AR AR - Morgan Nick, 6, Alma, 9 Jun 1995

I am new here and just watched the series on Hulu about Morgan. There was something in the first or second episode that is making me crazy. They talked about a man sitting in his screen porch watching the search at the ball field that didn’t answer the police when they called out to him. It seemed like he may have had a view of the abduction area and I thought for sure it would be brought up again but never was. Does anyone else have any information about this person mentioned? I know I can’t be the only one wondering why it was mentioned in the series but never pursued…

This article says that the FBI had Billy Jack's truck for decades:

However, back in September, 2022 we saw a news broadcast about the Morgan Nick case and Billy Jack's possible involvement. The Police Report about the attempted abduction at the Sonic a couple months later was briefly shown on screen. We paused the video, got the VIN number of Billy Jack's truck, and ran a vehicle history check on it through AutoCheck. The vehicle history check does not indicate that Billy Jack's truck was in FBI custody for decades (see attached screenshots of the vehicle history report). Maybe he had another truck? Also, the Still Missing Morgan trailer posted above references the truck as being a Ford. Not sure what is going on...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230220-142155.png
    Screenshot_20230220-142155.png
    229.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20230220-142133.png
    Screenshot_20230220-142133.png
    240.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20230220-142118.png
    Screenshot_20230220-142118.png
    230.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20230220-142107.png
    Screenshot_20230220-142107.png
    249.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20230220-142054.png
    Screenshot_20230220-142054.png
    236.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20230220-142032.png
    Screenshot_20230220-142032.png
    236.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20230220-142001.png
    Screenshot_20230220-142001.png
    240.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20230220-141951.png
    Screenshot_20230220-141951.png
    237.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20230220-141931.png
    Screenshot_20230220-141931.png
    239.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20230220-141812.png
    Screenshot_20230220-141812.png
    234.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I am new here and just watched the series on Hulu about Morgan. There was something in the first or second episode that is making me crazy. They talked about a man sitting in his screen porch watching the search at the ball field that didn’t answer the police when they called out to him. It seemed like he may have had a view of the abduction area and I thought for sure it would be brought up again but never was. Does anyone else have any information about this person mentioned? I know I can’t be the only one wondering why it was mentioned in the series but never pursued
I haven’t seen anything else about him. But I’ve been wondering about that as well.

This article says that the FBI had Billy Jack's truck for decades:

However, back in September, 2022 we saw a news broadcast about the Morgan Nick case and Billy Jack's possible involvement. The Police Report about the attempted abduction at the Sonic a couple months later was briefly shown on screen. We paused the video, got the VIN number of Billy Jack's truck, and ran a vehicle history check on it through AutoCheck. The vehicle history check does not indicate that Billy Jack's truck was in FBI custody for decades (see attached screenshots of the vehicle history report). Maybe he had another truck? Also, the Still Missing Morgan trailer posted above references the truck as being a Ford. Not sure what is going on...
The documentary stated it had been stored all this time. I think Little Rock? Until it was recently sold at a auction. What was it doing in Oklahoma?

What in the world??? Keep the truck for years and years and years, sell it, want it back. After so many years of holding onto a suspects truck in an unsolved case, why in the world was the truck sold at auction?

Two things stuck out to me. First is a picture of a stock 1986 Chevy Scottsdale. Look at the wheels; those match up to what's in the original picture. Even in the original picture, you can faintly see the outline of the silver trim around the taillight. The thing that caught me in the series was the pinstriping on the truck. On the driver's side, it's in pretty rough shape, so I don't think it's a recent addition. In the original photo, I didn't really see it, but then I saw the AI-enhanced photo @coldcasecentral posted, and to me, it seems like the pinstripe, while distorted, is there. Also, there is proof that there was a camper on this truck at some point, without a doubt. It seems like they have the right truck, but I'm open to thoughts.

Attachments

• Stock Truck.jpg
    Stock Truck.jpg
    602.6 KB · Views: 32
  • vlcsnap-2023-02-20-17h24m15s421.png
    vlcsnap-2023-02-20-17h24m15s421.png
    486.7 KB · Views: 27
  • vlcsnap-2023-02-20-17h25m04s666.png
    vlcsnap-2023-02-20-17h25m04s666.png
    453.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Trucke 2.jpg
    Trucke 2.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 40
  • MNF-truck.jpg
    MNF-truck.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 38
The Morgan Nick Foundation website still says that the truck in the picture is a Ford: Morgan's Story - Morgan Nick Foundation Billy Jack Lincks had a 1986 Chevy Scottsdale.

Regarding the picture of the truck at the ballfield, the article below from April of 2022 says, "Chief Pointer (Alma, Arkansas Police Chief) said they've never been able to find and question who owned that truck. "It may not be who took Morgan, but we've never been able to identify who the owner of that truck was."

"We have it on video. The night of the ballgame that Morgan was taken, there's a home video from the ball field and that truck can be seen in it and the owner, or whoever was in the vehicle has never been identified," Chief Pointer said".

Billy Jack Lincks (who was 30-40 years older than the abductor was described to be) was officially named as a person of interest in November of 2021- yet in the April 2022 article the Alma Police Chief said that they didn't know who owned the truck in the picture and they wanted information about it. The article I previously posted in this thread said that the FBI had Billy Jack's truck for decades- yet the vehicle history report I posted seems to indicate otherwise. Things aren't adding up.

Last edited:
Here is the VIN for the truck. It was on the search warrant for the 1995 case and can be found online through the AR courts website.

Attachments

• Bill Jack VIN.png
    Bill Jack VIN.png
    367 KB · Views: 18
I ran the VIN through a LN. The truck has had 8 owners in the past 22 years, including one car lot. The records don't go any further back than 2000. It may have been recently sold at auction but it was not in impound all those years as we were led to believe.

I, too, was bothered by the fact that the man sitting outside in the dark smoking a cigarette next to the field was never mentioned again. Why? Why even bring him up if you’re not gonna talk about it or investigate him. Or did they? Maybe that part was edited out. I also just have to say that not knowing how Jacob Wetterling’s case came to a close, until now, it’s the shirts for me. If Morgan’s case is solved, in part because of the shirt and Jacobs case, was partially solved because of his shirt sticking out of the ground, that to me is amazing Grace. Praying that the family finally gets answers soon and that Morgan can rest in peace at last. MOO IMO

I hate to bring innocent people into the conversation simply because they’re related to someone, but often abuse runs in the family if not addressed. Lincks sons, nephews or whoever also had access to the truck should be looked at if they haven’t already. I know he had at least one son who would be in the age range during that time according to ancestry.com.

I hate to bring innocent people into the conversation simply because they’re related to someone, but often abuse runs in the family if not addressed. Lincks sons, nephews or whoever also had access to the truck should be looked at if they haven’t already. I know he had at least one son who would be in the age range during that time according to ancestry.com.
I agree about bringing innocent people into the conversation. But one of his sons was accused of domestic violence and threatening to disappear with his child. Then broke into a womens home to SA her. But, maybe it’s someone else with the first,middle, and last name.

There was a man that said that was his grandfathers red truck and that his uncle was driving it the night Morgan disappeared. You can read his post under the Morgan Nick foundation post on Facebook with the picture of the truck. The sketch looks eerily similar to this mans uncle.
This may be more factual than you think. It’s the same thought I had. Was this referring to a Lincks relative?

I think the age range is a red herring here. I've been working criminal investigations and prosecutions in the Army for 19 years and I learned very early on that eyewitness testimony is super unreliable. It's even worse with younger folks who are easily swayed by the situation and the way you ask the questions. That's why we use very specific forensic interrogators with young children. Also the children were busy having fun. The police were going on a description by 2 young children who briefly saw a man in the dark. Also the only pic we have ever seen if lincks is clearly his drivers license photo. I grew up in Crawford county before I joined the Army and got my driver's license at the same revenue office he did in downtown Van Buren not far from where he lived. I'd recognize that background anywhere. I know in the 25 years or so I've been driving very few of my driver's license photos have been a telling pic of who I am especially after a few years have passed. Also in the write up for the August case behind the Sonic the witnesses describe him as having a mix of gray and dark hair. I keep hoping maybe we'll see better pics of the guy someday. He may have started dying his hair at some point which to kids in the dark would make him appear younger.

I think the age range is a red herring here. I've been working criminal investigations and prosecutions in the Army for 19 years and I learned very early on that eyewitness testimony is super unreliable. It's even worse with younger folks who are easily swayed by the situation and the way you ask the questions. That's why we use very specific forensic interrogators with young children. Also the children were busy having fun. The police were going on a description by 2 young children who briefly saw a man in the dark. Also the only pic we have ever seen if lincks is clearly his drivers license photo. I grew up in Crawford county before I joined the Army and got my driver's license at the same revenue office he did in downtown Van Buren not far from where he lived. I'd recognize that background anywhere. I know in the 25 years or so I've been driving very few of my driver's license photos have been a telling pic of who I am especially after a few years have passed. Also in the write up for the August case behind the Sonic the witnesses describe him as having a mix of gray and dark hair. I keep hoping maybe we'll see better pics of the guy someday. He may have started dying his hair at some point which to kids in the dark would make him appear younger.
I know the police have seen his family photos. But I wish they would of shown others photos of him. It’ weird his obituary didn’t have a different photo of him. Especially since his wife thinks he’s innocent.
Also, didn’t other people see him that day and night. I forget if the other witnesses said he had hair. And I agree eyewitness testimonies are unreliable.

I find it interesting, the boy (Tye?) that was playing with Morgan and Jessica(?) that night was writing comments on Facebook after Lincks was announced as a suspect, claiming he wasn't the man he saw that night.

Last edited:
I find it interesting, the boy (Tye?) that was playing with Morgan and Jessica(?) that night was writing comments on Facebook after Lincks was announced as a suspect, claiming he wasn't the man he saw that night.
I think that was Jessica. Unless both of them said that. There’s also a lady on Facebook with the last name Lincks commenting the same thing.

I think that was Jessica. Unless both of them said that. There’s also a lady on Facebook with the last name Linck commenting the same thing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dallasgrl
Back