GUILTY AR - Isaiah Torres, 6, raped, beaten to death, Bella Vista, 29 March 2015 *parents charged*

Just another example CPS favoring reunification over the well-being of the children.

But, still, that is what the laws mandate.

But, noooooo. CPS would NEVER place children back into an abusive home. :banghead::notgood:

THEY DO IT ALL OF THE TIME. The Stanleys are no exception. But At least they SEEM to be trying.

I don't know that the earlier instances reflect a re-unification bias as much as a lack of evidence on which to base a removal.

Re-unification would have involved a period of supportive services aimed a preventing further risk of harm. Cannot do that if the harm is unsubstantiated in the first place. It's very sad, as is the reality that there is no mechanism by which to remove at birth any other children born to the couple (under the law--so far as I know).

I wholeheartedly support a lifetime in prison for these two.

He has children from a previous marriage that he abused in all manner of ways. Nothing is out officially but his son is talking on FB. His rights were terminated and he "struck a plea". She also has children from from a previous relationship, same story. I think they would have BIG RED FLAGS on their records. And then to dismiss two hotline calls. DHS failed these kiddos. This is all in state.

A report filed on January 22, 2014 had to do with “inadequate supervision” and a report filed on March 20, 2014 had to do with “cut, bruises and welts” found on the child, according to the DHS documents. Both claims were found to be unsubstantiated.

Oops. Your bad. Guess they werent really unsubstantiated.

When does it become a red flag to you think-multiple contacts with DHS, multiple complaints of child abuse, multiple allegations of child rape....when does someone say "HMMM-there is something here."

https://www.facebook.com/groups/418730664954639/ See post from "Maurice Torres", identified as son from previous relationship, dad had rights terminated

Yeah, that was an easy guess.

Parental rights terminated, and STILL multiple calls regarding child abuse were found to be unsubstantiated as late as 2014.

DHS, you kept throwing that child back into hell. I would say there is 100% chance, maybe, that his daughters are victims of sexual assault. jmvho.

Oops. Your bad. Guess they werent really unsubstantiated.

When does it become a red flag to you think-multiple contacts with DHS, multiple complaints of child abuse, multiple allegations of child rape....when does someone say "HMMM-there is something here."

I don't know the current state of laws in Arkansas, or anywhere else, so far as maintaining databases of people who have been accused but never substantiated. I do recall at one time this being an issue with regard to sexual abuse, and the right of someone who has in essence been "cleared" (or actually not found to be guilty, or chargeable) to have their name removed from such lists, or to be aware that such lists do exist. But essentially citizens have the right to be considered innocent until proven guilty.

I'm not advocating anything, BTW, just sharing that I know it's a pretty touchy area, and DHS may not have a legal right (let alone a mandate) to maintain records in such a way as to allow such flagging.

I would welcome any legal insight into the matter, however.

Well they clearly still had right to Isaiah and his 2 sisters... so maybe 8 had rights terminated....

yes, yes, my math is fuzzy at night ;) 8 children. One is on FB and they are all figuring out who the other siblings are and meeting up for the first time. The eldest brother posted a very touching tribute to Isaiah in the group.

Yeah, that was an easy guess.

Parental rights terminated, and STILL multiple calls regarding child abuse were found to be unsubstantiated as late as 2014.

DHS, you kept throwing that child back into hell. I would say there is 100% chance, maybe, that his daughters are victims of sexual assault. jmvho.

If the DHS caseworkers had bothered to lift two of their fingers to do a computer search, they would have seen Torres and his wife listed in Arkansas' Registry for the previous acts that resulted in removal of the other children. The caseworkers should be fired.

JMO

http://www.arlegalservices.org/system/files/Fact Sheet - Child Maltreatment Central Registry.pdf

If the DHS caseworkers had bothered to lift two of their fingers to do a computer search, they would have seen Torres and his wife listed in Arkansas' Registry for the previous acts that resulted in removal of the other children. The caseworkers should be fired.

JMO

http://www.arlegalservices.org/system/files/Fact Sheet - Child Maltreatment Central Registry.pdf

exactly. This isnt about maintaining a database of unsubstantiated allegations. This is about a pattern of behavior that resulted in the removal and parental rights termination of prior children.

This is the same Bluecker who permitted Rep Harris to push through the inappropriate adoption of three girls to bolster his re election bid...girls that he rehomed after 6 months to a pedophile.

We have a very active thread on Justin Harris-he shut down Bluecker's funding bill in order to force her to approve the adoption. And she did it. And yes, the pedophile raped one of these little girls.

LINK HERE

Bluecker's defense in this case is that they dont want to just take kids away based on past behavior...her example is of a 19 year old whose parental rights are terminated but 10 years later changed her ways. That is not this case. This is the case of two adults, one of whom had a job/title that permitted him to prey on children, who had lost at least 5 if not more of their children for the same damn thing. Beating them and abusing them.

I am at a loss.

So in the middle of this unholy mess, is there an investigation into any child he has come in contact with for the last 20 years of his life if not longer? How about her? Any children unaccounted for?

DrCha, will you become verified for us? We would value your insight....not that we dont now of course.

The facebook page is clearly a labor of love.

A couple of news stories from yesterday:

Cathy Torres, who is facing murder and rape charges in connection with her 6-year-old son’s death, filed an Order of Protection against her husband, Mauricio Torres, following the child death on March 30, according to court records.
http://5newsonline.com/2015/04/21/cathy-torres-filed-order-of-protection-against-husband-following-sons-death/

A child beaten, slain despite red flags, DHS fails to piece together family's history of abuse.
http://www.arktimes.com/arkansas/a-child-beaten-slain-despite-red-flags/Content?oid=3822445

Judge dismisses protection petition of woman accused in death of 6-year-old

By Tracy Neal
Posted: April 23, 2015 at 9:20 a.m.

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2015/apr/23/judge-dismisses-protection-petition-woman-accused-/?latest

BENTONVILLE — The parents accused of murdering their 6-year-old son appeared in court Thursday morning for a hearing concerning Cathy Lynn Torres' request for an order of protection against her husband.

Mauricio Alejandro Torres, 45, and Cathy Torres, 43, are being held without bond in the Benton County Jail. They were arrested April 6 in connection with capital murder, rape and battery in the first degree. Prosecutors have not filed formal charges against the couple.

[modsnip]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lola21
Back