AR AR - Cleashindra Hall, 18, Pine Bluff, 9 May 1994

Missing woman’s family plans Cleashindra Hall scholarship banquet

http://pbcommercial.com/accent/features/missing-woman-s-family-plans-cleashindra-hall-scholarship-banquet

The family of Cleashindra Hall will mark the 22nd anniversary of her disappearance with the second annual Evening of Elegance Benefiting the Cleashindra Hall Scholarship Fund.

The Cleashindra Hall Foundation will host the formal banquet at 6:30 p.m. Saturday, May 14, at McColgan Hall of First Presbyterian Church, 717 W. 32nd Ave.

Although her disappearance remains a mystery, the family has never given up hope and continues the search. Her mother, Laurell Hall, still hangs up pink bows at the home and releases balloons containing a picture of Cleashindra and information for anyone who may find them.

On March 30, Cleashindra would have turned 40 years old.

I just read this thread and I can't believe it! Justice for Cleashindra is long overdue. I will suggest this to the true crime podcasters when they ask for case suggestions. Hopefully someone will pick it up. If nothing else, others need to know about this girl who was taken from her family & has somehow got away with it.

Posted as #4 on a list of "5 Things to do this weekend"

Go to a banquet. The Cleashindra Hall Foundation will host a formal banquet at 6:30 p.m. Saturday at Harbor Oaks Restaurant. The Hall family will mark the 22nd anniversary of her disappearance with the second annual Evening of Elegance Benefiting the Cleashindra Hall Scholarship Fund. The event will also include a fashion segment, Pine Bluff’s own On Call Band, and vocalist Jacob Lusk, an American Idol season 10 finalist from Los Angeles.
http://pbcommercial.com/news/local/5-things-do-weekend-27

Cold Case Spotlight

Another Mother’s Day Passes as Laurell Hall Searches for Her Daughter Cleashindra

Mother's Day just hasn't been the same for Laurell Hall for more than two decades.

As her family celebrates, she is reminded of the ever present fact her daughter Cleashindra isn't there. This year marked 23 years since she last spoke with her daughter, and she's been searching ever since.

"When my family gets together for Mother's Day, we all think about her." Laurell told Dateline. "My grandchildren will always ask -- where is Aunt Clea? And I get tears in my eyes, because I don't know the answer."

"We looked, we hunted, we spent months searching, but she is just gone and we don't know how," said Detective Lieutenant Terry Hopson, who has been on the case since Clea first went missing.

"We were told she walked out of that house at 8:30 p.m., but we have not been able to find a shred of physical evidence," he told Dateline.

However, investigators say they do have more than one person of interest.

"We can't rule anyone out," said Detective Lt. Hopson. "We can't even rule out that she left on her own… I don't know how you just disappear."

According to investigators, Clea's employer, Dr. Larry Amos, is considered a person of interest.

"In this case, the last person who saw her was Amos," said Detective Lieutenant Hopson. "But that doesn't make him guilty."

Laurell believes that Amos's behavior after Clea's disappearance seemed suspicious. "I don't think he has done enough to eliminate himself as a suspect," she said.

What could have been Dr. Amos' motive for killing Clea? Any ideas?

The Trail Went Cold podcast recently did an episode on Clea's case, and it struck me as odd that Dr. Amos did not like Clea bringing any male friends around his home (business). Perhaps he became enraged at Clea having male friends for whatever irrational reason, or even had a crush on her himself? I also struggle with a motive for him.

After rereading the thread a couple of thoughts:

1. A quick google search shows that Dr. Amos has at least two kids, one boy and one girl, that were around Cleo's age and likely went to school with her. Have they been questioned then and recently? Could the boy have harmed Cleo and Dr. Amos is covering for him? Could the daughter have been jealous of Cleo and harmed her? Maybe the daughter's boyfriend liked Cleo?

2. Pine Bluff is a dangerous little town. A quick google search will show an abundance of rapes and murders.

3. Any sex offenders in the area at that time?

4. The friend/co-worker who said that Cleo said she was walking home...either that person is lying or Cleo was lying for some reason. Cleo never walked home so why would she choose to that night? Could this friend/co-worker have been Dr. Amos' daughter? Is it possible that Cleo told the friend/co-worker she was walking home when in fact the friends/co-worker's boyfriend was picking Cleo up, perhaps at the end of the street or a few houses down? Could be motive for someone other than Dr. Amos to harm her. If the friend/co-worker is in fact Dr. Amos' daughter it could also be a way to deflect responsibility from inside the home with the goal of making it seem like someone abducted her on her walk home.

5. Not relevant, but why on earth was she only paid $2 per hour? I graduated in '93 so I was around Cleo's age. I made $5 per hour at least when babysitting and $7 per hour as a cashier at a local clothing store. Seems like $2 is not even worth the gas to get there and back.

6. Some reports say Dr. Amos is a dentist others say psychiatrist. Which is it? Hoping not to offend anyone, but I've always heard the many psychologists/physiatrists have mental issues themselves which is what caused them to be interested in psychology in the first place. Again, no specific links but a quick google search will pull up hit after hit.

All MOO

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/07/grace.coldcase.hall/index.html?_s=PM:CRIME

Maybe I missed this detail, but I didn't know that Dr. Amos' house was "full of people" the night Cleo disappeared. I wonder if all of those people were questioned? And if so, when? Right away or at a later date? Was it out of the ordinary for Dr. Amos' house to be full of people? Were they patients? I wouldn't think patients that late in the evening. Did Dr. Amos' kids have a bunch of friends over? If so, in my mind that opens up many possibilities. Could the kids have been drinking? Could Cleo have been drinking and therefore purposely not wanted her mom to pick her up? I don't mean to imply that Cleo was a partier but many kids try alcohol for the first time in high school. Could one sip have turned into one drink then two, etc.? Could Cleo have passed out and then been raped? Perhaps she woke up during the rape and the rapist panicked and murdered her.

Another thought, if there were in fact kids there partying did Cleo feel uncomfortable because of someone there or just due to the situation in general and not even want to wait for her mom to pick her up and in fact did tell a friend/coworker she was walking home? And then set out to walk home and something happened?

Also in the article referenced above LE Hopkins stated that he believed Cleo left Dr. Amos' house with someone that she knew.

Will any of you like to help me start an email campaign to Nancy Grace and JVM? What email addresses are the best to send to?

Do any of you have blogs that you cover feature Clea's case on?

PLEASE HELP! : )

Greetings. I am a newly participating Websleuths member, but I spent a lot of years in Pine Bluff. I had moved away when she disappeared and back later, so I only heard bits and pieces about her disappearance.over the years. Just enough to know her name and probably pronounce it wrong,and that there was a doctor involved and then probably some of the usual local rumors. But I know Pine Bluff and a whole lot of the people there very well and I would love to help with her case.
At the moment, I am mildly involved in the resolution of two ongoing cases, and literally just this morning dedicated myself to a thorough investigation of a year old cold case, but I will also begin accumulating information about Ms. Hall's disappearance. Expect to see more of me here.

Rather shocking to see that arguably one of the highest profile missing person cases from Pine Bluff Arkansas is littered with misinformation. I spent yesterday evening finding and downloading websites and even a quick perusal revealed contradictions of even the most basic details of Clea's case, down to the year she went missing. It is going to take me some time just to sort everything out well enough to begin discussing this case with the accuracy it deserves but in the meantime I invite my fellow websleuths to have a look themselves with this jumping off point, the external links at the bottom of the Wiki page for Clea's disappearance. Check them out and see if you notice any discrepancies?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Cleashindra_Hall

Just came across this sad case this morning. What a lovely young woman! I was wondering if the good doctor (and his two children) and wife volunteered to take (or have taken) lie detector tests? Were they able to get phone records, etc., from the home that evening to see who may have been called? I'm sure it's too late now, but that would have been one avenue that surely LE would have considered. Praying for answers for this precious family.

1. Hey everyone! I am the assistant to the host of Unfound, Edward Dentzel. He interviewed Cleashindra's mother. You should check it out.

Here is my friend Edward's page. He is the host of the podcast Unfound. /m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=626269313&ref=content_filter

Here is a link to the cases he has done so far. UnFound--A Missing Persons Program | Free Podcasts | Podomatic

UnFound--A Missing Persons Program

Here is a link to the Unfound Podcast Discussion Group. Unfound Podcast Discussion Group Public Group | Facebook

Unfound Podcast, where the weekly Wednesday live video is done.
    Unfound Podcast

Unfound is also carried online by a major newspaper. UnFound — A Missing Persons Program/

Unfound is also on YouTube. Unfound Podcast

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back