ARUBA - Robyn Gardner, 35, Maryland woman missing in Aruba, 2 Aug 2011 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps he had a kill fantasy and the trip had very little to do with sex.

Could be.

The email that RF talked about on his FB is interesting. If GG was calling RG his lover, he may have been very pissed off to see her telling RF she loved him and would work things out when she got back. This could have shattered his fragile ego. And then he felt the need to dominate her to regain a sense of power. This could have resulted in an intended death, or even unintended, through strangulation. MOO.

Doesn't it seem reasonable, with his past escalations of violent sex, that he may have drugged her and was trying something new he thought was interesting and accidently killed her. I believe he did kill her and it was an accident. So very silly that anyone would take sleeping pills in the middle of the day. So she is away in Aruba for 5 days and she takes sleeping pills in the middle of one of them...just a silly story. Makes no sense.

I am really very confused as to why there are no search/cadaver dogs on that Island yet. I mean, really?? How long does it take? It shouldn't take more than 48 hours to decide which dogs & handlers are going and hop a flight.

ALE say they feel she is dead, so what's the problem with bringing in the dogs?

HI!
I was reading some of the previous threads the other night.
What I found interesting was discovering that someone posted a transcript of the boyfriend in Maryland. At that point he claimed she went there with family after going to Florida, if I recall? When I saw him on Nancy Grace, he claimed that he knew she was traveling with a man, but she told him that the man was gay. The potential inconsistencies make me believe he knew more about their relationship or "arrangement" and doesn't want that publicized, nor would the investigators involved in the case.

Now, I also question when was the exact time of her visiting the restaurant.

I also think the car spotted at the point could have been a decoy. Who knows where they were but I feel she was already in trouble at that point. The photographs show him walking up one of the roads. Why was he not driving? For the 2-3 hours unaccounted for, they could have been at the east side (I believe it is???) of the island where it is pretty vacant and isolated. Possibly a better direction in which the tides would carry her away or at least disposal of the body. Baby Beach- it's amazing nobody was around to at least verify in person that someone was there or snorkeling, what have you. I also do not think he would direct investigators to the location where a body could be found!

Also, some questioned why would he do this at that particular time rather than before they left. I think it would look too suspicious on the last day before departure, but also, Tuesday seems to be a QUIET time of the week that allows for a more uncrowded landscape and easier way to conduct a crime(rather than a thurs or fri).
I would also like to know if there is footage of them leaving TOGETHER from the hotel, or just her, or just him and was he leaving with a suitcase, etc? The missing articles of clothing from the room... what was taken and what was left.
There is so much they are not releasing due to the investigation, but it could give us some clues.

I see how some people also say it could have been accidental which is quite possible, but also think it's possible by the way the body was disposed of and the lack of evidence as well as the thought out coordination of all aspects (if indeed a crime was committed), that it could have been planned. In the heat of the moment, I don't see any easy way someone can perform such activities under time pressures and stress without one shred of evidence. I do believe his scraps could be of help though... was he crouching down on rocks, climbing up a hill, ??

Past statements from prior victims make us believe he was quick to anger, but he probably had many opportunities to off her just as easily at his home if she was seeing him several times a month. BUT this vacation led him the only opportunity to actually insure her very easily and without much question or high suspicion. I also question some of the few people who have came forward in interviews- it appears in a media story like this, many scam-artists come out trying to make a quick buck or achieve publicity for themselves- similar incident happened in my area recently under a high profile story.

Jodie, :wagon: :welcome: :fireworks:

It is great to have you here!

Sorry for asking a question that has probably already been discussed, but I am way behind on this case..... I just read a comment on a recent msn.com article that said her ticket was only a one way ticket. Does anyone know if this is true?

Sorry for asking a question that has probably already been discussed, but I am way behind on this case..... I just read a comment on a recent msn.com article that said her ticket was only a one way ticket. Does anyone know if this is true?

I've never heard this. Do you have a link to the article?

Doesn't it seem reasonable, with his past escalations of violent sex, that he may have drugged her and was trying something new he thought was interesting and accidently killed her. I believe he did kill her and it was an accident. So very silly that anyone would take sleeping pills in the middle of the day. So she is away in Aruba for 5 days and she takes sleeping pills in the middle of one of them...just a silly story. Makes no sense.

Yes and if they can't find a body (which he may be counting on), who's to say otherwise that she didn't take sleeping pills.

It's a concern of mine that he will be released soon.

I think it is possible.

Yes, you could not say what a person would or wouldn't do under the influence of alcohol or other factors. If he wanted to take modeling pictures of her in the water, I'm not so sure she would refuse. Her friends also didn't think she would take nude photographs, but her modeling endeavors and camera evidence shows quite a different story as to what she was willing to do.

Yes, you could not say what a person would or wouldn't do under the influence of alcohol or other factors. If he wanted to take modeling pictures of her in the water, I'm not so sure she would refuse. Her friends also didn't think she would take nude photographs, but her modeling endeavors and camera evidence shows quite a different story as to what she was willing to do.

I don't know much about hair extensions but it is said Robyn had them and changed them every week. Would a woman go snorkeling who had extensions?

With those extensions you would NOT get in the water. But, if she was drunk or drugged maybe her caring about her hair slipped away. Drugs and alcohol sort of changes the game for me because she may do things she would never do sober (like ruin her extensions).

I was reviewing the information known about the case, and want to propose a possible theory based on one of Giordano's statements. I think it's possible GG was covering the possibility that the body of RG could wash up and what an autopsy might reveal.

http://abcnews.go.com/International...policy-robyn-gardner/story?id=14331550&page=2

http://www.sunshinecoasthealthcentre.ca/date-rape-drugs.html

http://www.bu.edu/police/prevention/rohypnol_fact_sheet.htm

http://oade.nd.edu/educate-yourself-drugs/rohypnol-flunitrazepam/

http://oade.nd.edu/educate-yourself-drugs/rohypnol-flunitrazepam/

This theory speculates that Robyn's death was not planned. What was planned was a sexual assault of the victim while in her drugged state of mind. This may have been done due to unwillingness on the victim's part to engage in certain sexual activities, or as part of some deluded fantasy to overpower the victim with drugs so he could have his way with her. There is some degree of evidence that the victim may not have been a completely willing party to all of Giordano's plans, such as her comment "This sucks" at 2 a.m. the night before her disappearance, made on RF's Facebook wall.

How difficult is it to obtain roofies in Aruba? Is it possible to track down a purchase of them? Another angle to check would be to find out from Robyn's friends if she carried a bottle of sleeping pills with her as a routine. I believe it will be discovered that she does not. Also, she didn't take the bottle of pills with her into the ocean, so where are they?

The statement by Giordano may have been his way of ensuring he is not implicated in her death in case her body is found and the drug is found in her system.

I don't what kind of sleeping pills this woman supposedly takes but I used to take Ambien for sleep and discovered it's amnesia effects and the fact that you could fight the drowsiness effect that it causes and stay awake. I took it often.. during the day, at night, didn't matter because I could stay awake on it and not remember or feel a thing. The other non-benzo hypnotics (Lunesta, Sonata etc.) work the same way.. people drive, cook food, etc. and nobody can even tell they are not really "there" (it's kinda like a fugue state). It can also cause increased libido and euphoria. I can't help but wonder if this is what she was taking or given.

Following this case closely and trying to keep my thoughts positive but it's getting harder and harder.. I feel so sad for everyone who loves this woman.

Someone in the other thread stated that CE and RF both had some guy in KIA (jail) as FB friends. I'm still trying to figure out why they would befriend a known human trafficker that's in jail in Aruba, on FB.

I know the photos found on his camera have been discussed, but I'd like to ask what any of you think they may tell us about Gary, not Robyn.

Just reading along and wanted to say something about her seen woozy. I thought it came from restaurant staff but it appears the report came from both.

"A police source in Aruba told ABC News that restaurant staff at the Rum Reef Bar & Grill noticed that Gardner seemed woozy while she and Giordano ate on the afternoon of her disappearance. Giordano later told police they'd been drinking vodka at the Marriot before dining and that she'd taken sleeping pills earlier in the day."

FWIW

http://abcnews.go.com/International...policy-robyn-gardner/story?id=14331550&page=2

Behind the restaurant, supposedly, that old country club property seemed to have some vacant buildings before you got to the rocky beach area on the point. News footage also shows some of the interior of those deserted structures.

I'll have to go back and find the footage, or someone else might be able to, but it seems to me that as there were reports of the unused condom left on the ground, the news crews were looking around the vacant rooms with the cameras.

As some reporters said, there were no cameras in back of the restaurant, so certainly no cameras in the vacated countryclub areas.

The fisherman may have seen them on the shoreline, but then GG could have had his car parked up near the vacated buildings, attacked her in there, and loaded her into the car, out of view.

Thoughts on this, anyone?

If she thought she was there for pictures for her modeling career, him taking her to a secluded rocky area would not have been threatening to her. Apparently she trusted him or she would not have gone. I think she did something to make him mad. It could be she read her messages to RF. It could have been refusal to do what he wanted or, it could have been the fact that she perhaps had to take a pill in order to even stomach him touching her. We just do not know but something set him off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
medievalratattack