think it is easier to become an adopted grandmothe if you are in the child's life since birth and the baby learns to know you as someone who's always been there for him/her. If you only get to know the child when s/he's a teenager it's more complicated since the child already has preconceived notions about who his/her family consists of and it takes time and a lot of interaction to develop that kind of closeness and trust. And it could be that at a certain age some teens are more interested in friends and hobbies etc than interacting with older associates of the family.

Not addressing this to you Donjeta, just launching off your post. Outside the realm of Facebook and drama-rama, PT's relationship with Hailey doesn't matter, imo.

As we have all said over and over here at WS ... It's Hailey that matters, though she continues to be lost in all this adult dysfunction.

Seems that only Shawn and his Attorney are smart like a fox nowadays. Not a peep has been heard, since March 21st. Come to think of it so is his family, whom we have never heard from.
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/image...homepage/nxd_media/dox/pdf/2011_03/Atkins.PDF

Yeah, but you know what? Those folks on FB drag this woman into the conversation every time there's a slow news day because she is a hot topic. Dragging these people connected to Hailey through the dirt every day is tacky and is obviously now backfiring, and that's not helping Hailey either.

"Damages" are whatever a Judge or Jury are willing to give her. Nowadays, LE takes any type of threat on FB very seriously.

In fairness..PT and her mother put themselves into trouble on facebook a lot attacking other people ( though PT herself has calmed down lately). Her mother at least can be pretty vicious.

Did this case ever make court though btw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loveland