Found Safe AR - SG, with Issac Melder, Mountain Home - *Arrest*

Finally some press. So the linked article confirms what we learned on day one on SM. Finally we can discuss the grooming, the previous abduction. I find it very telling that this interview was with SG's step mother who she doesn't reside with. radio silence (except for SM posts) from bio mom. Seems like SG has had some chaos and instability in her life for a while now. Predator's dream.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: abr
It's scary that this man has ran off with SG again. He should have been arrested the first time. At the least, someone should have had a restraining order put on him. Him being able to stay in contact with her after the first attempt infuriates me. Someone needed to protect her from this very obvious predator.

It's too late now though. I just hope shes ok and comes home.

Reactions: abr
Just heard about this case. <modsnip> Reminds me of the other recent half dozen men who take off with 14/15 year olds. I'm really surprised he hasn't been caught - or even sightings!
FBI is involved. More people need to be aware of this case - too bad she doesn't have Candace Cooley as mom.

There have been so many missing teens in Indiana that have left with older men who connected via the internet. So scary!

In this a Public FB posting on SG Missing dated June 4th by SG's stepmom - Quite a bit of commentary on FB about this "ex-boyfriend" and SG's mom, as stated by the stepmom but don't think I can post the comments here? Nasty comments. Now there is a custody issue. What a nightmare!

I can't find anything new on this missing persons case I'd hope to see more since they have an idea who shes with and possibly alive

I heard about this a couple of hours ago and have been watching for it to hit MSM so I could post -- here it is:

SG has been found and Isaac Melder has been arrested.

A Mountain Home girl reported missing over one month ago has been found and a suspect in the case has been arrested. Mountain Home Police Chief Eddie Griffin says law enforcement officers located 14-year-old SG about 8 Wednesday night in rural Marion County.

Griffin says 40-year-old Isaac James Melder of rural Yellville, who was considered the prime suspect in the girl’s disappearance, has been arrested. The Baxter County Detention Center log shows Melder is being held on charges of interference with custody and contributing to the delinquency of a minor. The log shows other charges are pending.

SG was reported missing May 12. At that time, authorities said it was possible the girl was with Melder. Chief Griffin had told KTLO, Classic Hits and The Boot News a few days after the girl went missing, they believed she was in Marion County.

Griffin says more details about the case will be released later.

Isaac James Melder
Isaac James Melder

VINE Link's logo banner

Booking #: 20220980

Race: W

Address: YELLVILLE, AR

Arresting Agency: BXSO

Booking Date: 06-23-2022 - 1:38 am

Prior BXSO Bookings: 1

Charges:
CHARGES PENDING
CONTRIBUTING TO DELINQUENCY OF A JUVENIL
INTERFERENCE WITH CUSTODY
Bond:m$50,290.00

Note: The charges and bail amounts may change after court appearances and may not be current. Bond companies and persons wishing to post bail should contact the Detention Center staff at 870.425.7000 for correct bail amount, charges and case numbers.

Living in a cave for 6 weeks!!! :mad:
Missing MH girl had been living in cave with suspect, not first time had run away together

In an interview, Mountain Home Police Criminal Investigator Lieutenant Mike Day says searchers found 14-year-old SG living in a cave north of Summit in Marion County with the man she ran away with, 40-year-old Isaac James Melder of Yellville. Melder has been arrested and is facing charges of sexual indecency with a child, internet stalking of a child, interference with custody and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Day says searchers from the Mountain Home Police Department, Marion County Sheriff’s Office and the canine tracking team from the Arkansas Department of Corrections Calico Rock unit were looking in an area off State Highway 14 north of Summit in very rugged terrain when the tracking team discovered the two in a cave.

Day says searchers had been looking in remote areas of Marion County for weeks based in information he had uncovered during the course of the investigation.

Snip

Day says Melder had dated the girl’s mother years ago and has known the daughter since 2013. Melder and the mother had recently dated again and broke up, but he was still allowed to visit the house.

The Mountain Home Police investigator says a case like this should be a wake up call for not only parents, but everyone.

RBBM

Living in a cave for 6 weeks!!! :mad:
Missing MH girl had been living in cave with suspect, not first time had run away together

In an interview, Mountain Home Police Criminal Investigator Lieutenant Mike Day says searchers found 14-year-old SG living in a cave north of Summit in Marion County with the man she ran away with, 40-year-old Isaac James Melder of Yellville. Melder has been arrested and is facing charges of sexual indecency with a child, internet stalking of a child, interference with custody and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Day says searchers from the Mountain Home Police Department, Marion County Sheriff’s Office and the canine tracking team from the Arkansas Department of Corrections Calico Rock unit were looking in an area off State Highway 14 north of Summit in very rugged terrain when the tracking team discovered the two in a cave.

Day says searchers had been looking in remote areas of Marion County for weeks based in information he had uncovered during the course of the investigation.

Snip

Day says Melder had dated the girl’s mother years ago and has known the daughter since 2013. Melder and the mother had recently dated again and broke up, but he was still allowed to visit the house.

The Mountain Home Police investigator says a case like this should be a wake up call for not only parents, but everyone.

RBBM
He’s known her since 2013?! So since she was 5??
What an absolute creep!

He’s in jail now and for that I am glad. Much more interesting to me is, I hope that the state of Arkansas has stepped in and taken control over getting this girl some therapy and some resources that are independent of her prior life. She wasn’t with this guy because of his good looks and intellectual charm and fat wallet. She was with this guy because she sensed safety and security and has ideas about what a relationship is that aren’t aligned long-term with living a happy and healthy life, and those ideas aren’t her fault - they’re probably very rational reactions to her life experiences. This is a girl I just want to surround with love and care and stability. I hope Arkansas can figure out how to do that.

He’s in jail now and for that I am glad. Much more interesting to me is, I hope that the state of Arkansas has stepped in and taken control over getting this girl some therapy and some resources that are independent of her prior life. She wasn’t with this guy because of his good looks and intellectual charm and fat wallet. She was with this guy because she sensed safety and security and has ideas about what a relationship is that aren’t aligned long-term with living a happy and healthy life, and those ideas aren’t her fault - they’re probably very rational reactions to her life experiences. This is a girl I just want to surround with love and care and stability. I hope Arkansas can figure out how to do that.
Absolutely. If living in a cave is preferable to living at home, her home life needs to be thoroughly investigated.

https://www.ozarkradionews.com/loca...with-kidnapper-man-arrested-with-1000000-bond

Melder was arrested and charged with the following:

• Class Y Felony Kidnapping
  • Class Y Felony Internet Stalking of a Child
  • Class C Felony Interference with Custody
  • Class D Felony Sexual Indecency with a Child
Melder was booked into Baxter County Jail with a bond of $1,000,000. Additional charges may be filed in other jurisdictions.

I felt physically sick reading that previous article about this nonce. He needs to go down for life

Isaac James Melder of Yellville spent his appearance before the court complaining about how badly he was being treated in the Baxter County Detention Center.

He said he had not been allowed to make a phone call and that cleaning supplies had not been provided to him, violating his right to proper hygiene.
[snip]
He asked Circuit Judge John Putman to dismiss all of the charges against him “because of the way I have been treated in jail.” He said his “God given rights” had been violated.
[snip]
At one point, Judge Putman had heard enough and ordered the sound turned off on the video hookup between the jail and courtroom on which Melder was appearing.
[snip]
After he continued his statement for several minutes, Judge Putman wanted to hear no more and had the sound turned back on so Melder could hear him say, “I am done talking to you.”
Man who lived in cave with 14 year old girl says he’s not being treated well in jail

the man who lived on the lam in a cave with the child he groomed and abducted, thinks the jail conditions are unfair and inhumane :rolleyes:;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kakkilynn
Back