Armchair Psych Profile and Treatment

Can someone please enlighten me on a few legal things regarding this case and the notebook? Why did the defense argue so much for that notebook if they are going to have to hand it over anyways when/if he pleads not guilty by reason of insanity? If he just pled guilty, then wouldn't they just take a plea deal and the notebook not being used wouldn't matter? Also, why did his defense fight so hard to not have him tested a 2nd time for forensics? I guess, I'm just trying to understand where they are going with all of this.

Can someone please enlighten me on a few legal things regarding this case and the notebook? Why did the defense argue so much for that notebook if they are going to have to hand it over anyways when/if he pleads not guilty by reason of insanity? If he just pled guilty, then wouldn't they just take a plea deal and the notebook not being used wouldn't matter? Also, why did his defense fight so hard to not have him tested a 2nd time for forensics? I guess, I'm just trying to understand where they are going with all of this.

Read the first line of your post and was hoping you were referring to the 2004 romantic drama film directed by Nick Cassavetes, based on the romance novel of the same name by Nicholas Sparks. The film stars Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams as a young couple who fall in love during the early 1940s.

Goodness I could tell you all about the Notebook...

Happy Thursday

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2

so was JH banned from the university or they just remove his access since they said he dropped already?

DENVER (AP) -- Prosecutors say the suspect in a deadly movie theater attack threatened a professor at the University of Colorado before the shooting.
In court documents released Friday, prosecutors say that's why the school revoked James Holmes' access to campus.
The university has said Holmes was denied access to non-public parts of the campus because he had withdrawn from school.
In court documents, the name of a person Holmes threatened has been blacked out.
Prosecutors say the professor reported the threats to the university and Holmes was denied access to campus.

http://www.okcfox.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/kokh_vid_7221.shtml

The campus is an open area. They could only deny his access to key card areas. He's be still able to show up on campus.

Read the first line of your post and was hoping you were referring to the 2004 romantic drama film directed by Nick Cassavetes, based on the romance novel of the same name by Nicholas Sparks. The film stars Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams as a young couple who fall in love during the early 1940s.

Goodness I could tell you all about the Notebook...

Happy Thursday

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2

(-; ahh if only I was referring to the 2004 romantic drama film. Too bad JH didn't just decide to call it a day instead and rent some Ryan gosling!

So anyways, anybody got an answer for me? Are they trying to get him off so to speak?

(-; ahh if only I was referring to the 2004 romantic drama film. Too bad JH didn't just decide to call it a day instead and rent some Ryan gosling!

So anyways, anybody got an answer for me? Are they trying to get him off so to speak?

You raised a lot of good, important questions about the Holmes notebook, but frankly given the plethora of contradictory, dissimilar statements that have been given about so many elements of this case that may or may not exist as stated , at this point it is really hard to positive factual answers to your questions.

In reality we don't know if the notebook contains content that has been purported; it could be something as benign as a journal/diary that she asked him to write (which after withdrawing he came across and mailed it) or it could be the illustrations of his plan for the massacre... we really don't know.

It's frustrating.

I wonder if they will do a handwriting analysis on James Holmes. Should be interesting.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/297374/339/9Wants-to-Know-From-Jimmy-to-James

After graduating high school in 2006, Holmes studied neuroscience at the University of California at Riverside where he lived in typical dorm settings. In the apartment complex where he lived, students who were there during Holmes' time don't recall him.

While numerous students and staff told 9Wants to Know they clearly know the name and Holmes' ties to the university, no clear recollections of him emerged.

9Wants to Know spent a significant amount of time looking for students and staff in the Biological Sciences building who would have likely interacted with the suspect. Nobody remembered Holmes. Not even students who graduated the same year.

One faculty member said a professor who did know Holmes and wrote him a recommendation letter is under a gag-order.

This just gets curiouser and curiouser....Someone should really follow up on this and verify that he was really an "ordinary" student there for undergrad.

Not sure where to put this..... I am seeing some tweets (don't know to bring over on iPad)

Holmes is in hospital want make hearing tomorrow tried to commit suicide.

I'll keep trying to figure out how to bring tweet over.

Here is the Denver Post story on the alleged suicide attempt:

Sources: Aurora theater shooting suspect injured self by ramming head into cell wall
http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_21996344http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_21996344

In addition to the reporting in the above article I read that he had a prior suicide attempt while in custody in which he tried to kill himself by jumping off his bed; you can't make this drivel up... unless his bed was on top of the Sears Tower, score one for "God must have wanted him to live" :D

Law enforcement sources told local television station CBS4 that Holmes made multiple "half-hearted" suicide attempts over the past few days, including one in which he ran into a wall in his jail cell and another in which he jumped off his bed.
Another local television station, ABC7, reported that Holmes was hospitalized after intentionally pounding his head on the walls and floor of his cell.
The station quoted sources familiar with the case as saying his actions were an indication of Holmes' mental state, but did not constitute suicide attempts.
A judge approved the emergency defense request for a delay in the case, and set a new hearing for December 10. Holmes' lawyers, in filing their request, did not provide details of Holmes condition, citing legal, medical and psychological privilege.

http://news.yahoo.com/accused-colorado-gunman-sent-hospital-attorneys-002528950.html

I really want to know about this guys mental condition. I want to know how he was so highly functioning and planning and so crazy. Is it an act? It can't be all act surely. Is it real? How long has he had it? I wonder how long it will be before we are privy to this information

Here is the Denver Post story on the alleged suicide attempt:

Sources: Aurora theater shooting suspect injured self by ramming head into cell wall
http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_21996344http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_21996344

In addition to the reporting in the above article I read that he had a prior suicide attempt while in custody in which he tried to kill himself by jumping off his bed; you can't make this drivel up... unless his bed was on top of the Sears Tower, score one for "God must have wanted him to live" :D

Maybe he hopes to run off when they take him to the hospital for treatment? If I were them I would be watching him like a hawk.

I think somebody posted it awhile back. IDK

From your article:
New details from thousands of emails released Wednesday reveal 'Dark Knight' shooter James had a girlfriend around the time of the attack.
She was in India at the time of the mass shooting and, according to e-mails, was 'pretty freaked out.'
The new information also reveals detailed information about the fear and confusion in the wake of the Aurora, Colorado massacre.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57
Back