ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get what you are saying, but I think you are missing MY point.

If RF had not made a statement to the press in the first place, would we even know his name???

I mean, he's just a guy. Who happened to be kind-of-dating RG. But unless he came forward on his own, would we, the general public, even know who he is?

I for one, most certainly don't expect him to be combing the beaches of Aruba.

Yes, I see what you mean. Do we know whether the networks pursued him first, or did he actually call up the networks and ASK to be interviewed?

It seems that it's been generally established that she was living with RF at least 6 days a week, but maintaining roommate rights at her gf's place. So they really were more than just "kind of dating", although at the time and under the circumstances I certainly wouldn't blame RF from trying hard to distance himself and minimize the relationship. How embarrassing.

I think if my husband of 17 years (who is wonderful btw and I certainly believe we have a great thing going) went to visit family out of state and ended up making national headlines for going missing with a girlfriend of several years, I'd probably say we were only " kinda" married if I had to respond in the first day or so of shock. It sure would beat the other outrageous and mean things I would WANT to say, lol.

Yes, I see what you mean. Do we know whether the networks pursued him first, or did he actually call up the networks and ASK to be interviewed?

snipped and bolded by me....

THAT is a very good question!

Anyone?

Something I have been pondering: there is a familiar dynamic in this case that is fairly standard in Borderline Personality Disordered behavior. It is referred to as " Push / Pull ". The person acts in specific ways to PUSH a person away, then on seeing that the person is indeed moving in the other direction, they then act in ways to PULL the person back again. Once comfortable that the person is 'back', they then push them away again and the pattern repeats over and over.

Did Robyn push RL away because he wasn't (_______), then from Aruba sensed that she had gone too far, been caught NOT in Florida but in Aruba, and "pulled" him back by sending him that text message about working things out? Did she similarly string GG along? She 'pushed' him by backing out on the cruise, then 'pulled' him with the trip to Aruba. Maybe she was practiced in the art of "Push/Pull" and constantly kept those balls juggling, so to speak, lol. Some people get off on the adrenaline of this "sport". Some people say that it becomes addictive.

How long had she maintained her dental receptionist job? Did she work in her former marriage? Are there any other signs of BPD?

He certainly hasn't emptied his bank account and deserted his job for a flight to Aruba, hotel accommodations, and three meals a day to ......well.....good question.....to do exactly WHAT? Ask the same questions of the same people that have already been asked tenfold? Stand in the street and tell passersby that he used to date a woman who came to Aruba with a secret boyfriend and who then turned up missing? Tell folks how she "done him wrong" but shucks, he got a trip to Aruba out of it?

I guess I just don't get the point of what you expect him to do. Networks in the US that PURSUE and then send a camera and mic to do a few minutes of on-air interview is a whole different ballgame than screwing up your life (and bank account) for something that serves no known purpose.

Why are you not carping about her parents and brother not being in Aruba? If anyone, they would be the more appropriate advocates for her. Yet we do not think THEY are terrible for not being there.

Perhaps the Gardner family want their privacy while they deal with the possibility of losing their daughter. That would certainly be understandable and why people are not "carping about them being in Aruba"

I don't think RF is the family spokesman, so I am not quite sure why he is on TV so much. He seems to answer questions about how "He " feels about any new info coming out about Robyn. Gotta give the guy credit, sure doesn't seem to have an ego problem. How many men do you know would go on TV and discuss over and over the fact that his girlfriend was cheating on him and lied about it.:waitasec: I know if I loved someone and found out they went away with another guy, lied about it, and then went missing. I would be heartbroken and certainly in no condition to appear on TV every nite to be questioned about her infidelity....but that's just me......but he does look very handsome without the beard. IMO:twocents:

Ya know, I have to say I've wondered WHY two people who can't get their hair wet would even choose Aruba? :waitasec:

I've not been to Aruba....is there some other great land-based recreation there? Golf? Tennis? I mean, every time I've gone on an island/tropical vacation it's been because of the water (snorkeling, surfing, swimming etc).

In retrospect, the cruise ship idea would have fit this pair better. Look at the ocean, sit in the pool up to your chest, drink pretty cocktails.

Which brings me to my second question:

RG refused a cruise trip from GG earlier in the year.

What changed between the time of that cruise and the trip to Aruba?

Maybe they wanted to go out and look beautiful, or like a perfect couple (Robyn told the waiter that she was waiting for her husband) ... he with his interchangeable hair, she with hers.

Last time, her friend or roommate was going to NY at the same time, so she went to NY instead of the cruise. She treated it like it wasn't a big deal, but he was angry and sent many angry texts. Now that we know his financial situation, it's possible that he was posing as the wealthy guy but was in fact strapped for cash ... and having to trash the cruise tickets may have really made him mad because he couldn't afford that.

I have come to the conclusion he gave the detail about cutting her toe because he wants us to think the reason no body washes ashore is because she was bleeding and sharks got to her.

He hid the body on land.

MOO.

I have come to the conclusion he gave the detail about cutting her toe because he wants us to think the reason no body washes ashore is because she was bleeding and sharks got to her.

He hid the body on land.

MOO.

What bothers me about the stubbed her toe comment is that it came from the ABC source who is speaking on behalf of GG
GG has has access to tv and has heard reports about blood being found
So he is covering for himself
Did he injure her there and make up the toe story when he realized they found blood

Why should he? If my partner of several years turned up missing in a foreign country on an expense-paid vacation with a paramour after telling me he was visiting FAMILY out of state, he'd never hear word one from me again!

RF staying well away from the twisted drama might indicate he has some sense, dignity, and emotional stability.

But professing his love for her on hr FB missing page.........................ok, I understand.

What bothers me about the stubbed her toe comment is that it came from the ABC source who is speaking on behalf of GGGG has has access to tv and has heard reports about blood being found
Did he injure her there and make up the toe story when he realized they found blood

My bolding

Who was that, did police find out who the sources were?

What bothers me about the stubbed her toe comment is that it came from the ABC source who is speaking on behalf of GG
GG has has access to tv and has heard reports about blood being found

I am thinking he gave this cut toe story from the outset. Wasn't the blood found in an empty building by the restaurant? He is not covering how that happened if so, because he says she goes back into the water after the cut (ie. never left the beach).

The only person I can think of who spoke on behalf of GG is his lawyer, Lopez.

But if it was his lawyer then it wouldn't be something that GG had picked up after hearing it in the media and then fit his story to match that.

His lawyer would have gotten it from GG before talking about it in the media, or at least GG would have already been aware of the info that Lopez had. That would lead me to believe GG had already given that story about the blood prior to it being aired.

He hid the body on land.

MOO.

Forgive me if this has already been covered, but are there any landfills near by? If so, have they been searched?

I know the mother of his children needs to protect them. But, maybe we will hear something from the mother of GVG's children.

GG is telling "half-truths". It is probably true that RG's toe was cut, but he probably did that. It is probably true that she went into the ocean, but he probably put her there. He really isn't "lying" in his mind, especially if it came down to a polygraph. IMO he cut her toe, to attract sharks (they have such a keen sense of smell and can detect a drop of blood a mile away) and then put her in the ocean. He's not really lying then in his mind.

GG is telling "half-truths". It is probably true that RG's toe was cut, but he probably did that. It is probably true that she went into the ocean, but he probably put her there. He really isn't "lying" in his mind, especially if it came down to a polygraph. IMO he cut her toe, to attract sharks (they have such a keen sense of smell and can detect a drop of blood a mile away) and then put her in the ocean. He's not really lying then in his mind.

There doesn't appear to be any evidence she was ever in the water. We know that they were seen driving away together from that spot by the fisherman. So it wasn't at that location if he did put her in the water. Would he have found a secluded spot on the coast to swim her out without fear of being spotted? I think that would have been very brazen of him, especially with no track record of murder and with no familiarity of Aruba. Being out on the beach and coast seems to be a very open endeavor, with no where to take cover and lots of potential for a witness. Being drunk himself per one of the fisherman, I doubt Giordano would want to swim her out there and risk being seen or having trouble with the currents himself.

Instead, I find it more likely he found a secluded area in the southern part of that island to not only sexually assault her but also murder and leave her body hidden. Apparently there are areas like that in this part of Aruba. He then gave the snorkeling story and the blood part to keep investigators from finding the body. He wants us to think she was eaten by sharks, that she is lost at sea.

There are things we can eliminate from the equation based on the time notations at the restaurant. We know he did not have time to bury her. We know he could not have traveled very far from that restaurant. The radius to fully explore with cadaver dogs is not that overwhelming. They should concentrate on secluded, abandoned type areas within about 5 miles of the restaurant, as well as roaming the vast desert area there in that radius. I would extend the radius if nothing turns up from that initial perimeter.

Aruba is a desert when you come in from the coasts. Bodies are found in a desert in the U.S. frequently. It's a good dumping ground, and from the looks of an overhead, there would be places to stop and do so without being seen.

arubadesert.jpg

One comment.... With all due respect, a lot of things seem to be said around here along the lines of "We know that [x happened]", when in fact, all "we know" is that someone said x happened. Or more likely, someone said that someone said x happened. Or someone read that someone said that someone said that x happened. And a lot of times, there are inconsistent reports.

So, just a friendly comment -- my professional training causes me to be very careful in determining what "we know", and a lot of things that some folks feel that we know, I think we really don't necessarily know.

Back to your regularly scheduled program...

LOL...You're too funny but there is so much logic in what you've said.
Sometimes we just actually don't think of what 'know' really means!

I want to know what the ex-wife experienced with him, the mother of his children. Maybe for an emotional or legal reason she isn't talking.

Seems something traumatic happened. Was GVG exhibiting signs of his future at that time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror