Arias files motion to fire lead attorney Kirk Nurmi

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 13m There is another hearing set for Nov 26th for #JodiArias, nothing was resolved today. There's a shocker. #welp

Trial Diva Sharee™ ‏@TrialDivasS 17m #JodiArias hearing for 11/26 has been on calendar for a little while so this is probably why they chose 2 handle everything at next hearing

Trial Diva Jen ™ ‏@TrialDivasJ 25m Nothing resolved today in #JodiArias hearing so they meet again on 11/26

Jodi is happy to just get her happy bus ride,that's why this needs to end.

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 13m There is another hearing set for Nov 26th for #JodiArias, nothing was resolved today. There's a shocker. #welp

Trial Diva Sharee™ ‏@TrialDivasS 17m #JodiArias hearing for 11/26 has been on calendar for a little while so this is probably why they chose 2 handle everything at next hearing

Trial Diva Jen ™ ‏@TrialDivasJ 25m Nothing resolved today in #JodiArias hearing so they meet again on 11/26

Why am I not surprised. Ugh! This is so typical now.

I'll be pleasantly shocked if this mini-trial begins in January or even February.

According to the last minute entry for JM's other current trial (Chrisman), his retrial is scheduled to begin on Jan. 27, so it seems like Arias' is going to have to come after that. That could change of course but I don't see a trial date yet for Arias so maybe JSS is willing to have JM finish up with RC before redoing her sentencing phase.

Tweets from today's hearing:

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 2h We thought today's Jodi Arias hearing would be open, but no. Even the media motion is closed to the media. And will they set a trial date?

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 2h Judge Sherry Stephens just let media attorneys David Bodney and Chris Moeser in. #jodiarias

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 2h OK, now we're inside the Jodi Arias courtroom as they are about to discuss whether they can compel the jurors' Twitter account. Nurmi is up

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 1h Nurmi is saying that asking jurors for their Twitter handles is less intrusive than asking their address and phone number. #jodiarias

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 1h Nurmi wants to make sure that future jurors aren't talking about the Arias case over Twitter.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 1h Now Juan Martinez compares Nurmi's Twitter request to "something the KGB might do." He says there was no juror misconduct in the 1st trial.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 1h Now Martinez sarcastically asks, Why not go further and put future jurors under surveillance? Nurmi says the remarks are insulting.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 1h Stephens takes the Twitter motion under advisement. #jodiarias

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 1h Next hearing Tuesday at 8 a.m. #jodiarias

Trial Diva Sharee™ ‏@TrialDivasS 1h Nurmi strolling down memory lane outside courthouse in his skinnier slacks #TheTrialDivas #JodiArias pic.twitter.com/03waNqZGIz

nurmi_zpsc6b1a0c8.jpg

Trial Diva Jen ™ ‏@TrialDivasJ 1h #JodiArias was shackled up good, in stripes, bun, and looking skinny

Trial Diva Jen ™ ‏@TrialDivasJ 1h Next hearing has been scheduled for 8am Dec 3rd #JodiArias

:tyou: geevee for these updates!!! Thanks button wasn't enough!

eta (Leaving here, but just realized I posted in wrong thread and there is already a discussion about it in Sidebar)

Just saw this on twitter. The link to hear the segment is below:

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 14m
The reporter who interviewed #JodiArias right after the verdict will be reporting on her alleged threats to have Juan #Martinez murdered!

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 11m
...not just JM but Lead Investigator Esteban Flores and another member of the Alexander Family, sister Samantha..#JodiArias

AzSandi ‏@azmatthews 6m
Coming up live at 5 az time Did #Jodiarias want to have #JuanMatinez killed? #Troyhayden
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/category/234795/live-video1

I saw that piece, wonder why she isn't afraid of JA sending someone out after her? lol

Thanks for posting it here, LinTx. :)

I honestly think that both Jodi and the Aunt are sociopaths. Personality disorders are often genetic. The Aunt seems quite unphased by the lies and slander she's spreading and hurting the family in the process (accusing Sam of faking her tears, for one, as if she can't understand the pain that seeing her brother murdered and decaying can cause a person).

And I don't know if anyone else saw this but Wendy Murphy wrote an open letter to Martinez giving him 'pointers' for the sentencing re-trial and one thing she says is often defense lawyers will purposely not call witnesses for one reason or another, one being setting up an ineffective assistance of counsel appeal, and one way Juan can undermine that is by calling the witnesses himself. So the family, ALV, Brewer, are still fair game and Juan can call them if he thinks it'll help his case.

I love how Wendy thinks Juan needs her help! Who does she think she is, he's been the one handling the case, I think he knows what he's doing!

11/27/2013 019 - ME: Ruling - Party (001) 11/27/2013

11/27/2013 020 - ME: Matter Under Advisement - Party (001) 11/27/2013

Ruling unsealing part of Oct. 4th hearing on cameras in the courtroom for retrial:

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/112013/m6059945.pdf

Ruling taking under advisement motion requiring juror's twitter handles:

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/112013/m6060462.pdf

exhibit #271 which is mentioned in the minutes has previously been posted about here on WS:

exhibit #270 - placard 8 piece of fabric tassle - mentioned in phone call

exhibit #271 - same pic as last - just different angle (shown in court)

#265 - another piece rope or tassle (looks like small tassles dark green or brownish in color?).

#266 item #3 placard - same as last pic

Pict show placards #2, #3, #4 - - 2 and 4 are hair fibers. (looks like brown ceramic tile floor)

#268 - Placard #43 - another piece of string tassle - on stairs leading up to bedroom

same piece of rope on stairs without placard.

..........Attn was drawn to rope (tassle) thought might be of importance in this investigation.

exhibit #271 which is mentioned in the minutes has previously been posted about here on WS:

exhibit #270 - placard 8 piece of fabric tassle - mentioned in phone call

exhibit #271 - same pic as last - just different angle (shown in court)

#265 - another piece rope or tassle (looks like small tassles dark green or brownish in color?).

#266 item #3 placard - same as last pic

Pict show placards #2, #3, #4 - - 2 and 4 are hair fibers. (looks like brown ceramic tile floor)

#268 - Placard #43 - another piece of string tassle - on stairs leading up to bedroom

same piece of rope on stairs without placard.

..........Attn was drawn to rope (tassle) thought might be of importance in this investigation.

Thank you, thank you, MrsPC!

This is on the top of the docket:

12/1/2013 MFR - Motion For Reconsideration - Party (001) 12/2/2013
NOTE: MOTION TO RECONSIDER; CHANGE OF VENUE AND REQUEST FOR INDIVUDALIZED VOIR DIRE

The bottom of the docket has an oral argument schedule for 8:20 a.m. tomorrow (12/3), is the above motion/reconsideration what will be argued?

Snipped from Ruling above:

"As previously noted in its rulings, the Court has no basis for finding the defendant has met the very heavy burden of establishing the media coverage has been so prejudicial, extensive or outrageous that a fair and impartial trial cannot be had."
--

Seems like this very same reasoning can be made (or used) by the media to get the live stream reinstated. Get moving media, JSS just gave you the best argument you'll get for your request. In her own words.

Snipped from Ruling above:

"As previously noted in its rulings, the Court has no basis for finding the defendant has met the very heavy burden of establishing the media coverage has been so prejudicial, extensive or outrageous that a fair and impartial trial cannot be had."
--

Seems like this very same reasoning can be made (or used) by the media to get the live stream reinstated. Get moving media, JSS just gave you the best argument you'll get for your request. In her own words.

Excellent find geevee!! Someone should maybe email one of those lawyers that was before JSS at that last hearing!!

:judge:

Maybe we'll be able to watch after all!! :woot:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther