Identified! AR - Whitehall Motel in El Dorado, WhtFem, 81UFAR, 18-21, Jul'91 - #1 - Kelly from VA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe our UID is Rebecca. The noses and eyebrows are different. I think we maybe should focus on the UID pics where she doesn't have any makeup on and looks like a kid. My guess is, that's closest to how she must have looked when she went missing....

And I truly feel we should sweet talk LE into sweet talking the Stroud family about this girl. I think they know more than they're saying.

Who's good at sweet talking? NOT ME!

ITA, and I think we have been through this...just going by memory. They don't call me Dory fer nothin.

Did we get a complete list of 'already ruled out' from LE working this? R Dunn is ringing a bell....?

Huh ? how come you bumped my post from ages ago LOL

What doyou mean Dory ? that fish was a bit um ..hat eto say it but thick

ROFL why are you calling yourself thick ! ;)

I totally agree Fairy....Sweet talking sounds Good :clap:

I don't believe our UID is Rebecca. The noses and eyebrows are different. I think we maybe should focus on the UID pics where she doesn't have any makeup on and looks like a kid. My guess is, that's closest to how she must have looked when she went missing....

And I truly feel we should sweet talk LE into sweet talking the Stroud family about this girl. I think they know more than they're saying.

Who's good at sweet talking? NOT ME!

I suppose I could "sweet talk" Detective Phillips into maybe allowing one of us to give the Stroud's a call, maybe she would do it herself, she's very personable, she would sincerely like to close this case,too! Oh and Detective Phillips said that the mugshot photo of JD was taken only about 7 months prior to her death, she looks so young in that mugshot, I just knew she was only about 15 or 16.... I'm thinking now, if the older looking photos aren't of someone else, maybe her mother, aunt or older sibling, I will call the Detective and ask about that as well.....
I'll do that in the morning! Good Night, for now!

Jeremiah 29:11-14

Beckaroozie had suggested Nikki Trollinger as a possible match and we can rule her out. Sadly, her body was found in her home state the same month she went missing in 1985 and she was identified this month. I agree she looked like Jane Doe.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/identified10.html

After looking on that page it appears there were several people who were reported missing in california, found shortly after their disappearance but not identified for years. Makes me really sad

I haven't been abe to get in touch with Det. Phillips, via telephone. So I sent her an email, asking if it would be a hindrance for one of us to call the Strouds, and see if they will give us any info on JD. I did that today, it may be easier for her to respond to an email...... We'll see......

Just wanted to let you all know, I'm still helping out on this one....

I haven't been abe to get in touch with Det. Phillips, via telephone. So I sent her an email, asking if it would be a hindrance for one of us to call the Strouds, and see if they will give us any info on JD. I did that today, it may be easier for her to respond to an email...... We'll see......

Just wanted to let you all know, I'm still helping out on this one....

:blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:

Im sorry, but I have to jump in on this it is driving me nuts, I am from fayetteville, arkansas (northwest ark) I moved here to Irving texas in 1997, I first saw a pic of jane doe in 97, I recongized her 100% I am positive I had interaction with her sometime in the late 80" or early 90's Fayetteville is a big college town we had about a handful of interracial couples (maybe 25) and we all knew or hung out with each other(weird huh?)
so I have been trying to find a pic of her killer James Roy Mcalphin he is not listed in the prison system anywhere????? is he out already? If I saw a pic of him I was thinking it would jar my memory, my Husband thinks she looks familar also. Oh and a couple of months ago My husband met a preacher , that has a church on esters rd in Irving and his last name is Stroud...hmmmmmmm? any suggestions?

Welcome to WS sloane7777 - glad to have you here! Do you believe you knew this girl or just had a casual interaction with her? She went by so many different names, I guess even if she told you her name, it wouldn't have been her REAL name!

Anyhoo.....looking for James Roy, I came across this video. Thought I would share before I continue looking...

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/el-dorado-jane-doe-a-vidi-minitary/1079078142

Well I can't find James Roy McAlphin. However, it does seem he was quite the whiner in the Arkasas prison and brought a lawsuit against the wardens for several reasons. He doesn't seem to have got very far with that, but perhaps they wound up moving him to another prison in another state.

It seems that know one who "knew" this girl knew her real name. If she ran away at 11 or 13, we really have our work cut out for us. One of her most unique characteristics was her height. But if she was that young when she took off, she probably wasn't 5'11" yet.

I'm quite curious about the Stroud family. IF this girl did live with them at some point, what were the circumstances? Did they take her in or was she "shacked up" with someone in the family? I just can't understand why they can't be more helpful in identifying her!

Sorry for all the posts - but no one else is here!!!

IF, and that's a big IF, this girl was ever reported missing before she turned 18, it's possible she dropped off the missing children's boards when she turned 18 - such as Bambi Dick. I've seen it in other cases as well and if someone isn't looking for her now, and takes the time to have her posted again, she will likely fall through the cracks. Other than revisiting the Stroud family, I don't know what else we can do!

Fairy - WOW - that is a wonderful video - how did you come across it?

I can't help but think that the Strouds somehow think they may be "in trouble" if they help - I don't know why...with a preacher in the family, you'd think they'd be more open...

I wish there was some consistent way to get national attention on some of these cases...like a monthly column in "People" magazine or something....

someone somewhere know who she is....

Fairy - WOW - that is a wonderful video - how did you come across it?

I can't help but think that the Strouds somehow think they may be "in trouble" if they help - I don't know why...with a preacher in the family, you'd think they'd be more open...

I wish there was some consistent way to get national attention on some of these cases...like a monthly column in "People" magazine or something....

someone somewhere know who she is....

I found the video looking for James Roy McAlphin - her killer. But I can't find him!

I agree that the Stroud family is afraid to admit their connection to this girl but, at the very least, I believe they could call in a tip anonymously.

I'm happy to know that the detectives on this case are genuinely interested in identifying this girl. I really want to believe someone out there is looking for her...

Hey erybody! I received an email from Detective Phillips and she suggested that no one try to contact the Strouds other than a PI or LE, so I suppose we'll have to leave that alone.
Ya know I have to wonder if the Stroud's have ever thought to "Google" their names, twould (my new word) be interesting if they did and signed on here to shed a little light, so I am going to post what is already out there (in cyberland) about them below, just n case they were to type in their names, this site will come up first, they will read this thread and maybe help out a little!
Here it is:
After her death, they found a Bible in her belongings. There were several names in it: Willie James Stroud, Sharon Yvette Stroud, Ladonna Elaine Stroud, Johnny Lee Stroud, Viola Elizabeth Ross Stroud, Donna Jean Stroud, Bobbie Joan Stroud and Willie James Dantzler Sr. They subsequently found that this was a Black family in Irving, Texas and they believe that she lived with the family for a while.

PS. I am going to go search these folks on Ancestor.com, see what I can find, just for my own knowledge.....

I will return!

Hey erybody! I received an email from Detective Phillips and she suggested that no one try to contact the Strouds other than a PI or LE, so I suppose we'll have to leave that alone.
Ya know I have to wonder if the Stroud's have ever thought to "Google" their names, twould (my new word) be interesting if they did and signed on here to shed a little light, so I am going to post what is already out there (in cyberland) about them below, just n case they were to type in their names, this site will come up first, they will read this thread and maybe help out a little!
Here it is:
After her death, they found a Bible in her belongings. There were several names in it: Willie James Stroud, Sharon Yvette Stroud, Ladonna Elaine Stroud, Johnny Lee Stroud, Viola Elizabeth Ross Stroud, Donna Jean Stroud, Bobbie Joan Stroud and Willie James Dantzler Sr. They subsequently found that this was a Black family in Irving, Texas and they believe that she lived with the family for a while.

PS. I am going to go search these folks on Ancestor.com, see what I can find, just for my own knowledge.....

I will return!

Thanks MBB! I would never contact the Strouds on my own, but I do believe LE should revisit that avenue. Unless someone in the family 'fesses up, we will likely never know their true connection.

Hi everyone , I am at work so I cant see video and I have to take calls between posts so please forgive.... I finally got my husband on board with me on this and the preacher he met might be our guy, we are going to drive by the church beacaus the pastors name is on the sign he just cant remember if it was strauss or stroud -if this is the same guy, it would be so great he really was very nice and frendly, i wouldnt want to bring it up right away, I remember thinking this girl told me her name was sherry, they were staying at a motel 6 for a few months her hair was not as blond as the pics, when I get home, I will watch video-like I said I am answering the phone ,I hope this is not too scattered!

Hey Bec BEC where in arkansas are you, you know we are all related!!!!

Oh and just another thought, one of my friends from school in Fayetteville was Kelly Lee
Carr , I havent seen him in years, he was about 2 years older than me. I wonder if she knew him he ran in our circle in the late 80's, one of my best friends married his brother, but they have been divorced for several years now!

Hey Bec BEC where in arkansas are you, you know we are all related!!!!

LOL! That's a big possibility! Good to have "cousins" sleuthing here,too!! :blushing:
Sincerely though, Welcome! Glad to have ya here! I sent you a PM!

On another note, I saw that same video on youtube, awhile back I think Jan 08) before I was able to become a member here and it motivated me to search for her identity! I always cry *sigh* whenever I watch it, very touching! Thanks Fairy1 for linking it here! :dance:
In the video, it shows excerpts of where she wrote in her "diary" and in it she mentions staying at "Gail's" place and a fella named Tyrone giving "Gail" money for "rent" for allowing them to stay longer. The writing in the "diary" makes me think that it was written when she was very young and in an abusive relationship as well as homeless...
There is just so many S curves in this girls life, it's confusing sometimes! It also makes it extremely difficult to lay out a timeline for her!!!
I am doing a search on Ancestry, for all the names that she used, the first alias I entered, Sharon Wiley, shows there's one born in Minnesota, which is where the "true" Cheryl Wick lives..... Coincidence???? I believe she must've had family from there or lived there at one time in her life....
There is a Wiley from Texas, too!
Then there's the Kelly Carr/Karr alias, a search of that name brings up females born (1968 or before) in California, Minnesota,New York, South Carolina and Virginia.
I looked up the menu names too! Phillips Waterside, they're all over the east coast, started in Baltimore,MD and there was one in Virginia Beach,VA (Seems to be family type restaurants) and Phillips Seafoods started all of them and Phillips celebrated their 50th in 2006....
Now, The Raven (the red menu with a silhouette of a raven on it) is in Virginia Beach, VA and has a website link here: http://www.theraven.com/history.html if you click on their offical website and then the image button (adult material in image) you will probably figure out what her "position" was there, if she worked there....
Worrell Brothers is a bar/restaurant in Virginia Beach, VA, so I'm gonna say it's safe to think that she was either born there or close by and lived in VB,VA for sometime also....
The Boyd Sound Studio in Wylie, Texas has been there since 1976, there is a website too, here: www.boydstudio.com, you can take a virtual tour of the studio (just pics) and when you get to pic 5, in the background are photos of people, one of them (maybe two) resembles our Jane, then pic 6 has Happy musicians as the tag, I see a couple of pics that could be her, ???? Boyd's seems like a really nice studio, a small one, but set up very well....
I'll put more here later, I don't want to take over the page with this post!
Gonna do some more searching!

Happy & Successful Sleuthing to ALL.....:D

Again I think for me the key would be seeing a pick of James Mcalphin for gosh sake he is a murderer, I should be able to find a mug shot or something somewhere, and surely he is not out! well he sure could be that was almost 20 years ago!

"I don't believe in the concept of hell, but if I did I would think of it as filled with people who were cruel to animals." - Gary Larson

I hear the transfer alot of prisoners to LA from Arkansas and their website does not show pictures, But now that I think about it , he really is probably out can someone ask the detective if she knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675