ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he wanted to get caught at all, or he wouldn't have run off to Paris and from there, Germany. Yes, I agree the spotlight on him was something he craved, no doubt. It is a part of his psyche, evidenced by the kitten killvids. If we follow his pattern of behavior, there would be other killvids similar to Lin Jun's murder surfacing. There are not. I simply do not believe he would have committed murder prior to this one, and kept silent about it. It's not his way.

But I don't get why he used his own passport, stayed in an internet cafe for over an hour.....I can't understand it.

My thoughts about the unedited 15 minute video? He thought that he would finally, once and for all, have his 15 minutes of fame .... :(

But I don't get why he used his own passport, stayed in an internet cafe for over an hour.....I can't understand it.

He's not that bright to begin with, then add in the grandiosity which goes with narcissism and makes the subject feel invincible.

One look at his mugshot tells me he didn't want or expect to get caught. The look on his face is one of fury.

He's not that bright to begin with, then add in the grandiosity which goes with narcissism and makes the subject feel invincible.

One look at his mugshot tells me he didn't want or expect to get caught. The look on his face is one of fury.

I agree with your first sentence.
Though when I look at his mugshot, I don't see fury--I see a coldness. Fury equates to heat, passion, and I've always just seen either an absence of feeling, detachment, cold...in his expression in photos.
Just my opinion, though.

Plane looks like its getting ready to land. I have tears in my eyes. One of the group members said "Feels like Justice coming home".

I have read the Gazette article and I believe that LM has already arrived back in Canada. Based on the time I first saw the breaking news this morning at 10:15 he more than likely arrived probably around 5:00 p.m. hence the past tense used in the article. I think the mechanical issue made him leave at that time from Berlin and perhaps his flight was suppose to leave earlier. Whatever may be the case I for one am very happy that the media can't make his arrival part of the circus acts that will begin soon enough.

Plane looks like its getting ready to land. I have tears in my eyes. One of the group members said "Feels like Justice coming home".

Don't count your chickens, he hasn't been convicted yet.

(I've little doubt he will be, but let's not tempt the gods...:please:).

...playing catch up, but i did get to the post where he is on his way back to canada....

just curious...does canada have miranda?

Ok this just my stuff. Got to go back to power control peroid! I think he had been been killing (we know he had !) for years (we only know animals at this point but bear with me) power control. As he keeps going the "reward" if you will is less and less , so he escalates (titalating the entire globe!) by posting it on internet.
My hangups are all the stuff we all have learned in the last 2 weeks - this dude has been screaming at us online I love blood, I love death, I love sex with dead people, I love torture, i love eating ****, i love serial killer movies etc etc.
It is not his first murder of human , it became, I think , really frustrating him for him to bo doing all this horrible stuff and not really get paid a lot of attention.
That is why I think this time he posted it -- and beleive it or not I think in the long haul we are gonna find that he realized that he is UNABLE to stop and new he needed to be caught in order to be stopped but that is a difficult decision for him.

I have read the Gazette article and I believe that LM has already arrived back in Canada. Based on the time I first saw the breaking news this morning at 10:15 he more than likely arrived probably around 5:00 p.m. hence the past tense used in the article. I think the mechanical issue made him leave at that time from Berlin and perhaps his flight was suppose to leave earlier. Whatever may be the case I for one am very happy that the media can't make his arrival part of the circus acts that will begin soon enough.

Oh my flight tracker thing, its like an inch from Mirabel, at 2440 feet. Don't think its landed yet.

Edit: just stopped updating at 400 feet 6:50 EDT. Landed?

...playing catch up, but i did get to the post where he is on his way back to canada....

just curious...does canada have miranda?

similar

sbm~

10. Everyone has the right on arrest or detention

(a) to be informed promptly of the reasons therefor;

(b) to retain and instruct counsel without delay and to be informed of that right; and

(c) to have the validity of the detention determined by way of habeas corpus and to be released if the detention is not lawful.

Proceedings in criminal and penal matters

11. Any person charged with an offence has the right

(a) to be informed without unreasonable delay of the specific offence;

(b) to be tried within a reasonable time;

(c) not to be compelled to be a witness in proceedings against that person in respect of the offence;

(d) to be presumed innocent until proven guilty according to law in a fair and public hearing by an independent and impartial tribunal;

(e) not to be denied reasonable bail without just cause;

(f) except in the case of an offence under military law tried before a military tribunal, to the benefit of trial by jury where the maximum punishment for the offence is imprisonment for five years or a more severe punishment;

(g) not to be found guilty on account of any act or omission unless, at the time of the act or omission, it constituted an offence under Canadian or international law or was criminal according to the general principles of law recognized by the community of nations;

(h) if finally acquitted of the offence, not to be tried for it again and, if finally found guilty and punished for the offence, not to be tried or punished for it again; and

(i) if found guilty of the offence and if the punishment for the offence has been varied between the time of commission and the time of sentencing, to the benefit of the lesser punishment.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/charter/page-1.html#l_I:s_1

eta: this appears to be a seminal case on point

http://scc.lexum.org/en/1990/1990scr2-151/1990scr2-151.html

I agree thanks good post.

One angle I don't think that has been explored enough is a combo of revenge and blackmail. I am not sure we are reading the script of all of this the same way politicos are. I am very interested in knowing what was in all of those notes sent with the body parts. I think this thing has been scripted, that is part that is different this time and not just by L.M. someone or a group is very angry.

I do believe he has had sex with lots and lots of people whatever his size and however he is as a sex partner. For every "Barbie" trying to get on the news I think there will be more than a few people trying to stay off. If he starts talking about his sex escapades and who his partners are (real and imagined there will be lots of people a few of them possibly important people wanting to switch the topic back to kittens.
God i am new but thank you re . I am very interested in knowing what was in all of those notes sent with the body parts

THAT drives me nuts becuase it is the only thing since the beginning of this that LE did not leak. They ONCE referred to notes in the packages , and then nothing. Tired of typing i quoted the whole thing in # 1160!
But neat someone else is with me and I think that is where they are coming up with the charge of threatening the PM - I bet the note did threaten him. BUT now left with the horror (see #1160) that he mailed SIX boxes- shudder............

None of the media here in Ontario are even reporting about it, just a 30 second snip that he is coming back and will see a judge tomorrow for a bail hearing.

God i am new but thank you re . I am very interested in knowing what was in all of those notes sent with the body parts

THAT drives me nuts becuase it is the only thing since the beginning of this that LE did not leak. They ONCE referred to notes in the packages , and then nothing. Tired of typing i quoted the whole thing in # 1160!
But neat someone else is with me and I think that is where they are coming up with the charge of threatening the PM - I bet the note did threaten him. BUT now left with the horror (see #1160) that he mailed SIX boxes- shudder............
Forgot context that one news conf, with ref to notes and 6 mailings, was before the two Vancovers - so like 6 days later when the two Vancovers happened I lost sleep waiting for the head (at this point victims family is in Canada) ugh it was awefull.
Then thinking.......... 6 boxes , now got 4, head and oh my god genitials?
Thankfully nothing has happened since but when the Vancover stuff happened that was the scarest 48 hours for me in the whole ordeal..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adrian33