Are the Ramseys involved or not?

• The Ramseys are somehow involved in the crime and/or cover-up

Votes: 883 75.3%
  • The Ramseys are not involved at all in the crime or cover-up

Votes: 291 24.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaving from the basement window isn't possible. Smit is delusional.

From what I know of the case - there was a chair blocking the closed/entrance door to that basement area (where the broken window was); impossible for the intruder to have pulled the chair behind him/her when entering the room and closing the door behind.

The window was found slightly open (one inch) - did the intruder pull the window closed behind him/her while scaling up the wall as well?

Why was the door and window closed behind an exiting intruder?!

John Ramsey wasn't concerned about finding the window open & unlocked when looking for possible intruder entrance/exit.

Coming in through the window....did the intruder know it was already broken? And then, reach up and pull the grating back over it.

Didn't see Smit try that trick.

Would excitement about that make her forget if this was the same person who'd molested her at the party on the 23?

He had her crying and trying to call 911, because not even her parents protected her from molestation, (coroners said autopsy showed she was stretched, so it had evidently happened a lot, probably explained her going to the school nurse almost every Monday, and her bedwetting) and someone took the phone away from her who later claimed his mother was in a hospital, and then Stine wouldn't even open the door for police.

Where can I find more information on this 911 call that came from the Ramsey's home on the 23rd? If a 911 call is answered by the police and it turns out to be a hang up or a mistake would the recording of the call still be saved?

And how in the world can you compare bedwetting to being molested? Some kids just wet the bed.

I believe it was a hang up, the police arrived and were told everything was fine.
Coincidences abound in this case, the Whites, the Santas, have the market cornered with them.
IMO

TLynn said:
Leaving from the basement window isn't possible.

That's correct. If there had been an intruder, and he had came and gone by way of the broken basement window, he wouldn't have gotten any further than the train room.

The train room had just one door, and that door, which opens outward and into the area leading to the stairway to the first floor, was blocked by a chair that John Ramsey himself admits was in the way because he had to move it to get to the door and into the train room himself (the broken basement window is in the train room).

Also, early that morning the police observed an unbroken spiderweb on the metal grate that covered the basement window-well outside. If the metal grate had been removed to get to the window in the window-well, the spiderweb would have been broken.

No intruder entered or left by means of the broken basement window in the train room.

JMO

BOULDER -- Investigators had information that could have cleared John and Patsy Ramsey of suspicion in their daughter's murder, but chose not to make it public, their attorney said Monday.
It is only with the court-ordered release of 65 pages of search warrants and supporting affidavits, said lawyer Hal Haddon, that the public learned the following:
-A Boulder police sergeant arriving at the Ramsey home more than three hours after 6-year-old JonBenet was reported missing found what appeared to be recent pry marks near the handle of a locked back door.
It has been reported since the Christmas night murder that there were no signs of forced entry at the Ramsey home.
-Police removed a blue suitcase, a window grate, and broken glass from the residence.
Neither the search warrant, nor the affidavits, state that the suitcase was found beneath the broken window. But Haddon's statement asserts that the suitcase was "removed from under the broken window.''
The public didn't hear about these sooner, Haddon said, because they don't support a police theory of the Ramseys' guilt.
The Ramseys have proclaimed their innocence, and contend an unknown intruder is responsible.
"It is significant that while the defamatory contents of the search warrant affidavits and inventories have previously been leaked to the media by police sources, these 'sources close to the investigation' did not leak information which is exculpatory to the Ramsey family,'' said Haddon.
"The material released today demonstrates substantial evidence of an intruder, including pry marks on the exterior door, a broken window in the basement, and a blue suitcase removed from under the broken window.''
Haddon said the Ramseys had offered police complete access to their home, and that search warrants were never necessary for investigators to pursue the case.

September 30, 1997

How would the chair blocking the door make any sense?
It would make sense only if the intruder used this access before, maybe during a practice run, setting up the suitcase as a possible way out,but not needing it that particular night.
When our house was broken into, the window was broken, access to the basement was secured through this window, however he left by a door. The police saw evidence pointing to his being down there before, sneaking in at night ,using our home as a warm sleep area on cold nights. It wasn't until we noticed a first level door ajar that we knew he had been in , and we do not know how long we may have overlooked this same door on other occasions.

sissi said:
How would the chair blocking the door make any sense?

Sissi,

The chair was blocking the door from the train room. It was the only door from the train room. Therefore, an intruder who had come in through the basement window in the train room would not have gotten any further than the train room because the door was blocked. John Ramsey admits the chair was still in position against the door and he had to remove it when he went down to the basement by himself and checked the broken window sometime around 10 to 11 A.M.

This, of course raises another question. Was the chair against the door when Officer French and, a few minutes later, Fleet White, checked the train room around 6 A.M. that morning? Or didn't either of them enter the train room?

JMO

Eagle1 said:
Okay, if an intruder brought the fresh pineapple, it had to be someone who knew JonBenet liked it, correct? (It's delicious.) She told her friend Megan and her mom that she'd been promised an extra visit by someone calling himself Santa. Would excitement about that make her forget if this was the same person who'd molested her at the party on the 23?

He had her crying and trying to call 911, because not even her parents protected her from molestation, (coroners said autopsy showed she was stretched, so it had evidently happened a lot, probably explained her going to the school nurse almost every Monday, and her bedwetting) and someone took the phone away from her who later claimed his mother was in a hospital, and then Stine wouldn't even open the door for police.

So does that mean the parents were involved, because they apparently never ever protected her? Were they to get business advantages from this? Did they definitely know, or not believe her? Poor little kid, imagine having to live like that!
my gosh how did you know she went to school nurse ? where can i go to read more?

John Ramsey admits the chair was still in position against the door and he had to remove it when he went down to the basement by himself and checked the broken window sometime around 10 to 11 A.M.
You can't use statements from the Ramsey's to back up your theorys and then call them liars when it's convienent.​
my gosh how did you know she went to school nurse ? where can i go to read more?

I'd like to know where that information is also.

I believe it was a hang up, the police arrived and were told everything was fine.

Thanks for the answer Sissi, but where is the documentation. Who were the
officers that showed up to answer the call. Is there a police report on line for us to view.

From PR Interview 4/97

TT: Okay. What about any injuries, any major injuries, any major injuries to JonBenet?

PR: She, Burke hit her in the face with a gulf club one time, and the leg…

TT: Ay stitches or anything like that?

[font='Courier New', monospace]PR: No, it was just kind of a skin abrasion, she had a little scar, a little teensy little scar there, but it just kind of squashed the skin up and something to stitch it. She had a black eye, and…[/font]

[font='Courier New', monospace][/font]
[font='Courier New', monospace]Wow, TT cuts her off big time here. Wish he would have followed up on this line of questioning a little more.[/font]

QUOTE=Zman]
John Ramsey admits the chair was still in position against the door and he had to remove it when he went down to the basement by himself and checked the broken window sometime around 10 to 11 A.M.
You can't use statements from the Ramsey's to back up your theorys and then call them liars when it's convienent.​

I'd like to know where that information is also.

Thanks for the answer Sissi, but where is the documentation. Who were the
officers that showed up to answer the call. Is there a police report on line for us to view.

Rocky Mountain News
Dec. 23:
6:47 p.m.: Someone attending a Christmas party at the Ramsey home places a 911 call. Police dispatcher Therese Hilleary answers. The caller hangs up without speaking.
6:54 p.m.: Police call back and get the Ramsey answering machine. Officer identified as "B.O. 266'' goes to the home.
7:09 p.m. Officer leaves Ramsey home

[/i][/QUOTE]

Thanks Sissi
Oddly enough I found the reports listed in The RMN myself. Do we know if the police officer left after speaking with one of the Ramsey's? Also does anyone know if John or Patsy were questioned about this call? I just looked through the 4/97 interviews again and did not see any mention.

Zman said:
Thanks Sissi
Oddly enough I found the reports listed in The RMN myself. Do we know if the police officer left after speaking with one of the Ramsey's? Also does anyone know if John or Patsy were questioned about this call? I just looked through the 4/97 interviews again and did not see any mention.

It is in one of the books (I can't source it right now, sorry, maybe someone else can) that perhaps FW was dialing to call his mom who was in a hospital and that he accidently called 911 during that process. I also think it was S Stine who answered the door when the police officer came regarding the 911 call and dismissed the call.

IMO

I remember a discussion about an internal phone system. Here, we need to dial "9" for an outside line when there is a phone system.

I'm not entirely sure how the explanation for this panned out. What was the code to california that would result in a 911 call going through by accident?

Jayelles said:
I remember a discussion about an internal phone system. Here, we need to dial "9" for an outside line when there is a phone system.

I'm not entirely sure how the explanation for this panned out. What was the code to california that would result in a 911 call going through by accident?
It is my understanding, not necessarily accurate information, that Fleet was making an overseas call, using 011.

The butler door: A police report noted that a Ramsey friend who arrived at the home shortly after 6 a.m., one of the first people there, said a door on the first floor -- called the butler door -- was ajar. Smit believes it's possible the door was an escape route for the intruder.

from above rmn link...my ?..was this fernie?

I believe that the Ramseys were NOT involved in the murder of their daughter. I also believe that the Ramseys would not cover up JonBenet's murder, or shield the murderer even if it was one of them.
What we don't know is how Thacher Alexander or Thatcher Alexander stayed UNDER the radar when he lived in The Priscilla and Fleet White house only two doors away. The phone there [four phones by the way] originally was listed as Fleet Oil Company. Now WE ALL KNOW that there was no Fleet Oil Company at that address - just a listing. Everyone has skeletons in their closet. Fleet White knew that the best defense is a good offense. So he pointed fingers at Patsy and John and those fingers ARE STILL POINTED AT THEM! There is no evidence that JonBenet WAS or was NOT murdered in Fleet's house because no one searched HIS house two doors down. I have a PRIME SUSPECT but I don't know if she had access to that house. I don't know if she was house-sitting that house or if that house was empty or had someone there over the holidays. The Whites moved away from that house.
But it is not impossible that there were some shady dealings done by the UNEMPLOYED Fleet White, and everyone felt defensive.

Hi I'm new. Just having read crimelibrary's report and came here to see how the discussion is going. I am surprised to see most ppl think that the Rs are involved. Sorry for being ignorant, but could you write some pointers to start me off and your reason? Thanks and great board btw.

BigAppleDetective said:
What we don't know is how Thacher Alexander or Thatcher Alexander stayed UNDER the radar when he lived in The Priscilla and Fleet White house only two doors away.

BigAppleDetective,

Would you please tell us what you know about Thacher Alexander? Thanks.

JMO

sgoutsider said:
Hi I'm new. Just having read crimelibrary's report and came here to see how the discussion is going. I am surprised to see most ppl think that the Rs are involved. Sorry for being ignorant, but could you write some pointers to start me off and your reason? Thanks and great board btw.

Body of girl found in home.

Unique ransom note provided to police by parents with no other evidence of kidnapping.

Ergo, parents involved.

Ransom note a small work of fantasy literature with handwriting, phrasiology and subject content associated to the mother, not the father.

Ergo, mother involved.

Read www.Seraph.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members