AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

JBD doesn't own Jill and Derek's house. Your point is valid though. They do own lots of commercial and residential property.

The show that aired when they moved in said JB owned the home as an investment and that Jill and Derek got that bigger home as it was closer to Derek's work. Jessa and her hubby got the smaller home the grandmother once lived in. JB stated Jill and Derek could live in it until he decided to sell it. Wanted them all to pay low rent to give a good start in life.

Ss
I also posted the entire police report in my initial post about it, if that one is deleted.

This occurred 12 years ago and one of the victims is still a minor.
(Someone who is still a minor is fighting to have the records destroyed.)
6 years or younger for at least one of them as far as I can tell.

I just did the math and the minor would have been 5 at the date of the first reported incident and 6 on the date of the latest reported incident. So not like my first impression that these were all pubescent girls.

Also disturbing is that the first reported incident was in March 2002. But JimBob says it wasn't until July 2002 that Josh admitted to molesting several girls and was "disciplined" for it. So was the first girl not believed 4 months before? And then, nothing concrete was done (sending Josh away) until a year after the first reported incident, when in March 2003, Mr. Nasty Hands struck again.

Some protection of the innocent, huh?

And then years of "encouraging" millions with their example of Christ-like parenting. Gag. Gag.

The show that aired when they moved in said JB owned the home as an investment and that Jill and Derek got that bigger home as it was closer to Derek's work. Jessa and her hubby got the smaller home the grandmother once lived in. JB stated Jill and Derek could live in it until he decided to sell it. Wanted them all to pay low rent to give a good start in life.

Isnt that sort of emasculating for the new husbands? Shouldn't they support themselves?

I understand the feeling sorry, I don't feel sorry for Josh particularly, but I sure do for the girls. The way they are raised, to basically cater to men and have babies, I can't believe that at least one of the girls hasn't rebelled and gotten out of there. And, I would love to know what the family is doing now with this news getting out, I have to wonder how Josh is handling this since basically he has destroyed the family name.

I feel like the parents had the greater part in ruining the family name. Hypocrites. They covered up their daughters' abusers to protect that name. But they obviously enabled it to go on for a whole year. Sick.

The more i delve into this the worse I feel about it. Waiting for more Victims......

T

JBD doesn't own Jill and Derick's house. Your point is valid though. They do own lots of commercial and residential property.
While it could be incorrect, this articles states JBD does own the property:

As Jim Bob explains, he purchased a “fixer upper” home a few years back that is finally ready to be lived in. Both he and Michelle think it’s a little too big for Jill and Derick to live in together, but they think it’s a great place for them to start until they can finally get the house sold.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/09/02...rprise-19-kids-and-counting-premiere-episode/

Photos and another article: http://www.mstarz.com/articles/3629...nt-living-in-a-1-5-million-mansion-photos.htm

In 2000, Hobby Lobby donated a 529,717-square-foot building in Little Rock, Arkansas, to Gothard's outfit. The company had purchased this property, a former Veterans Affairs building, two years earlier for $299,000. The Institute now runs a prison ministry out of this location, providing curriculum to a faith-based Arkansas Department of Corrections program known as Principles and Applications for Life. For about a decade, according to Gothard, the Institute leased the ground floor of the building for $1 per year to the Little Rock Police Department for use as its downtown station. Now, Gothard says, the police are paying a regular rental fee.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/07/hobby-lobby-bill-gothard-institute-basic-life-principles

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-accusations-sexually-harassed-teenagers.html

The facility Josh Duggar attended for treatment after molesting young girls has been identified as Basic Life Principles Training Center

Isnt that sort of emasculating for the new husbands? Shouldn't they support themselves?

Maybe? I dunno. I cant fault them for taking an offer to get ahead especially when working and babies on the way. Since they aren't living there for free and it appears expected to move on i give this one a pass.

Last night before I went to bed I read the three pages of this thread. When I went up to bed and turned on the tv, the show was on.

I don't like "fake". I don't like these shows that proclaim to be reality when they are clearly not. There are many people that watch these shows and look up to them and then all of a sudden it becomes a trend. Some that may have come from broken, dysfunctional homes may watch the show and think that if the "Duggars" can do it so can I. It is all made to look so loving and innocent without any real life conflict.

These shows are nothing more than a illusion to draw in viewers.

Some shows are about the very few that have made it big in music.

The lifestyle is glorified and it gives a false persona to those that idolize the less than 1% that have become wealthy because some producer used the one family to draw in ratings.

Why are so many so gullible? Everyone would love to have financial security and peace.

Last night on the show, they were out shopping for wedding dresses. The parents home and the adult siblings homes are all beautiful. Their clothing, hair, makeup, ect. looked perfect. Show biz perfect. There was no financial stress about the wedding. Please! Like I said I don't like "fake". It misleads others into thinking that the grass is much greener on the other side of the fence.

I will comment on the rest of the story in a minute. This post is long enough. lol

I'm not expressing my personal opionion, but I do wonder about the freedom of information act. I have problems with juvenile records being given to the media. I can understand if an offender is on trial and the need to share past acts, but just giving juvenile reports to the media seems over zealous to me. Are they not considered juveniles for a reason? I just feel uncomfortable on a legal level as to what the media can obtain about children.

1 of the questions I have is why now. As the article pointed out the internet has speculated for years the police report has been around since 06 and In touch mag does a FOIP request and a redacted copy is provided by the police department even though it clearly violates JD's right to privacy. What my question is was the report released mistakenly or is there something way more to all of this?

1 of the questions I have is why now. As the article pointed out the internet has speculated for years the police report has been around since 06 and In touch mag does a FOIP request and a redacted copy is provided by the police department even though it clearly violates JD's right to privacy. What my question is was the report released mistakenly or is there something way more to all of this?

That's what I'm wondering?

First I want to say that I have never done any research or read research, on young teens that have committed sexual offenses against their own siblings and others.

I would think (hope maybe) that because the person was young at the time of the offenses, they could be treated "if" they got proper counseling, etc. Like I said, I have no statistical information and I am sure there are many variables that would come into play on how successful the outcome may be with each individual offender.

I have listened to many victims/survivors share their stories from their childhood of incest. I don't recall one individual stating that authorities were ever contacted! Unfortunately, the shame and embarrassment of having a family member that committed such a crime and the shame it would bring if shared with anyone, seems to override the well being of the victim! How sad is that?

This is why so many victims never come forward and suffer in silence.

Some use the "forgive" in religion to intimidate others to sweep things under the rug and forget.

There is no healing from that type of forgiveness.

I hate to bring it up...but could he have gone on the defense with gays because someone victimized him?

I feel sorry for his victims...they weren't willing participants. Then, when he confessed, they weren't given any say in any kind of justice or recognition of their confusion or pain as victims.

Of course. the little girls are the ultimate victims here. I was just saying that I felt that Josh, at 14, was a bit of a victim too...of this ridiculous notion that he was expected to live under. It makes no sense and placed a tremendous amount of pressure on him with no release valve. I place the blame on the parents in this particular case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member