AR AR - Whitehall Motel in El Dorado, WhtFem, 81UFAR, 18-21, Jul'91 - #2 - Kelly from VA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have finally finished reading both threads and I have a few questions:

1. Is there somewhere we can see more of her diary or are those two brief excepts in the youtube video the only ones that were found in her things?

2. I'm quite impressed that Sloane has kept track of her murderer all these years. Has anyone done extensive background on him to find out all the locations he and his family members lived or traveled to in the past? Does he have parents or siblings that are living and has anyone (like the reporter who did the story for Huffpost) contacted his family to ask if they know EDJD?

3. I noticed she is wearing a baseball jersey in some of her full length pics and it looks like it might say Oakland Raiders. Could this be another hint at a California connection?

4. Lastly, there is a pic of her and her killer (I think that's him?) in front of the motel and the car where he has his arm around her neck. Do we know WHO took that photo? Or who took any of the photos of her? That one of them together means there was at least one other person there. Could have been a passer-by or could have been someone traveling with them/living with them.

Yay, happy to see you here!

Here are two good sources for info:

Not sure who put this website together but it was done very nicely and everything is all in one place - http://eldoradojanedoe.wix.com/home#!clues

Also, David Lohr from Huffington Post, his article is very informative and there are copies of all of James' letters to him attached.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/eldorado-jane-doe_us_56e6d679e4b0b25c918276a3

As for James, I don't know too much about him but I believe he is from Arkansas. I do know he has a son and per the wix page, he killed EDJD on his son's birthday. After serving the majority of his sentence for killing EDJD, he was convicted for 2nd degree assault in 2011 and he's still incarcerated now. I just looked up his record, looks like he has a bad habit of bad behavior in prison. You can find him by looking up the Arkansas State Prison inmate search, his name is James R. McAlphin.

The Raider's jersey could be a sign to a California connection or it could be she liked it because it was popular at the time. Late 80's and early 90's rappers wore a lot of Raiders gear, think NWA in their early years.

Finally, yes the picture is of her and James. Not sure who took the photo. Sounds like they knew people around the area so possibly a friend? I wish we knew more about the other friend mentioned in David's article, the friend EDJD stayed with just before she was killed. I wonder if he was ever able to follow up with her.

Side note, I couldn't find my old post but a while back I did a bunch of research into the family names listed in the bible she had. It still bothers me that the police never actually made contact with them. Most of them are now deceased so time is running out.

David, do you still read here? Would you be interested in reaching out to the family in the bible?

Yay, happy to see you here!

Here are two good sources for info:

Not sure who put this website together but it was done very nicely and everything is all in one place - http://eldoradojanedoe.wix.com/home#!clues

Also, David Lohr from Huffington Post, his article is very informative and there are copies of all of James' letters to him attached.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/eldorado-jane-doe_us_56e6d679e4b0b25c918276a3

As for James, I don't know too much about him but I believe he is from Arkansas. I do know he has a son and per the wix page, he killed EDJD on his son's birthday. After serving the majority of his sentence for killing EDJD, he was convicted for 2nd degree assault in 2011 and he's still incarcerated now. I just looked up his record, looks like he has a bad habit of bad behavior in prison. You can find him by looking up the Arkansas State Prison inmate search, his name is James R. McAlphin.

The Raider's jersey could be a sign to a California connection or it could be she liked it because it was popular at the time. Late 80's and early 90's rappers wore a lot of Raiders gear, think NWA in their early years.

Finally, yes the picture is of her and James. Not sure who took the photo. Sounds like they knew people around the area so possibly a friend? I wish we knew more about the other friend mentioned in David's article, the friend EDJD stayed with just before she was killed. I wonder if he was ever able to follow up with her.

Side note, I couldn't find my old post but a while back I did a bunch of research into the family names listed in the bible she had. It still bothers me that the police never actually made contact with them. Most of them are now deceased so time is running out.

David, do you still read here? Would you be interested in reaching out to the family in the bible?

The Raider's Jersey does look like it's oversized--perhaps it belonged to James or Tyrone? Another small hint that she might be familiar with California is her reference to Gail going to Fresno. She mentions it without even saying anything about California. How well known was Fresno in the 1990's? I don't feel like it's on the same level as say Los Angeles, San Diego, San Fransisco, etc. where one would mention it without having to say where they are talking about...but maybe I'm wrong about that. I didn't grow up on the West coast and I would not have known where Fresno was as a teen or early 20-something.

As to the family in the Bible: I suspect they are actually related to either James or Tyrone. They should be questioned because they could know her from their neighborhood but I don't think her having their Bible means she lived with them. It could just mean James or Tyrone gave the Bible to her and she kept it. Someone earlier suggested that James was related to them but I think Tyrone being related to them could be just as likely if she was in love with Tyrone and kept the Bible to remember him. I need to go read James' letters but my main impression of what was put in the interview was that he was lying about almost everything. His lies have a very specific purpose--to try to make money and to make himself look better. If there is a kernel of truth in any of the stories he told it will have to be independently verified to convince me.

In regards to the family in the bible, I did A LOT of research (will share with you if you're interested) and never found any connection to the McAlphin's but it is worth a second look.

She may have been in California. Being a San Diegan my whole life I don't ever remember hearing about Fresno. It's a small farming town that does not have a good reputation.

Maybe she was talking about Gail going to Fresno TX, that would make more sense!

Oh yeah and regarding James, I do believe a lot of his letters are lies but there are definitely truths in those lies. I'm not sure he even knows her name or cared. He knew her as Mercedes.

The jersey doesn't seem significant to me. Being from the West Coast and growing up when I did over sized jerseys were super popular. I also grew up a Raiders fan so that could be why it doesn't seem so odd to me.

In regards to the family in the bible, I did A LOT of research (will share with you if you're interested) and never found any connection to the McAlphin's but it is worth a second look.

She may have been in California. Being a San Diegan my whole life I don't ever remember hearing about Fresno. It's a small farming town that does not have a good reputation.

Maybe she was talking about Gail going to Fresno TX, that would make more sense!

Since it seems like a lot of people have looked into the Strouds already, I'm going to start by looking for Gail's grandmother in Fresno. I have already looked up women who died in Fresno, CA and Fresno, TX in 1990. I'm going to start with Texas because there is a smaller pool of women who were old enough to be grandmothers. I have one that is promising already with ties to both Texas and Arkansas. If I find she has a granddaughter named Gail I'll share the lead. So far the first woman I'm looking at had 11 children. This may take some time. :)

PS: I will probably look at the Strouds eventually, Emilove. I'll let you know if I get into their family tree. ;)

I grew up in that area, it is NOT well know to ppl from outside CA.

The Raider's Jersey does look like it's oversized--perhaps it belonged to James or Tyrone? Another small hint that she might be familiar with California is her reference to Gail going to Fresno. She mentions it without even saying anything about California. How well known was Fresno in the 1990's? I don't feel like it's on the same level as say Los Angeles, San Diego, San Fransisco, etc. where one would mention it without having to say where they are talking about...but maybe I'm wrong about that. I didn't grow up on the West coast and I would not have known where Fresno was as a teen or early 20-something.

As to the family in the Bible: I suspect they are actually related to either James or Tyrone. They should be questioned because they could know her from their neighborhood but I don't think her having their Bible means she lived with them. It could just mean James or Tyrone gave the Bible to her and she kept it. Someone earlier suggested that James was related to them but I think Tyrone being related to them could be just as likely if she was in love with Tyrone and kept the Bible to remember him. I need to go read James' letters but my main impression of what was put in the interview was that he was lying about almost everything. His lies have a very specific purpose--to try to make money and to make himself look better. If there is a kernel of truth in any of the stories he told it will have to be independently verified to convince me.

it isn't that small, its nearly half a million, but it is the butt of many jokes lol. I live in the Bay Area now and my afternoon radio show plays a jingle that goes "your vacation destination when your budget is low, its time to listen to the news from fresno..." and then plays a sound byte of some ghetto or crazy news.

I recall reading in an earlier post that hair analysis showed she'd definitely been in CA.

Did they do hair analysis on EDJD?? I know they did on BSG but don't remember for this doe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did they do hair analysis on EDJD?? I know they did on BSG but don't remember for this doe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See post #142 in this thread - there's a bit of discussion about it. Will do some googling and see if I can find the actual source for this.

I was reading the comments on a missing persons site article about her and there was one that stood out. It has been mentioned on here before but I can't see that anyone investigated any further?

she looks so much like a girl from hanna high school Brownsville texas her nickname was bigbird. I don’t know what her real name was but she was tall , blond, and with freckles and I believe she had blue eyes. I have come across people from hanna high but not her and wonder what happen to her. I believe she was the same age as this girl. this girl would have graduated from hanna high at class of 91 . she had a boyfriend by the name of *advertiser censored***** p***. The graduation date might rule this one out but if she left school a couple of years prior to graduation then it could work. I have found the boyfriend who is mentioned - in the 1990 yearbook he's a junior, and I also found him on fb.

What do you all think, a) has anyone already looked into this? b) do you think it makes her too young? I'm wondering whether it's worth sending JD's picture to him.

I say send it!
I found that comment and did some searches through year books, but couldn't find any pics of "big bird" If he the person who commented didn't know what happened to her, chances are she left the area and whatever she was doing wasn't broadcastd back to her high school friends, i.e. dancing and prostitution... I like this potential lead...

I say send it!
I found that comment and did some searches through year books, but couldn't find any pics of "big bird" If he the person who commented didn't know what happened to her, chances are she left the area and whatever she was doing wasn't broadcastd back to her high school friends, i.e. dancing and prostitution... I like this potential lead...

Yeah I think I'll send it to him. I'll keep you posted if anything comes of it. Thanks

I was reading the comments on a missing persons site article about her and there was one that stood out. It has been mentioned on here before but I can't see that anyone investigated any further?

she looks so much like a girl from hanna high school Brownsville texas her nickname was bigbird. I don’t know what her real name was but she was tall , blond, and with freckles and I believe she had blue eyes. I have come across people from hanna high but not her and wonder what happen to her. I believe she was the same age as this girl. this girl would have graduated from hanna high at class of 91 . she had a boyfriend by the name of *advertiser censored***** p***. The graduation date might rule this one out but if she left school a couple of years prior to graduation then it could work. I have found the boyfriend who is mentioned - in the 1990 yearbook he's a junior, and I also found him on fb.

What do you all think, a) has anyone already looked into this? b) do you think it makes her too young? I'm wondering whether it's worth sending JD's picture to him.

She stayed at the Dallas Life shelter 1989 , so not her unless she went back to HS in her mid 20S, and no isotope ,she was cremated after the autopsy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nahnah_2015